Nintendo last developer to deliver (almost) bug free games?

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
some were taking the first post as "Nintendo is perfect with no bugs!" .

With Nintendo stuff I've never had this issue
Do you guys think Nintendo is the last developer to deliver (almost) bug free games?

I dunno about you, but I read that and the title of the thread as: Nintendo is perfect with no bugs!

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Nintendo game glitches I experienced:

- Super Mario 64 is glitchy as hell, you can win the game with 0 stars. You can basically cross almost every wall in the game through glitches. (I did learn how to cross the last locked door by jumping in the stairs)
- Super Mario World has a glitch where if you drop a shell in an inclined plane, sometimes it will enter the ground.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, there was a cavern before the volcano that if you run against a pillar, half the times you will unexplicably fall bellow the ground. (But you only lose a heart and come back where you were before)
- Mario Kart 7 has the so famous Maka Wuhu glitch, where if you fall in a certain part of the river in a certain angle you will teleport to the end of the second lap of the track.

That said, I don't particularly have problems with glitches in Nintendo games (except the Mario Kart 7 one). Most of them don't really affect gameplay and the few bugs that are game-breaking are difficult to be experienced (you need to do things in a very specific way for them to happen)

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
I dunno about you, but I read that and the title of the thread as: Nintendo is perfect with no bugs!

Like I done said before, to most it probably seems that way even though it isn't true. Nintendo's games usually have such minor bugs that they seem to not even be there and publicly you don't hear much of a Nintendo game having a game "full of bugs and glitches" which only adds to the false statement that Nintendo is bug free.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A couple interesting Nintendo game-breaking bugs, just to have a giggle:

Twilight Princess (Wii) - Saving and quitting in the Big Cannon Room before talking to Shad would make the NPC disappear and trap you in the room. How did Nintendo fix that? They sent discs with built-in patches to affected players. This only goes to show that either the Wii didn't have a method of patching binaries in the beginning or it didn't have one at all.

Super Mario Bros. (NES) - Walking through a wall and entering a warp pipe in World 1-2 transports you to World -1 - this is an endlessly looping underwater world. There is no escape, you're trapped.

"Moriya: One conflict arose when, as programmers, we wanted to get rid of bugs. But the staff members who had played the old game said the bugs were fun! We were like, "What?!" (laughs)
Iwata: So you implemented them as you would specs, rather than treating them like bugs. It took some work and you had to go out of your way, but you preserved the spirit of the original.
Moriya: Yes. If something simply could not be allowed to stand, we begrudgingly fixed it, so some bugs don't appear, but we left in as many as we could, so people will grin over that."
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS) - Now, this one has my head scratching. If Iwata Asks is anything to go by, this game has bugs implemented into it on purpose to preserve the original feel of the N64 game... you mean, the feel of a broken game? Well done, Nintendo! I admire the sentiment, but... a bug is a bug, still. I suppose it is nostalgic, but... It's not supposed to be there! It never was! :rofl2:

Reactions: slingblade1170

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tend to think that Bethesda developers are fantastic artists and storytellers - they build beautiful worlds with great stories, they give their characters distinguishable, endearing, unique and diverse features, they litter the games with easter eggs of all-sorts and create this immersive environment you just "want" to be in... and then they spoil it with bugs because, by God, they're terrible programmers. :rofl2:

great stories

Hold on, sport, let's not get carried away here. ;)

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments +1