Nintendo Still Has Secret 3DS Games to Reveal

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is news? They ALWAYS have secret games, I swear they fucking hoard them away and when sales dip slightly they are "fuck yeah here's Startropics 3!"...I wish.

Reactions: 2 people

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As we also have some unannounced titles to be released for this fiscal term, we are surely able to provide a fairly rich lineup of first-party software for this fiscal year.?

Well, actually, knowing Nintendo it's obviously "We meant the next fiscal year, obviously."
But it's good to know Nintendo is still working on new franchises instead of relying on the past ones. (although I wouldn't want past franchises to die, but at least they're making more)

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
oh boi! i hope it's mario teaches typing 3D

on a serious note, i'm seriously hoping it's Metroid ( either 2d or fps) or F-Zero or Donkey Kong.
Nintendo has gone far, faaar too long without releasing an F-Zero game, and i can't find a reason as to why they wont release another one what with how awesome GX was

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid: Another M.

*I leave before people throw bottles at me*

No, no. It's okay, I liked that game too. >.>

Lol, I like how everybody totally disregards Nintendo's desire for new franchises, and all we care for is bringing back ones that don't have alot of love, like Donkey Kong, F-Zero, or Starfox. But that's okay, because who wouldn't love to see more of those games?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Lol, I like how everybody totally disregards Nintendo's desire for new franchises, and all we care for is bringing back ones that don't have alot of love, like Donkey Kong, F-Zero, or Starfox. But that's okay, because who wouldn't love to see more of those games?
I get the feeling of staleness from'em to be honest. As much as I like returns of iconic characters, I just... don't particularily fancy any Nintendo ones other than Samus and perhaps Pokemon, but I'm not so crazy about them lately since I find the games grossly underdeveloped.

I'd like to see more Metroid - I liked the revised world that was offered in Other M. It showed a more human side of Samus and even though she was overly emo at some points, at least the game attempted to be serious about itself. I want to see more of that, not another jolly adventure of the plumber.

I also enjoy Golden Sun, I'd love to see that make a come-back and soon. The DS version was like the Duke Nukem Forever of Nintendo and it showed - they really took their time with it and they tried to jam too much info into it. They should just make a fresh one, if someone's interested in the earlier titles, there's Virtual Console for that, there's no need to put a whole encyclopedia in it that... really slows down the pace.

D

Deleted-236924

Zelda is too soon, unless dev started waaaay back.
The devs always start waaaay back.

Remember, Pokémon Black/White were already in development when HG/SS weren't even released.
I would think it wouldn't be too Farfetch'd (pun intended) to think that another Zelda game would already have been in production before OoT 3D was released.

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I get the feeling of staleness from'em to be honest. As much as I like returns of iconic characters, I just... don't particularily fancy any Nintendo ones other than Samus and perhaps Pokemon, but I'm not so crazy about them lately since I find the games grossly underdeveloped.

I'd like to see more Metroid - I liked the revised world that was offered in Other M. It showed a more human side of Samus and even though she was overly emo at some points, at least the game attempted to be serious about itself. I want to see more of that, not another jolly adventure of the plumber.

I also enjoy Golden Sun, I'd love to see that make a come-back and soon. The DS version was like the Duke Nukem Forever of Nintendo and it showed - they really took their time with it and they tried to jam too much info into it. They should just make a fresh one, if someone's interested in the earlier titles, there's Virtual Console for that, there's no need to put a whole encyclopedia in it that... really slows down the pace.

I agree for the most part. The staleness is a "your milage may vary" kind of thing. Everybody loves to see the return of iconic characters (especially with games like Smash Bros. in mind), and I think after skipping a system with some of these franchises, it might be really interesting to see what F-Zero is like in 3D, or a GX-type game on a handheld. Nintendo is basically still in the stages of being able to flaunt their system's abilities, but could still potentially make a really non-solid or fun game. From what I've heard and seen, games like Mario 3D Land were kind of short and easy, despite having features like the 3DS. Good concept for a game, having played it, I also enjoyed the type of gameplay it had. It was like classic Mario games with 3D enviroments, but even I noticed myself flying through World 1 like it was a newbie game, so it took away the feel of accomplishment I normally felt on any regular platformer.

Other M was truly fun and great, I thought. I felt like it brought back the feel of previous games like Super Metroid and Fusion. I liked how it felt fast-paced and still powerful with the weapons given. It really showed off the enhanced abilities Samus had (almost ninja-like, no pun intended) while in cutscenes she was able to express how fighting things like Ridley for the billionth time effected her, which was cool in my book. It was a step away from the Prime series, away from (mostly) being an FPS. The first two of that series were great and nice, but 3 didn't get it right. The controls were all blech. Felt slower than the others, in that you had to carefully aim the Wii remote, even if you were locked on.

Also, am I the only one who finds it ironic that even though Samus was in first person shooters, she didn't obtain emotions until after that series was over? ;)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Other M was truly fun and great, I thought. I felt like it brought back the feel of previous games like Super Metroid and Fusion. I liked how it felt fast-paced and still powerful with the weapons given. It really showed off the enhanced abilities Samus had (almost ninja-like, no pun intended) while in cutscenes she was able to express how fighting things like Ridley for the billionth time effected her, which was cool in my book.
I praised the Prime series for being different than the usual Metroid games and I praise Other M for being different aswell.

Rarely do platformers work in 3D, and Metroid *really does*, I think the combination of FPS/TPP Platforming/TPS and 2D Platforming should become the next big staple of the series.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

Metroid 3D Collection (with Prime 1/2/3).

Pikmin 3D Collection (with Pikmin 1/2).

Zelda 3D Collection (Wind Waker/Twilight Princess)

I would buy those in a heartbeat. I shouldn't be this eager for ports.

But for original games, I would really want an F-Zero game (think F-Zero GX) and a new Zelda game (top-down style would be nice but since that will never happen, I'd like 3D cell-shaded like Wind Waker).

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello