Nintendo last developer to deliver (almost) bug free games?

MaartenMx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

Like 6 months ago I turned my back to console and handheld gaming (including nintendo stuff) and built a gaming PC.

I play several games but gosh! They are ALL full of bugs! With ALL i really mean ALL the games I own!!

I played:

-Battlefield 4 (<- worst of em all)
-Call of Duty ghosts
-Saints Row - 3/4
-More games I can't remember at this moment....

With Nintendo stuff I've never had this issue, on the Internet it is full of rants about this subject. Publishers push the devs to release an unfinished game and later on they will (try to) patch it up.

This really really angers me!

Do you guys think Nintendo is the last developer to deliver (almost) bug free games?

Reactions: XDel

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Implying
>Implying
>Implying
>Me me arrows

Games have become increasingly complex over the years, and the more working parts you have, the higher the chances are that something will go wrong. Add tight budgets, strict schedules, and apathy (*cough*Bethesda*cough*), and the problem is compounded. Nintendo is no exception.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
>Implying
>Implying
>Implying
>Me me arrows

Games have become increasingly complex over the years, and the more working parts you have, the higher the chances are that something will go wrong. Add tight budgets, strict schedules, and apathy (*cough*Bethesda*cough*), and the problem is compounded. Nintendo is no exception.

Lol 3 WHOLE BUGS?! WHAHAHAHAHA Gahars I expected more! 3 WHOLE bugs! Don't you know how many games Nintendo make? A LOT. If you compare this to other developers, the OP is right. Gahars you made my day.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo games have had glitches and bugs as long as Nintendo has been making games. But I still get the point trying to be made, since the internet became an integral part of consoles pubs have a rush it out the door even if it's broken and fix it later mentality that leads to so many more bugs and needing so many huge patches, and Nintendo isn't nearly so bad in that regard. Which is a good thing, since there's hardly any room for patches on their system.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hardly, Nintendo games have glitches here and there.

Keep in mind though ever since Internet become mainstream developers spent less time debugging, knowing that it can be patched later on.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, any game will have its share of bugs and glitches
It just so happens that Nintendo's simplistic games have less of them.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol 3 WHOLE BUGS?! WHAHAHAHAHA Gahars I expected more! 3 WHOLE bugs! Don't you know how many games Nintendo make? A LOT. If you compare this to other developers, the OP is right. Gahars you made my day.
Did you expect him to list off every single bug Nintendo has ever put out? The typical example is usually 3 examples but if you want more I'm sure a quick google will show you the multitude of bugs nintendo leaves in their games.
It's probably hard to find bugs when they put out no games anyway.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me people have not forgotten about the game breaking bug in Skyward Sword? Which yes they did release a downloadable patch that fixed it but still they have not done anything to fix many other game breaking glitches some that are easily to achieve like Other M game breaking glitch.(Still not fixed, how was I suppose to know I should not have gone through that one door when I should of gone through the other door that the game wanted me to go through but didn't do a good enough job letting know if I didn't go through it I would be punish by breaking my game.)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
>Implying bugs haven't been a common occurrence in literally every video game generation regardless of company ever.

Nintendo isn't special, their games have been loaded with bugs and glitches as well. As Gahars said, video games are becoming more and more complex and it's becoming more and more difficult to handle each and every little bug. Games these days are so huge that it would be near impossible for a dev to find every single bug, to call a game "unfinished" because they didn't spend 200 hours scrubbing an entire game for each and every little bug is just plain moronic.

Reactions: Foxi4 and Gahars

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not like Nintendo delivered games totally devoid of game-breaking bugs, for example:
* Mother 3: saving and reloading through a save frog in a specific room very late in the game can cause you to get stuck in a chair, you'll have to restart the game
* Twilight Princess: stuck on the wrong side of the broken bridge, a flag not working causing Link to be trapped forever in the cannon room
* Skyward Sword: all boss battles have game-breaking bugs; some pits and water bodies can cause an endless falling glitch, and of course the famous glitch with the dragon
* Wind Waker: using your sword on some innocuous chests/NPCs is a BAD IDEA.
* Fatal Frame IV: to the point NoA refused to publish it here.
* Oracle Zelda, Zelda III (JP version only): lots of places where level design can fail in a spectacular way, and since the dungeon progression is broken... time to restart a new file
* Paper Mario: you can win some "unwinnable" battles. BAD IDEA.
* Super Mario Deluxe GBC: no wind on the Mario 2 levels. If you run out of momentum after the screen scrolling, you're out of luck.

That said, Nintendo games are far more polished than most other games. Their QA job is among the best. You'd be hard pressed (less so in Skyward Sword, and even then :P) to find game-breaking bugs, or even ordinary glitches, on the same scale than most other publishers.
Something that was missing since somewhere in the PS2 era.
This is the company from where this saying comes after all: "a game that takes long to develop can be good eventually, but a rushed game bugged on release is bad forever" or something like that.

Why all the Nintendo hate?
They do put elaborate games like everyone else (unless God of War is deemed "more complex" than the average Zelda game, in which case I won't bother), but they do a better QA job.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you expect him to list off every single bug Nintendo has ever put out? The typical example is usually 3 examples but if you want more I'm sure a quick google will show you the multitude of bugs nintendo leaves in their games.
It's probably hard to find bugs when they put out no games anyway.

I think he should have come up with more, or at least make his post more 'Gahars' this is WAY bellow his levels :lol:

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Naww, Ninty's games have bugs, too, as stated above. In fact, until the 3DS and Wii U came out, Nintendo's game-breaking bugs weren't able to be patched out like they could on other consoles/PC, so it was, in a sense, more egregious! In many cases, the only way to fix them was to send your save file to Nintendo or something and have em' fix it for you. Not good, I say! :P

Reactions: Gahars

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
First of all, the list is notable because all of those are "game breaking", as in they render the game unwinnable. Not simple bugs, bugs requiring you to start a new save in order to beat the game.

But if you want more bugs in general...
http://zeldawiki.org/Glitches_in_Twilight_Princess
http://zeldawiki.org/Glitches_in_The_Wind_Waker
http://zeldawiki.org/Glitches_in_Skyward_Sword

And getting away from Zelda and onto Mario...

If you'd like I can just keep making more and more posts for you linking these bugs you seem to believe are so tiny in number to be inconsequential?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Playing generic shooters.
Well, there you got answer.

COD is nothing but a cashcow.
Battlefield is far to buggy due it it's rather quick release.
SR 3 and 4 where also released rather quickly.

Games will always have bug in them.
It's impossible to get a bug free game.
It's just you, picking the generic shooters, which unfortunately are the most buggy of them all.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
*lot of stuff*

This is why talking in real life is more fun. I KNOW Nintendo games have loads of bugs, lol look at Zelda OOT (3D) they even kept certain bugs because of the nostalgic! Are you trying to prove Nintendo isn't flawless or something like that? ;O;

New sig line. Thanks.

=w=

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
This is now a "list your most hated game bug" thread

There are, of course, those nice little bugs you can take advantage of as shortcuts to help you skip levels and stuff (like winning Mario 64 with 16 stars) and I LOVE those bugs that are exploitable ( :wub: homebrew :wub: )

My personal most hated bug is not exactly in a Nintendo game but it's a Wii exclusive so I guess that counts.
In Conduit 2 on the first level if you die between the second switch and the next waypoint, you'll respawn with that second switch un-switched AND un-switch-able ... which later on makes a gate not open when you get around to head to the last switch and you're STUCK. It makes it worse that the 2nd switch room pretty much fills with enemies when you hit it so I had to play the level like four times before I could not die there and end up getting past that gate. :angry:
[/rant]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...