Nintendo Switch's First Live Appearance, Running Breath of the Wild

Jimmy-Fallon-Switch.jpg

Nintendo's very own Reggie Fils-Aimé and Shigeru Miyamoto appeared on the latest "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" to promote the upcoming Super Mario Run. As a surprise, Reggie brought the company's upcoming home console/handheld hybrid to the show, flawlessly running the upcoming installment in The Legend of Zelda series:

Skip to 4:50 to see the surprise guest

It might be hard to realize that the console is actually a real thing coming in only a few months, after so many circulating rumors before its announcement and only an official introductory video released. But there it is, proof and all and it is actually our first live look at the machine in action. Reggie added that more details about the Switch will be shared on January 12th.

Bonus video: watch the multi-talented Shigeru Miyamoto play the Super Mario Bros. theme live on guitar below:

nolimits59

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey look ! Freakin stable FPS even trough explosions ! F*CK ! I will need to play this on the switch instead of the WiiU, the same place with the same explosion drop the FPS like hell on the WiiU :/.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seriously, Jimmy who?
Really nice unit, great screen and great fps. Take my wallet, Nintendo. Even if it's 400 cad.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Lol people are ragging on Fallon for geeking out, but I'll be damned if he's not the one host who would absolutely know his shit on Switch already. xD

Zelda looks enjoyable. Corny TMNT shit like that shield slide makes games fun af. Switch looks great as well. Much more seamless transition between output and portable mode than I expected.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just hate Fallon all around, not just in this piece, I just can't stand him as a host.
The switch in the other hand looks good, it seems like a portable Wii U and that is right what I was wishing for.

Reactions: weatMod

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually do like the look of the New Nintendo Switch and I think it will be very successful! Whether the power of the unit will let it down with 3rd party developers like the wiiu did I'm not sure at this point but it might and I think that is where Nintendo goes wrong to much put into the innovation side and not enough under the hood, sadly to say that is cause I am a massive Nintendo fan since way back and I luv Miyamoto he's such a good sport!

Last edited by Reecey,

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fallon is one of the best host on TV. He's up there with Carson and Leno.
I still expect the price point for the Switch to be around $250 - $300. Just my guess though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30