Nintendo has just released a new firmware update for the Nintendo 3DS

fdhsuiifhsdukfhuisdhfuisd.png

It's time to update! No, not your Nintendo Switch--go dust off your Nintendo 3DS, because Nintendo has just pushed out a brand new firmware release for the old handheld. Version 11.17.0-50U is available now to download, offering the general promises of stability that we've come to enjoy so much. The update is so late in the Nintendo 3DS's lifespan, that the firmware updates have outlasted the system's own eShop. The ylws8bot Twitter account notes that under the hood and guise of stability, some minor changes to the eShop app, System Settings, and Internet Browser were detected. Be wary of updating to the new firmware.

:arrow: Source

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This reminds me, I've not used my 3DS XL for months (all I use it for is to play MK7 Online).

If they could ban hackers from MK7 Online that'd be good, but these updates are pointless.

Reactions: Pin1988 and impeeza

ExperiencersInternational

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamersinternational.wixsite.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For fuck sake, Nintendo, just finish making games instead pushing out updates to a dead system!
I'd rather see Nintendo actually restore online access to Splatoon 1 ngl than seeing a new game, or a new firmware update for the 3DS which it didn't need.

We're all expecting not much to happen this year apart from TotK and Pikmin 3 with the Switch anyways.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BannerBomb3 got patched, at least according to the Homebrew discord. View attachment 373264
Seems like the case, the same goes for most of the other previously available methods, apart from ntrboot which is the only one that's left at this point (they couldn't patch it). According to 3ds.guide page:
Screenshot_20230523_Chrome.jpg

-----------
Does the update do anything to break an already modded 3DS?
Not likely, but it's better to wait a little until it's confirmed to be safe (it's still too soon).
----
So, is it safe for us with boot9strap to update?
Same as above.
Post automatically merged:

If it wasn't for the damn online play requiring the latest fw, i wouldn't care if they keep releasing these "stability updates" 'till judgment day..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway