Hacking Nintendont Controller-Configurations

seandesales

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey

Does anyone know if the 2in1 gc adapter for usb works for nintendont, if not how do I do a controller.ini image.jpg

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who are having a problem of not being able to use the dpad and something else at the same time. I am looking for test subjects for a fix. If interested PM me your email an which controller.ini you are using.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm I don't think you're values are supposed to be twitching like that when fully pushed in a direction. the vid was clear as day will have to wait for Howard to respond at this point.
I am not seeing it. what offset are you noticeing twitching at what time index. I am seeing it behave differently from all the other ones that are working and not sure why.

seandesales

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of you who are having a problem of not being able to use the dpad and something else at the same time. I am looking for test subjects for a fix. If interested PM me your email an which controller.ini you are using.
Do you mind answering me a question? About the controller.ini I am new here sorry

Lemzy101

just likes playing around with homebrew.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I agree with this.
It's a pain in the ass to have just bare digital inputs, this is more of a pain in games like Luigi's Mansion (the simplest thing as sucking up a ghost is a struggle) and Mario Sunshine (try to beat Shadow Mario stopping everytime you want to pour some sugah on him)

L button is not used for my Controller.ini, which means I have this one as free space.
Let's say:
L + L2 = Full analog press for AnalogTriggerL
L2 alone = Medium analog press for AnalogTriggerL
L + R2 = Full analog press for AnalogTriggerR
R alone = Medium analog press for AnalogTriggerR

Most of the controllers nowadays have 4 shoulder triggers, so it means we have a button to spare.
Also, we might remove the option for the Home button enabling some C-Stick changes, Devo does this also so I don't know why is that, just leave the C Stick (Right Analog Stick) to function as it should have.
This way we can leave the Home button for reset and Select button could be used for other things maybe related to Analog functions.

What do you think?

I think it a great idea for people the don't have analog triggers. I got a ps2 to usb adapter like Yaya and games like Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion will need analog triggers.

D

Deleted User

It should now be clear for everyone :rofl2:
to be more specific, in mario sunshine, R= will trigger mario to stop and aim and the RAnalog value will throw more or less water from the FLUDD but you will be able to run unless R= is triggered. With a GC controller, R= is only triggered when the R button clicked (fully pressed) so that's when mario will stop and aim. On a PS3 controller with the PS3 controller.ini, R= and L= are triggered as soon as you press just a little bit on L2 or R2. They should only trigger when L2 and R2 are fully pressed. I hope I was clear :S I can test too so we'll be 3 testers

I have this same problem when using the classic controller analog buttons with the mayflash claasic controller to usb adaptor. Is there a similar fix to this? I used the standard classic controller .ini file.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this same problem when using the classic controller analog buttons with the mayflash claasic controller to usb adaptor. Is there a similar fix to this? I used the standard classic controller .ini file.

Are you using this one or this one? Just wondering because someone has reported both not working and i'm pretty sure the second one works (besides analog triggers)

D

Deleted User

Are you using this one or this one? Just wondering because someone has reported both not working and i'm pretty sure the second one works (besides analog triggers)

I use the second one- everything works fine except games that use the analog triggers.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I use the second one- everything works fine except games that use the analog triggers.

Could you run hid test with this and tell us which values analogs shoulders returns while pressing it from nothing to the maximum value? if this is similar to ps3 controllers, it would be easy to fix this.

D

Deleted User

Could you run hid test with this and tell us which values analogs shoulders returns while pressing it from nothing to the maximum value? if this is similar to ps3 controllers, it would be easy to fix this.

I uploaded my controller.ini file (I had to add the .txt extension to upload it) When I use the analog shoulder buttons on the classic controller and do the hid test, when nothing is pressed, HID test reports 6,00, when left shoulder analog=6,04 when right shoulder analog=6,08, but they do not pick up any analog sensitivity - it is as if they are just a digital button press. When I play the same game with the dolphin emulator on my iMac through the same HID setup (may flash classic controller to usb adaptor), the analog works fine, so I know the classic controller and the may flash adaptor has the potential for analog.

Attachments

• controller.ini.txt
    286 bytes · Views: 226

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I uploaded my controller.ini file (I had to add the .txt extension to upload it) When I use the analog shoulder buttons on the classic controller and do the hid test, when nothing is pressed, HID test reports 6,00, when left shoulder analog=6,04 when right shoulder analog=6,08, but they do not pick up any analog sensitivity - it is as if they are just a digital button press. When I play the same game with the dolphin emulator on my iMac through the same HID setup (may flash classic controller to usb adaptor), the analog works fine, so I know the classic controller and the may flash adaptor has the potential for analog.

isn't it normal your file have no returns lines? everything is written in one long single line :huh:

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure I understand, is my controller.ini irregular?

It is, I don't know want you did on it but, everything is written with no spaces, no line returns, all in a single long line... Anyway I retrieved the correct file on the controller repositry.

Try this just in case:

[MayFlash Wii CC USB Adapter]
VID=1D79
PID=0301
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
Power=6,40
A=5,20
B=5,40
X=5,10
Y=5,80
Z=6,08
L=6,00
R=6,02
S=6,20
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=2
StickY=3
CStickX=0
CStickY=1
LAnalog=20
RAnalog=21

copy those lines in a txt file and save it as controller.ini

D

Deleted User

It is, I don't know want you did on it but, everything is written with no spaces, no line returns, all in a single long line... Anyway I retrieved the correct file on the controller repositry.

Try this just in case:

VID=1D79
PID=0301
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
Power=6,40
A=5,20
B=5,40
X=5,10
Y=5,80
Z=6,08
L=6,00
R=6,02
S=6,20
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=2
StickY=3
CStickX=0
CStickY=1
LAnalog=20
RAnalog=21

copy those lines in a txt file and save it as controller.ini

Screen Shot 2014-08-22 at 10.36.44 PM.png
interesting - this is what it looks like on my side- this is correct, right? - spaces and line returns?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
View attachment 9835 interesting - this is what it looks like on my side- this is correct, right? - spaces and line returns?

it is correct for you lol it was messed up in my side. anyway could you try this?

VID=1D79
PID=0301
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=2
Power=6,40
A=5,20
B=5,40
X=5,10
Y=5,80
Z=6,08
L=20,F0
R=21,F0
S=6,20
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=2
StickY=3
CStickX=0
CStickY=1
LAnalog=20
RAnalog=21

It is an altered controller I made, maybe it could work, maybe not. please let us know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.