Nintendo Video Server Spoofing

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials & FAQs' started by cherryduck, Jul 29, 2011.

Jul 29, 2011

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    Current lineup is:

1. Art of Flight
    2. Upgrade Your Life
    3. Moving Still
    4. Pizza Quest

• Newcomer

ryuichiban New Member

Message Count:
    Japan
    Guimac and I have the same problem.
    • Newcomer

ryuichiban New Member

Message Count:
    Japan
    here's my new problem

when i can press the connection check, it will only show "Your connection environment allows you to download videos" after that, there is still no videos appear on the video selection.

EDIT: Forget it, I just redownload the videos and it works.

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    yes, as soon as you get to that message, everything else is set up just right. so if the videos don't download, then there's something wrong with your video files. if after they download and the blue progress bar finishes, but it doesn't show up (no SD card is updating message), then there's something wrong with your video files.

UPDATE:
    Current Videos
    1. Red Bull Rampage (good, but Art of FLight is better)
    2. Blue Man Group - Foley Part I (unimpressive, as usual)
    3. The 3D Machine (very nice, impressive 3D, black&white cartoons reminiscent of Dexter's Lab)
    4. DolphinTale (movie trailer, 3D is subtle but nice nevertheless)
    • Newcomer

SatanicSaint New Member

Message Count:
    India
    Do I have to do anything different if I am using Connectify to connect my 3DS to the internet. I am using the college wifi and it has an login system, so I login to the college network through my network and then setup a Connectify network for my 3DS. My question is that in the 3DS should I connect ot the college network or the connectify network and the change my dns to the ip address of my computer?

nintendoom Nintendoom

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    Are there new videos?

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    Connectify sets up/IS your access point, right? then you should use the IP address that Connectify uses and have the DNS server redirect to it.

@nintendoom: i think there's new videos already, but i'm still downloading it. ESE_MD1 is currently 11.9MB, so it's newer (and shorter) than Red Bull Rampage.

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Message Count:
    Singapore
    No time to really try this... [IMG]

Does this really work? [IMG]

EDIT: added 'try'. Sorry I'm sick.

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    Yes, it does, although it's a bit of a roundabout. At least we get content outside of prescribed regions though.

UPDATE: New Vids as of posting

1. Red Bull BC One (break dancing clips)
    2. Foley Part II (3D still sucks, but the vid actually made me laugh, so content-wise it's getting better)
    3. the 3D-Machine (still same)
    4. Jason Derulo "It Girl" (yes, they're using the fourth slot to revisit some of the best 3D vids so far)

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    does this count as a double post, if it's days apart?

anyways, video update:

1. The Pig Who Cried Werewolf (Dreamworks. CGI)
    2. Blue Man Group Sports
    3. Some short clip about how Apache helicopters are handmade
    4. Blue Man Group Foley Part II

The Dreamworks vid is long, funny, but drab looking (bland colors), reminiscent of Nintendo DS cinematics. Also, the 3D is, well, off. Like it was added after it was rendered. We all know by now how proper 3D is supposed to look like, but this ain't it yet. It's a cut above Blue Man Group 3D effects, but far inferior to something like Art of Flight when it comes to clarity and 3D depth.

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    new vids!

1. Dreamworks (Monster Inc) Night of the Living Carrots

nintendoom Nintendoom

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    Current videos:
    1. Night of Living Carrots [Part 2] {Monsters vs Aliens}

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    Puss In Boots 3D trailer now on slot 2, replacing BMG The Remote. Even though 3DS top screen is supposed to be HD proportions, the video appears "squished". It's great though, looks pixel perfect, so the transition didn't lose much. Very funny trailer too, ahaha.

Interesting insight on Nintendo Video though, the Puss in Boots trailer have those measuring frames used in post-production editing, and it's a reverse image of something with FotoKem emblazoned in the middle. probably a company, probably even the ones who do the 3D conversions, probably a 3D format, who knows? it could prove useful in trying to nail the 3DS' 3D video format. I guess we can wait for the 3D video recorder app to come and finally have a go at what file format that app will record and play back.

and first time watching Dinosaur Office, very funny. XD

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    Is there a way to make it show non-Nintendo-supported videos? >:D

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    no. we do not know how the Nintendo Video app works. we also do not know which video format it supports. we also do not know how to crack the app wide open yet.

at best, we'll have more luck with the 3D video recorder app when it comes in November. that will let us make our own 3D videos, which hackers and video format experts can hack to see if we can replace those with OUR own videos that we converted (think short clips from whatever video you can think of, to maybe full 3D movies, depending on how far experts can crack it and whether or not the video format is proprietary or not). at some point, if this happens, converters will start popping up, and by then we'll officially be owners of portable 3D movie players.

but that's getting too far ahead.

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    new line up:

1. Night of the Living Carrots 2 of 2
    2. Puss in Boots 3D trailer -- second trailer, now in widescreen format instead of the squished format, also different content than the first trailer.
    3. 3net High Octane lame parkour
    4. Pizza Quest
    • Newcomer

seanking177 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Thriller seems to have been added to the first spot.

Janthran Solarian

Message Count:
    United States
    Probably won't take more than a few months for the 3D recording. There is one question though...
    How big is a 3D movie file?

ferofax End of the World

Message Count:
    Philippines
    Nintendo Video is about 40 to 60MB, for around 5 to 6 minutes of 3D video. there's probably compression there, but if there is it's an incredibly good compression, because all 3D videos on the 3DS so far have been pixel perfect. the only ones that aren't are the streaming vids, but they're streaming anyway so...

BluRay 3D videos are big, but usually it's 100% 2D video plus around 30% to 50% for the right eye video (from what i can remember, the default video stream is for the left eye). so take a regular AVI file and add 50% to get a good idea on how big it's gonna be for 3D. of course, that's at the standard resolution. if it's resized to 3DS resolution, it's gonna be smaller.

as i said, we'll all know as soon as everybody gets their own 3D video recording. just save a video to max length (10 mins) and take a look at that.

jowan New Member

Message Count:
    Colombia
    hey i have a problem, my 3ds doesnt want to connect to the internet :S...i did everything according to my language and zone but it still doesnt work! i eve deactivated the firewall :S

SPONSORED LINKS