Hacking Nintendont Controller-Configurations

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats strange mine is different by a few values.

Mine
80 7F 80 79 00 0F 00 00

Yours
80 96 74 73 00 0F 00 00

Guess your config won't work on mine. I'll try plugging in the classic controller till the game starts like you stated because mine never registered even with a few buttons configured.

Edit: Waiting until the game begins and plugging in the controller didn't work for me yet HIDTest gets button inputs from it i'm confused now.
I managed to fix up my configuration correctly now except for LAnalog and RAnalog but it still won't work ingame.
Code:
[MayFlash Wii CC USB Adapter]
VID=1D79
PID=0301
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=1
Power=6,40
A=5,2F
B=5,4F
X=5,1F
Y=5,8F
Z=7,08
L=7,01
R=7,02
S=7,20
Left=6,06
Down=6,04
Right=6,02
Up=6,00
RightUp=6,01
DownRight=6,03
DownLeft=6,05
UpLeft=6,07
StickX=3
StickY=4
CStickX=1
CStickY=2
LAnalog=5
RAnalog=6

Edit2: Sorry about the long post but I found a program online called HIDTrace that has the same values as HIDTest on the wii. Could I use this to streamline configuring the controller better?

The values that are different are the stick centers, the variance isnt anything to be concerned about.

A single wrong configuration can cause games not to work at all.
Make sure everything works in HIDTest before trying it in a game.
glanceing at what you just posted you should see several buttons not working
try v 2.149 and this configuration and only change something if its not working
https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/...onfigs/controller_Mayflash_wiiccusb-PC052.ini

HIDTrace didnt appear to do anything but display the raw data.
That wont help.
If you can find something that will display the configuration data built in to the controller or capture the vibration commands going from the pc to the controller that would be usefull.

Reactions: JR_44 and VinsCool
D

Deleted User

Booth of you are having problems with the Mayflash classic controller usb with the Left, right and z controlles.
you booth say when using a classic controller that the analog data for the triggers is not output from the adapter.
What is in the svn cant work correctly.
You booth arranged the buttons slightly differently.
In order to fix it for everyone,
What is the raw data from booth of you for nothing pressed, ZL pressed, ZR pressed, L pressed, R pressed?

Does 2.149 solve my analog issues? Should I change Digital LR in the controller .ini file to 2 from 1? Thank you for working on this!

JR_44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The values that are different are the stick centers, the variance isnt anything to be concerned about.

A single wrong configuration can cause games not to work at all.
Make sure everything works in HIDTest before trying it in a game.
glanceing at what you just posted you should see several buttons not working
try v 2.149 and this configuration and only change something if its not working
https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/...onfigs/controller_Mayflash_wiiccusb-PC052.ini

HIDTrace didnt appear to do anything but display the raw data.
That wont help.
If you can find something that will display the configuration data built in to the controller or capture the vibration commands going from the pc to the controller that would be usefull.

DUDE HOLY CRAP! YOU ARE A GOD! Thanks man it works! You sir need a medal or something I thought this would never work.

Edit: Getting a white screen before the prologue on Paper Mario TTYD all my other saves work fine but I want to replay this game once more

Lemzy101

just likes playing around with homebrew.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Hello, I need some help. I have gotten a Twin Ps2 to Usb adapter working in Nintendont. However, I am encountering issues with my joysticks and vibration function.
When I play Smash Bros Melee, it's very tricky to dash, double jump and jump diagonally. I sometimes have a slightly tilted joystick in Melee (need to adjust deadzone) and no vibration feedback. Anything I could do to fix this?

P.S: I've tried two PS2 Controllers and a Logitech PC Controller: same results)

EthanObi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I can't figure out which button translates to 'R' in super mario sunshine, I'm using a Logitech F310 controller and I can't progress without it! Help?

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does nintendont support the analog triggers from ps3 controllers? i used the current controller.ini on the googlecode site and it works except the analog doesnt seem to work for super mario sunshine(mario always stance shooting) any help?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
does nintendont support the analog triggers from ps3 controllers? i used the current controller.ini on the googlecode site and it works except the analog doesnt seem to work for super mario sunshine(mario always stance shooting) any help?

Use the latest version of nintendont with the updated controller.ini from the googlecode page, it has been fixed in 2.147

controller_ps3.ini nintendont boot.dol

tOaO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys quick question. is it possible that LAnalog and RAnalog share the same value?
I'm using a Magic Joy Box Adapter.

Lets say i got this values:

Code:
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 XY

if i touch the right stick X changes, when i touch the left stick Y changes, so both of them seem to be 7 ??
I have checked a view configs and no other config seems to have this.

So this seems to by my controller.ini

Code:
[Magic Joy Box]
VID=0926
PID=2526
Polltype=1
DPAD=0
A=1,01
B=1,02
X=1,04
Y=1,08
Z=1,40
L=1,10
R=1,20
S=1,80
Left=2,01
Down=2,04
Right=2,02
Up=2,08
StickX=3
StickY=4
CStickX=5
CStickY=6
LAnalog=7
RAnalog=7

Anyone else have this adapter?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys quick question. is it possible that LAnalog and RAnalog share the same value?
I'm using a Magic Joy Box Adapter.

Lets say i got this values:

Code:
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 XY

if i touch the right stick X changes, when i touch the left stick Y changes, so both of them seem to be 7 ??
I have checked a view configs and no other config seems to have this.

So this seems to by my controller.ini

Code:
[Magic Joy Box]
VID=0926
PID=2526
Polltype=1
DPAD=0
A=1,01
B=1,02
X=1,04
Y=1,08
Z=1,40
L=1,10
R=1,20
S=1,80
Left=2,01
Down=2,04
Right=2,02
Up=2,08
StickX=3
StickY=4
CStickX=5
CStickY=6
LAnalog=7
RAnalog=7

Anyone else have this adapter?

You should probably use the controller file from the repository that's premade for you. Yours is missing quite a bit of stuff

So is Multiplayer yet possible on FE Wiis and WiiU?
Only with a few certain adapters

wii121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm having trouble getting a Dualshock 4 to work with Nintendont. I have the latest Nintendont boot.dol (aug 28th 2014) and the ps4 controller.ini. I have renamed the ps4_controller.ini to "controller.ini" and placed it at the root of my SD SD:/. I also downloaded HIDTest and can see the values change correctly when I push buttons. When I load a gamecube game however, I get no response.

Any tips? Do you have to press something to activate the DS4 or have a certain number of gcn controllers plugged in? What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

wf6608

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, I'm having trouble getting a Dualshock 4 to work with Nintendont. I have the latest Nintendont boot.dol (aug 28th 2014) and the ps4 controller.ini. I have renamed the ps4_controller.ini to "controller.ini" and placed it at the root of my SD SD:/. I also downloaded HIDTest and can see the values change correctly when I push buttons. When I load a gamecube game however, I get no response.

Any tips? Do you have to press something to activate the DS4 or have a certain number of gcn controllers plugged in? What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Have you enabled HID Devices in Nintendont's settings?

laudern

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Have you enabled HID Devices in Nintendont's settings?

It's funny you suggest this as I use a ds4 controller for nintendont which works perfectly, but in my usb loader gx, under my nintendont settings for USB HID controller, it is set to off.

I've never turned it on because my controller works...

also wii121, Howard just altered the controller.ini for ps4 to allow for analogue control of the L and R. I don't know if he has uploaded it yet, but if not send me a PM and I'll pass it on to you...

wii121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tips. I turned on HID devices in settings and also used the new controller.ini placed at the SD root and it works now. Nice little feature.

spiderjjr45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I've just about finished up with my controller.ini file for the PS3 3rd party controller by Pro Ex. It's the shape of a 360 controller but with the buttons of a Duel Shock, pretty useful. Anyway, I'm running into a problem where the buttons don't seem to want to press only once, they press multiple times whenever they are hit. This means that pause menus pop in and out instead of simply pausing, pressing jump in a game almost always goes straight into the double jump, and a couple of other issues. Is there a way to not have the controller sending these multi-press signals? Thanks!

The controller in question:
http://www.amazon.com/Pro-EX-Controller-PS3-Playstation-3/dp/B003VWXV50

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once everything is fine, post your configuration here in order for it to be included in my repository.

Here's my configuration for the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (native PS3/PC):

Code:
[Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA]
VID=0F0D
PID=0011
Polltype=0
DPAD=0
DigitalLR=1
Power=1,10
A=0,4
B=0,2
X=0,8
Y=0,1
Z=12,FF
L=0,10
R=0,20
S=1,2
Left=8,FF
Down=0A,FF
Right=7,FF
Up=9,FF
StickX=3
StickY=4
CStickX=5
CStickY=6
LAnalog=0
RAnalog=0

Other Hori PS3 sticks likely work with it after changing VID/PID to match, and probably Hori non-PS3 sticks with some bind modifications.

Works perfectly with SoulCalibur II on r153 with stick switch set to D.

Reactions: 2dere

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Has anybody made a PS4 controller.ini that supports all the recent fixes? Analogue triggers, mapping the D-Pad and buttons to different offsets etc.? There isn't one in the repository 'tis all. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can