Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know we don't have to make only great things to publish, nor have to make things public, I'm more frustrating because I want to make it perfect (too perfectionist) and I'm used to old 3D CGI programs and don't find identical tools :P
too bad I won't find you then, but no worries ^^

my current idea is to make a "drag-able select-able zone", like when selecting pikmins or warcraft or any RTS group.
and my problem is I still don't know all the available tools, I'm sure there are easier way to achieve something but I try it the hard way.

Last edited by Cyan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
mine is Cyan--10
https://indreams.me/Cyan--10

I don't have lot of interesting things published.

• I tried to create a minimap to locate NPC and players. Hopefully it'll keep the player at the center, and display NPC around it. I had place keyframes blindly outside of the screen to achieve it... not perfect. I hope to use it for a future hack&slash game.

• I tried a top-down hack&slash camera positioning, but my character often walks backward, even with a big slope value it can walk on. I published it anyway just for users to look how I did the HP bar. (really bad too, but that's for the idea).
I'm not sure "camera pointer" can be used here, so I have to fix a camera with all other elements on the same dummy object. result is really bad and hard to position element on the GUI manually without having access to the exposed screen coordinate for all objects. (there's a Get, but not a Set. and no exposed coordinate for text gadget to move them scriptly... maybe I should ask that in the forum but I'm not a big active known creator, my request might not be very useful as I don't know all other tools yet, it might be already possible using other method.) I know there is a way to get "screen coordinate" from where the imp is pointing, but I'd like to "set" the imp or other objects at said coordinate! I'm not sure how to, for example, place a text gadget at x/y screen position (with values and not keyframe!).
I really think exposing more coordinate would be useful, either "screen" or "world" or "local".

• I tried a planet gravity mode shooter, I have lot of issues with gravity and heights management. well, it's published too.

• The only thing I'm pseudo satisfied is the in-progress Stargate. but I'll have to rework a little the proportions to make all the symbols fit. strangely, even if the object is 7m diameter, the quality is really poor, even when increasing the resolution of the objetcs. when I try to edit/add/crop (like the very small bumped elements behind the chevron) they are not properly integrated to the structure and becomes invisible and not properly "attached". they feel like they float above it.
Also, 7m doesn't seem that big compared to existing published games, but strangely the gate becomes transparent, or any "scene" I place around it, like a room, a cave, etc.

Edit:
For users who don't have dreams, but want to try some of the user created levels, Mm will release few "free demo" on PSN !
You'll be able to play some demo levels (list updated regularly). you can't create, but you'll be able to play some of the user's creations selected by the developers for free :)

These should be available at the same time Dreams 2.10 is released.

source : https://trello.com/c/ljhnsk9v/69-210-dreams-demo-for-playstation-store

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: isoboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: