Nintendo has just released a new firmware update for the Nintendo 3DS

fdhsuiifhsdukfhuisdhfuisd.png

It's time to update! No, not your Nintendo Switch--go dust off your Nintendo 3DS, because Nintendo has just pushed out a brand new firmware release for the old handheld. Version 11.17.0-50U is available now to download, offering the general promises of stability that we've come to enjoy so much. The update is so late in the Nintendo 3DS's lifespan, that the firmware updates have outlasted the system's own eShop. The ylws8bot Twitter account notes that under the hood and guise of stability, some minor changes to the eShop app, System Settings, and Internet Browser were detected. Be wary of updating to the new firmware.

:arrow: Source

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh hell. Now I need to remember how I managed to keep Gateway 3DS funcionality alive on current firmware while simultaneously using Luma.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People realize they don't really have to update right?
Updating is required to use the eShop (yes it is still needed to download game updates and past purchases). Sometimes updates are required for online play though this one isn't. The console will also keep asking the user to update until they do it (there is no method to block updates without also disabling other features).

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro this is just embarrassing. Nintendo is like the person who says they're done with an argument but can't stop themselves trying to get the final word.

It's done. The system will always be compromised. You closed the shop. Just walk the fuck away.
Sony does the same for PS3, but you could argue it's technically alive because with each new FW it gets BD keys and content is still downloadable from the PS Store.

If people just spend 5-10mins hacking their PS3 they can watch Blu-rays from anywhere in the world and not have to worry about the keys expiring. Just stupid.

There was a time I wanted to watch a Blu-ray I own and what happened? I couldn't because my PS3 was on an outdated FW. 😑 Now with CFW that's not a problem (but I gave up buying BDs thanks to that bullshit).

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating is required to use the eShop (yes it is still needed to download game updates and past purchases). Sometimes updates are required for online play though this one isn't. The console will also keep asking the user to update until they do it (there is no method to block updates without also disabling other features).
Yet their always seems to be a new crack a week later.

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo ffs, i bought a New 3DS XL this year after 4 years to support your pathetic ass. Then only to find out Pokémon Shuffle & the é-shop got canned and now you push a update to a 12 year old system winch haven't recieved a single fucking AAA game since 2019... just to (i assume) patch a exploit?! 😉

Waddleclaws

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's time to update! No, not your Nintendo Switch--go dust off your Nintendo 3DS, because Nintendo has just pushed out a brand new firmware release for the old handheld. Version 11.17.0-50U is available now to download, offering the general promises of stability that we've come to enjoy so much. The update is so late in the Nintendo 3DS's lifespan, that the firmware updates have outlasted the system's own eShop. The ylws8bot Twitter account notes that under the hood and guise of stability, some minor changes to the eShop app, System Settings, and Internet Browser were detected. Be wary of updating to the new firmware.

:arrow: Source
What the hell is nintendo doing?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo more or less forced things to emulation if anyone wanted to stream 3ds content at all, since Nintendo of Japan successfully lobbied to make console modding illegal in the country. And now trying to make their america and euro branches follow along for that matter.

Nevermind that Nintendo wouldn't even supply the rom files necessary to make the nes and SNES classic consoles function, which forced the production line to literally download the community roms of all but maybe one (star fox 2) game to then sell back to us in a commercial product.

To that end, Nintendo is very much like either a superman or batman in the comics. They literally create the conditions that create their worst antagonists and villains and don't see the irony in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0