Gaming Nintendo working on at least three new franchises for the Wii U

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet real money I get at least ONE of these right.

F-Zero:INSANITY Would play
U MOTHER (lol) Might play
The Enemy's of Pikmin Wouldn't play
3DS vs WiiU green What?
3DS vs WiiU red Double what?
Pricess peach's tea cup ride No chance in Hell
Blast Corps U Totally!
Wave Race: Tsunami TOTALLY!
WOW So NIntendo isn't going to revive an old series like F-Zero, Donkey Kong, Pikmin etc.?

Fuck you, Haters. The problem with Nintendo recycling their old franchises is that they weren't franchises that people enjoyed very much. The only expections would be LOZ, SSBB, and MK. (Let me know if I'm missing any)

No one is going to scam me out a Donkey Kong 64 comback. NO ONE.

Star Fox. Poor ol' Star Fox. Hasn't seen much since Command. Although I think they killed the series with that game, what with all the endings. Yeah, sure, 64 3DS was a recent game, but it was a remake. I love Ninty to death, but every single game they have ever made of their main series' shouldn't be remade.

Also, Donkey Kong Country Returns, loved it, and would totally play a sequel. (Please, with Kremlings this time. Tikis are alright though.)

But new series? Sure, as long as they make it feel as fresh and welcoming to players as Pikmin did when it first came out.

Reactions: 1 person

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
These games have been confirmed by me.
Fact.
Control! (stand on balance board, 2xwiiremotes in hands and hold wiiU screen with elbows... now you are in control)
Is that yoga? XD

Nope, it's bloody stupid! haha.
I like the thought of using elbows though. Elbows get such little press.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All 3 franchises better be Mario Aquarium, Mario City, and another new series featuring episodes such as, Mario Visits the Clinic Pt. 1, Mario Visits the Clinic : Awaiting Results Pt. 2, and Mario Visits the Clinic : Living with Fungal Infections Pt.3... What ever it is actually, looking forward to some news on this.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I'm the only one who finds it funny that the thread says "3 new franchises" and everyone proceeds to bring up old franchises. New franchises means new franchises, not revivals of old ones.

The thing with "new franchises", especially with a company so based on franchises like Nintendo, is that the introduction of one usually means the death of another. So I could see 3 older franchises that have been losing steam get the axe here.

Reactions: 1 person

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I'm the only one who finds it funny that the thread says "3 new franchises" and everyone proceeds to bring up old franchises. New franchises means new franchises, not revivals of old ones.

The thing with "new franchises", especially with a company so based on franchises like Nintendo, is that the introduction of one usually means the death of another. So I could see 3 older franchises that have been losing steam get the axe here.

Nintendo never kills old franchises, they just shove them into their vault, wait for them to become "nostalgic" series, then come out with a sequel. That's why Pikmin 3 and Luigi's Mansion 2 are going to be out within the next year.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

that's what i've been trying to tell stupid people the whole thread.
good job guild

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo never kills old franchises, they just shove them into their vault, wait for them to become "nostalgic" series, then come out with a sequel. That's why Pikmin 3 and Luigi's Mansion 2 are going to be out within the next year.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is just the hipster Nintendo games. It doesn't actually deserve a sequel but people all of the sudden love it because it's either "nostalgic" or "overshadowed" by all the other Gamecube first parties.

Technically Nintendo enjoys doing this:
  1. Create a franchise
  2. If the franchise isn't Mario or Zelda, kill the franchise
  3. Repopularize the franchise (either through digital copies of the game, Super Smash Bros., etc)
  4. Make a new game for the franchise and get praised for it (see: Sin and Punishment 2, Kid Icarus Uprising, Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Epic Yarn isn't exactly a Kirby affair), Donkey Kong Country Returns)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay three new IPs!!! I hope one is a sequel to *insert shitty Kirby spin off that people like despite it being shitty* or *shitty Square Enix game that Nintendo had nothing to do with*

All people want is sequels but at the same time they'll bitch and moan about getting more sequels...its the Nintendo fanboy way, its why Nintendo do a lot of sequels.

I really want one by Retro Studios, I really think their next title would be something brand new. Nintendo would have a lot of faith in them right now and Retro really do deserve a chance to do something new. They've also been head hunting a lot of big names in Western development so I can easily see them doing something that would appeal to the West more than the Japanese market.

Monolith said last year that they were making a Wii U game, probably a new RPG. I really hope they have something new, they've become a very reliable developer that Nintendo would also trust.

Then there will be one from one of Nintendo's in house studios. Nintendo EAD have been on Pikmin 3 but they are a huge development team that work on several titles at a time. There's also Nd Cube (Mario Party 9, F-Zero), Brownie Brown (Funded by Nintendo but only have done Mother 3 for them), Intelligent Systems (Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, WarioWare, Advance Wars) & HAL Labs (Kirby, Smash Bros, Earthbound/Mother), NST (Waverace, 1080, Mario Vs DK) and Project Sora but count them out as they've just started on two Smash Bros games and they're not a large studio...shame really because after Kid Icarus they could really bring back F-Zero or StarFox and do a great job.

As for series to be axed and replaced by a new IP or even a revitalised series we've not seen for a long time:
Metroid could be gone for a little while, maybe it'll jump to handheld for the next few years. Other M was pretty bad in places, good in some but they really killed the excellent work Retro did on Prime.
F-Zero I don't see coming back for a while, which would be a huge shame because that could really work well nowadays what with people wanting a racer that isn't too easy.
Earthbound/Mother is dead, creators say they won't make a new one they consider the story to be over. Maybe we'll get a remake of the games but I really don't see another.
Mario Party 9...this is just wishful thinking

I see one last StarFox game. This game will pretty much make or break the series, I think Nintendo has been very unfair on the series by thinking that because games like Adventures (which I still like), Command, & Assault didn't sell too well that people don't want them...well Nintendo those aren't the kind of games fans want of the series, make a game that IS and ISN'T a prettied up version of a N64 game, don't farm it off to Namco and make it really good then you might see some sales.

I do see Nintendo looking back to franchises that have gone and resurrecting them. They had commercial & critical success with Kid Icarus which to me is pretty much a new IP, hell I'd so fucking love to see a new Startropics game! Those two NES games were so much better than the two Zelda ones and the stories were a little different and less clichéd...but yeah that isn't a "new IP".

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I bet one of them is Picmin.

The others will be like Smash Bros, some type of Mario game, some type of Mii game, probably Mario Kart, Zelda, hopefully F-zero!

Holy shit! F-Zero would be awesome. I just remember all the good times I've had playing those classic F-Zero games... for gamecube and N64

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1