Nintendo files trademarks for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

7RZyGwe.jpg

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon could potentially just be the big surprise of Nintendo's upcoming direct, as trademark filings from Europe reveal. Both listings just popped up in the OHIM database today and were filed by Nintendo.
:arrow: Source

Last edited by Chary,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon Soleil and Pokemon Lune ain't English,
but it sounds soo much better than the English names -.-
this si afunny thing ...
Japanese have the name "in english" (Idk about Korean and Chinese)
Tenglsh obviously have it en engish
Rest of the world: translate the name to their language ...
why? the idea is't using english?:v
also yes, Soleil and Lune sound nice xD

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
this si afunny thing ...
Japanese have the name "in english" (Idk about Korean and Chinese)
Tenglsh obviously have it en engish
Rest of the world: translate the name to their language ...
why? the idea is't using english?:v
also yes, Soleil and Lune sound nice xD

Yeah,
it is indeed a funny thing!

Only Japan and Korea uses the English name,
while the rest just decides to up and translate it.

Japan uses Katakana, so it keeps the phonetics, and the katakana symbolizes that it's an imported word (foreign language),
And plus maybe all the very simply names was originally used to teach Japanese kid English
[When you think about it, Red Blue Green and Yellow, Primary colors of Light (RGB) and Painting (RBY), are words that kids should learn.
Gold and Silver are nice words they should learn as well, though Crystal is kind of funky and out of nowhere.]

I'm not sure about the Hangul structure, but from what I can see, they kept the pronunciation of the English name as well.
If anything, the languages using translated names are probably just following the trend set by ancient times,
Since during rationalization of Pokemon Red and Blue, the names were translated,
whereas Korea only allowed imported content (including Pokemon) somewhat recently,
so coupled with the language structure, they decided to maintain the name as the original.

Reactions: Lycan911 and Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Japan uses Katakana, so it keeps the phonetics, and the katakana symbolizes that it's an imported word (foreign language),
And plus maybe all the very simply names was originally used to teach Japanese kid English
[When you think about it, Red Blue Green and Yellow, Primary colors of Light (RGB) and Painting (RBY), are words that kids should learn.
Gold and Silver are nice words they should learn as well, though Crystal is kind of funky and out of nowhere.]
well but in japan they where actually "Pocket monsters midori, aka, ao and Pikachu, not the colors in "japanglish" life fire red and leaf green
Also did Gold and silver are Kin and Gin (In kanji ) , then Crystal was "kuristaru" and the first and only japanese pokemon main serie with "version" on the name, also with a special colored cart xD
only in gba they started using "english" title on the japanese games

I think GS and DP have some link .. I mean on DP they say about the Jotho's red gyarados, you can find a leader from Jotho there as npc,
Gold silver > crystal
Diamon, pearl > Platinum
gold silver and platinum are metals, Diamond, pearl and crystal are jewels ...

anyway... just crazy stuff I think of XD

I'm not sure about the Hangul structure, but from what I can see, they kept the pronunciation of the English name as well.
If anything, the languages using translated names are probably just following the trend set by ancient times,
Since during rationalization of Pokemon Red and Blue, the names were translated,
whereas Korea only allowed imported content (including Pokemon) somewhat recently,
so coupled with the language structure, they decided to maintain the name as the original.
ah IDK .. I know the first games had english version as base , but still looks like they don't look to the Japanese version to make their hahha

On my pokemon platinum translation we had a discussion in team if we should keep platinum or translate that
Still undecided XD

Reactions: Queno138

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
well but in japan they where actually "Pocket monsters midori, aka, ao and Pikachu, not the colors in "japanglish" life fire red and leaf green
Also did Gold and silver are Kin and Gin (In kanji ) , then Crystal was "kuristaru" and the first and only japanese pokemon main serie with "version" on the name, also with a special colored cart xD
only in gba they started using "english" title on the japanese games

I think GS and DP have some link .. I mean on DP they say about the Jotho's red gyarados, you can find a leader from Jotho there as npc,
Gold silver > crystal
Diamon, pearl > Platinum
gold silver and platinum are metals, Diamond, pearl and crystal are jewels ...

anyway... just crazy stuff I think of XD

ah IDK .. I know the first games had english version as base , but still looks like they don't look to the Japanese version to make their hahha

On my pokemon platinum translation we had a discussion in team if we should keep platinum or translate that
Still undecided XD

ooh yeah you're right, I forgot that the basic names previously was in japanese (hiragana/kanji).

Well, they did retcon the Red Gyarados video in Platinum though ><

Reactions: Sliter

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder if this one will use the same game engine as XY and ORAS or if they will use a different one, like BW/B2W2 did on nds, different game engine from Diamon, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, Soulsilver.

RubyCarbuncle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
304117-Sans%20titre.jpg

What I was talking about.

It's just concept art, I wouldn't look to much into it. It's possible they just used a Red look a like to either not reveal to much, or because this was drawn during the early stages of development (ie no protagonist designs yet). Plus, he looks identical to Red, sure, but his design is obviously different. That's like calling Hilbert Red if you looked at him from the back do to his brown hair and baseball cap.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This... is actually a nice theory.

nice, this time someone looked to the japanes elogo to think about something , instead that was on XY..
" OH XY IS BECAUSE 3D COORDINATES! HU3HU3HU3"
And there was the mega "DNA" on japanes elogos telling " hey guys it's about genetic..." but the mega had to be shown so people could understand it (and some still do not lol)

Lycan911

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nice, this time someone looked to the japanes elogo to think about something , instead that was on XY..
" OH XY IS BECAUSE 3D COORDINATES! HU3HU3HU3"
And there was the mega "DNA" on japanes elogos telling " hey guys it's about genetic..." but the mega had to be shown so people could understand it (and some still do not lol)
By the way, some people also pointed out that those gems could be artificial "Burst Hearts" from the "Pokemon ReBURST" manga.

K4OJ9Cj.png

In that manga, trainers use those "Burst Hearts" to fuse with their Pokemon.
*hint hint* Ash-Greninja *hint hint*
It might be a bit Farfetch'd (pun intended) to bring back a mechanic from such an obscure piece of the Pokemon franchise, but who knows, it might be possible.

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
By the way, some people also pointed out that those gems could be artificial "Burst Hearts" from the "Pokemon ReBURST" manga.

K4OJ9Cj.png

In that manga, trainers use those "Burst Hearts" to fuse with their Pokemon.
*hint hint* Ash-Greninja *hint hint*
It might be a bit Farfetch'd (pun intended) to bring back a mechanic from such an obscure piece of the Pokemon franchise, but who knows, it might be possible.
this is more interesting but all I can say is let's wait and see xD I don't see why get so hyped to see if we find something that was true , or false xD I mean seeing by curiosity, but doing all reserach at games SCRATCH , you know, the characets shown on that bulild can look like red but it's here just to show how a character will lok near the build :B

btw the "oriental" logos remind me about this XD

This is also about the moon ans monsters (?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU