Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
The jury says no, I think, but people have been banned for using SX OS completely offline so it would look the same to Nintendo since they cannot differentiate between backups that are legal or illegal if they stay offline.

How common is that? Could it be they didn't admit they used layeredfs or actually did play online

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ban? Y/N > N

Backups updated? CFW/OFW/N > Y, i updated my backups/XCI files through OFW. I turned on internet inside OFW, and updated only one game, waited 24 hours, and updated the next. It seems suspicious to me if you update 4-5 games at a time. I disabled internet and enabled flight-mode when i was done each time.

Additional Comments

What is so suspicious in about updating 4-5 games at the same time? If i buy 5 games from a store should i wait 24 hours after each game to update? Come on. :)

Reactions: Clutchman

Raikkonen94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do we know whether it's safe to play your own digitally bought games in CFW (SX OS)? I've bought Zelda + DLC digital but switching back and forth between OFW and CFW (using the jig and PC to inject the payload) is quite a hassle for just playing that one game.

Reactions: Deleted User

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is so suspicious in about updating 4-5 games at the same time? If i buy 5 games from a store should i wait 24 hours after each game to update? Come on. :)

Yeah I’ve been batch updating all of my legitimate titles since I got my Switch.
Every now and again I go through them all one by one (I’ve disabled auto-update) and check them. Usually there’s at least a handful with updates.

Reactions: Cava

andre1891

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Iam sure they wont check Headers in Game Updates. I would sell some Switch Games but I can Update Them without Card (There are temporary in home Menu). I wont have Dumps of the games (The Cards are sold)

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How common is that? Could it be they didn't admit they used layeredfs or actually did play online
Check the tab "Statistics for the Lazy"

Do we know whether it's safe to play your own digitally bought games in CFW (SX OS)? I've bought Zelda + DLC digital but switching back and forth between OFW and CFW (using the jig and PC to inject the payload) is quite a hassle for just playing that one game.
Haven't heard anyone report a ban doing this but since people have been banned for using SX OS completely offline combined with the fact that Nintendo cannot differentiate a cartridge backup from the real thing offline, it is theorized they can ban with evidence the user used SX OS alone.

Iam sure they wont check Headers in Game Updates. I would sell some Switch Games but I can Update Them without Card (There are temporary in home Menu). I wont have Dumps of the games (The Cards are sold)
Since updating games does not require a header, I would say normally no but that type of data can still be transmitted so they cover all their bases. While the Switch is designed to transmit more data to Nintendo for banning purposes, an oversight like this one seems counter-intuitive...unless it is designed to give a false sense of security to catch more hackers. But we don't know enough information to say at this point.

Melon_Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That almost certainly is the case. I know a bunch of people who have been playing sx os backups offline and haven't received a ban (including me). They probably didn't know what they were doing or are simply lying to spread fear and paranoia just because they were banned. Follow the instructions and you'll be fine

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That almost certainly is the case. I know a bunch of people who have been playing sx os backups offline and haven't received a ban (including me). They probably didn't know what they were doing or are simply lying to spread fear and paranoia just because they were banned. Follow the instructions and you'll be fine
Let's not say one or more people are lying because then we are at risk for everyone lying. A reminder that many people are not banned for using LayeredFS so if you have not been banned yet despite doing the same actions as someone else who was banned may just mean you were not banned yet.

Melon_Lord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let's not say one or more people are lying because then we are at risk for everyone lying. A reminder that many people are not banned for using LayeredFS so if you have not been banned yet despite doing the same actions as someone else who was banned may just mean you were not banned yet.
What I'm trying to say is I havent been banned because I haven't done anything yet that warrants a ban eg playing non certified backups online. Of course I'm sure alot of people were genuinely banned but there could be a few outliers. Anyways its everyone's best bet to wait for the next sx os update which should support native nsp installation.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'm trying to say is I havent been banned because I haven't done anything yet that warrants a ban eg playing non certified backups online. Of course I'm sure alot of people were genuinely banned but there could be a few outliers. Anyways its everyone's best bet to wait for the next sx os update which should support native nsp installation.
The dataset in of itself is small to begin with. There are nearly 20 million Switch owners and this doesn't even compose of a fraction of a percent. Even within the whole hacking community, less than 50% of everyone was banned. Add onto it that there was only one "banwave" and we cannot say there are any outliers when the data sample is too small to make any conclusions yet.

Raikkonen94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haven't heard anyone report a ban doing this but since people have been banned for using SX OS completely offline combined with the fact that Nintendo cannot differentiate a cartridge backup from the real thing offline, it is theorized they can ban with evidence the user used SX OS alone.

Thanks for the answer. Will be cautious till I get banned then, which is inevitable I think as, like you say, others seem to have been banned by staying completely offline, just like I did. If (or rather when) I eventually get a ban, I can at least update my games and play my own digital games in CFW without worrying, haha.

Hib0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Well better be safe than sorry, right? :)
It's a bit suspicious to me, when you are updating 4-5 games at a time, you can do what ever you want.. I'm just saying, that's what i do to stay a bit more safe.

VuuI

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a raw nand backup from before I used SX - OS. would restoring my nand get rid of all the games I launched with Sx OS?

I'm still on 4.1

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a raw nand backup from before I used SX - OS. would restoring my nand get rid of all the games I launched with Sx OS?

I'm still on 4.1
It will clear all save, update, and DLC data that you may have accumulated when you do because those did not exist when you made the backup. It would also clear any games you installed via DevMenu but you cannot install games on 4.1 for the time being.

megamanxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello guys!

I know that the subject of banning is not clear and it is still certainly mysterious, however I would like to know your opinion/knowledge about something...

I have already read that in order to play online "safely" (to minimize the risk of get a ban) from SX OS with .xci backups obtained in google -and if you are from the EU or GB- it is recommended to inject a cert of a cartridge of equal or greater size, that has not online playing, and finally be the same type (ie card1/card2).

But my question is, with respect to playing these backup obtained in Google but in OFFLINE mode and in order to minimize the risk of ban, It is safer to play them as they are (ie without a header/cert) or by the otherwise is it also recommended to inject a cert of characteristics mentioned above?

Thanks for your contributions and greetings.

Last edited by megamanxx,

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, got banned today. This time yesterday eshop and going online worked, now it's not allowed.

SX Pro

5.1 FW

Updated stuff in cfw mode.

Installed DevMenu

Installed NSP's.

In fact, installed 4 nsp a week ago, then last night installed about 6 more, and also downloaded the free game Kitty Squad off of eshop. Today though I guess Nintendo said, "Enough!"

Don't know if it's the start of a ban wave, or if they are kicking down on people who install nsp files.

Did not use the CDN to get eshop games, downloaded all my nsp off various sites.

Last edited by nyder, , Reason: clarify info.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, got banned today. This time yesterday eshop and going online worked, now it's not allowed.

SX Pro

5.1 FW

Updated stuff in cfw mode.

Installed DevMenu

Installed NSP's.

In fact, installed 4 nsp a week ago, then last night installed about 6 more, and also downloaded the free game Kitty Squad off of eshop. Today though I guess Nintendo said, "Enough!"

Don't know if it's the start of a ban wave, or if they are kicking down on people who install nsp files.

Did not use the CDN to get eshop games, downloaded all my nsp off various sites.

NSPs will absolutely get you banned, don't even need to directly download them yourself. They can 100% identify you don't have reason to be in possession of the title the moment you connect to online and your system starts talking to their servers.

Reactions: Kioku

andre1891

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NSPs will absolutely get you banned, don't even need to directly download them yourself. They can 100% identify you don't have reason to be in possession of the title the moment you connect to online and your system starts talking to their servers.
When you always Offline and do an NAND Restore before doing anything Online with NSP you should be finde?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1