Nintendo Switch firmware version 17.0.0 released

dsadslap.png

A new Nintendo Switch firmware has arrived. System software version 17.0.0 is now available to download. According to the official patch notes, there's not much of substance to the update, despite its new milestone version number; it's simply the traditional stability updates. It does, however, patch Atmosphere, with the CFW not working on the latest OFW. SciresM is currently working on support for 17.0.0, though a new update may be slightly delayed.

:arrow: Source

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you need it for future games :(
Uh, now I wonder... would it even be possible to "hack/mod" games that require a specific firmware updates to work on a previous one?
Now, I got no clue what exactly's added/changed in a firmware update, aside guess craptendo futilely trying to patch switch exploits and the like. If all it ends up be is like the game just checking if the console is at a specific firmware to boot, wonder if that could be like spoofed somehow, how hard or easy it would be, if possible at all.

man fuck Nintendo...this update basically is "fuck atmosphere for a bit while Mario Wonder is inevitably leaked"
Patience is the virtue of the strong.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uh, now I wonder... would it even be possible to "hack/mod" games that require a specific firmware updates to work on a previous one?
Now, I got no clue what exactly's added/changed in a firmware update, aside guess craptendo futilely trying to patch switch exploits and the like. If all it ends up be is like the game just checking if the console is at a specific firmware to boot, wonder if that could be like spoofed somehow, how hard or easy it would be, if possible at all.

i guess it would be possible, but who would do it?
For real, I ask you, who would do it? You can just update FW and atmosphere and get the same result, for much less effort.
So why would someone do it? Because you would need to mod every game that requires this FW update.
I get the "Dont give Nintendo the satisfaction of downloading their update" thing, but why doing things complicated when you can do it the easy way? Someone will make a patch for all games at once in few hours, so why would you make a patch for every games that need the update?
Come on...

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need it for future games :(
Yeah, I'm just sarcastic at Big N, lol.

Switch firmware brought to you by Pfizer.
Nintendo bought millions of Zoloft and distribute it to all depressed gamers.

1991 poster with very, very HAPPY boy playing SNES games after took Zoloft, and of course, SNES and Zoloft launched at same time in 1991, lol.

Reactions: NakedFaerie

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, I just realised, SciresM is away and doesn't have acces to his PC to update atmosphere, and Nintendo launches a new update. Coincidence??????
Post automatically merged:

If I put my console on the table it do not tilt, si I don't know how it could get more stability!
its for people who would like to do this
1696997345015.png

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I replied to that tweet just now suggesting he sync his development environment and files to a laptop. Hope he doesn't take it the wrong way, because I added a winky face. :unsure:

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

It can be done with NSP Editors or some title installers but if the game does indeed uses modules or services only excitement or with features not invited on old firmware the game could not work
Post automatically merged:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-ther...ired-nag-without-updating.568139/post-9234642

Last edited by impeeza,

ELY_M

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we know what server address for their update files?
We need to know exact server address so we can block the damned updates.

I refuse to buy their switch 2 till it is raped open.

Ravenhide23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just love how Nintendo told me I had to update in order to launch any of my games, then promptly updates my console to 17.0 and preventing me from accessing Atmosphere. I'm assuming that the reason I'm getting a Fusee fatal error unable to locate warmboot is because Atmosphere is currently not supporting 17.0. Its times like this that make me glad I'm running a modchip, as swapping between CFW and OFW is as simple as rebooting.

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I want to say Thank You, to SciresM for his work. I have extremely respect, to stay on the project over years and fighting against windmills.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.