Hardware Nintendo says the WiiU Pad isn't comfortable for NES Mario Bros.

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Lame. They should have included the feature for playing VC on the Pad anyway. The GC controller sucks for most non-N64 VC games games, yet they still allowed Wii players to use it with them.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> Add a tablet controller to the console to allow taking your games anywhere you want within range.
> Making only selected titles compatible.

Nintendo should make up their minds - they push the controller as the flagship feature, they should do all in their power to make *all* the WiiU-Compatible software run on it. Running Virtual Console (Legacy ones, at least) in Wii Mode is pathetic and lazy - they have new, powerful hardware at their fingertips and they're not using it.

Because the Virtual Console binaries are Wii binaries. If there were versions written specifically for the WiiU, like there are for the 3DS, it would not be an issue. The entirety of Virtual Console is based on emulators and embedded ROM's - do some research.

You mean, that isnt's how Nintendo works - they have a pre-existing Virtual Console that works, so why improve it? which is typical lazy mentality.

Wait, so your saying they should remake all the Wii VC for the Wii U? Dont you think thats going to piss off the people who bought a shitload of VC on the Wii just to finfdthey need to rebuy it all?

Honestly, Its not that big a deal, in fact. Werent you one of the people saying the gamepad is shit for playing on anyway?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wait, so your saying they should remake all the Wii VC for the Wii U? Dont you think thats going to piss off the people who bought a shitload of VC on the Wii just to finfdthey need to rebuy it all?

Honestly, Its not that big a deal, in fact. Werent you one of the people saying the gamepad is shit for playing on anyway?
No, that is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that all VC titles should be given overlays for all contemporary Nintendo systems. If you already have a VC game on the Wii, you should be entirely capable of transfering it to the new system without losing the benefits of the new system - it's a matter of changing the emulator overlay, it's not rocket science, it's incentive to upgrade and it's easy to implement.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that all VC titles should be given overlays for all contemporary Nintendo systems. If you already have a VC game on the Wii, you should be entirely capable of transfering it to the new system without losing the benefits of the new system - it's a matter of changing the emulator overlay, it's not rocket science, it's incentive to upgrade and it's easy to implement.

Ahh ok, I was wondering what you ment.

Overwhelming

Trophies
XP
Country
There will probably be a way to play VC games on the gamepad that requires you buying the games again. Nintendo is just figuring out (or holding that information) how to do so.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
There will probably be a way to play VC games on the gamepad that requires you buying the games again. Nintendo is just figuring out (or holding that information) how to do so.
Why even offer a transfer function in the first place if it's their secret and malevolent plan to make you buy everything twice

BornInBlack

GangnamTemp
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soggypizza.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Once transferred, Wii VC is only accessible in "Wii Mode" on Wii U. Wii Mode is only usable with Wii controllers on the TV.
My heart sank upon reading the news too

Just to reiterate: All Wii Games/VC run in Wii Mode where your Wii U 'becomes' a Wii- unfortunately we'll have to put our GamePads elsewhere

I have to agree that it makes little sense. Wii U will most certainly get it's own VC and i hardly believe Ninty will refrain from re-using Wii-established VC.
Guess we'll have to wait and C

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It probably closes a possible exploit when leaving access to Wii U mode.
Nope, it's just being lazy.

Everything this does is lowering the workload on Nintendo's part - you're going to have to re-download the titles anyways, so they might as well embed them in an emulator that would be native to the system... but that would imply doing some actual work, which Nintendo isn't keen to do as they would have no profit from it - the games in question were already bought, so why go the extra mile?

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been confirmed in the recent Nintendo Direct.

He also confirmed that Wii games, Wii Ware, and Virtual Console content will not be compatible with the gamepad's screen. He went on to say that a Wii U Virtual Console that will use the controller's screen is planned for some time in the future, but gave no further details.

So it's definitely running the Wii VC games. That's lame. Guess that means 480p tops as well?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email