Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Glacius0 said:
Also, are you sure about the meaning of [??????]? The rest checks out (for who's wondering; I'm fluent at Japanese and I'm studying Korean right now).
???? (majikon) is a Japanese generic term for any device that allows for ROMs to be played on a console (source). I'd say that his English translation of "majikon" into "flashcart" is correct.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Glacius0 said:
Also, are you sure about the meaning of [??????]? The rest checks out (for who's wondering; I'm fluent at Japanese and I'm studying Korean right now).
???? (majikon) is a Japanese generic term for any device that allows for ROMs to be played on a console (source). I'd say that his English translation of "majikon" into "flashcart" is correct.

Sounds great then,flashcards
smile.gif
, man i can't wait to see what happens next.

ReddPaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lets not get ahead of ourselves people. Granted the exploit (if it's real) is only a slight sign of hope for the possibility for running code in what could be another endless cat-n-mouse game of the firmwares like it has been for the PSP. You also have to take into consideration that the big "N" has a couple months to patch the holes by the time it hits stateside here in the U.S.
I just hope DAX and others as ingenious as him join in what will be the new "DSI HOMEBREW" scene... unfortunately, regardless of running code on the DSI, I have a terrible feeling the next generation of NDS games are going to be difficult to backup if Nintendo starts to implement stronger rom encryption and key data signing protocols in newer upcoming games.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Golden. Just golden.

I thought that Nintendo would've done some super nifty-hifty anti-cracking programming for this device.
Now, then just as soon as those things are available in english...There will be homebrew and flashcarts aboundin'

I'm going to have to start my own store or something...

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
ReddPaint said:
Lets not get ahead of ourselves people. Granted the exploit (if it's real) is only a slight sign of hope for the possibility for running code in what could be another endless cat-n-mouse game of the firmwares like it has been for the PSP. You also have to take into consideration that the big "N" has a couple months to patch the holes by the time it hits stateside here in the U.S.
I just hope DAX and others as ingenious as him join in what will be the new "DSI HOMEBREW" scene... unfortunately, regardless of running code on the DSI, I have a terrible feeling the next generation of NDS games are going to be difficult to backup if Nintendo starts to implement stronger rom encryption and key data signing protocols in newer upcoming games.

Exactly my point, remember this exploitation is just a small step for Yasu compare to Nintendo re-modeling the DSi. Remember how the glitches inside a Japanese game they are still there but when revision inside the USA version the glitches are gone or lessen? This needs to keep under a tight scrutiny so the news don't spread fast that it can get out of hand.

Must I remind R4DS users what Nintendo did to that company?! Nintendo knows that they can't stop pirating, so they decided to counter it with the DSi. If this information comes out then Nintendo going to make a firmware update that is going to stop the DSi Homebrew for good!

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm skeptical now...

Couldn't it just be an animation using that new animation feature of the DS? When he presses the home button, it goes to the photo channel.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
as soon as the dsi is fully hacked i will be strait dlin thi sorta stuff - teaches nintendo a lesson for not just doing a firmware upgrade on lite (stoopid cameras)

11gardir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Problem with the DSi is exactly its updatable firmware - it's likely to be another Wii style game of cat and mouse.

Every time an exploit is found, or a cart is made to work, nintendo can fix or blacklist it.

I imagine you will have to mod your DS this time round.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the psp also was a cat-mouse game until the hackers modded the network update to download the latest hacked firmware instead of the official
biggrin.gif

I have good hopes for the dsi, i think m3 team will be the first to come with a new card

ReddPaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if Nintendo skillfully patches all the loopholes (which should have been done out the door IMO), then there is always the possibility for a dual flash-able mod chip to come hit the market, which I kind of hope for, because it will deter most of the little wannabe cut-n-paste coders & newbiez, who don't understand the art of hacking as well as the concept of HOMEBREW, but would rather look for the easiest way to STEAL the hard work of true coders, developers & publishers

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ReddPaint said:
Well if Nintendo skillfully patches all the loopholes (which should have been done out the door IMO), then there is always the possibility for a dual flash-able mod chip to come hit the market, which I kind of hope for, because it will deter most of the little wannabe cut-n-paste coders & newbiez, who don't understand the art of hacking as well as the concept of HOMEBREW, but would rather look for the easiest way to STEAL the hard work of true coders, developers & publishers
that actually sounded pretty intellegent to an extent that I agree with you.
yaynds.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
golden said:
ReddPaint said:
yaynds.gif
for a new poster. that was good...very good. but we all know ninty isnt that smart

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tsimehC said:
I trusted Nintendo to make the DSi unbreakable. :/
Maybe when you sent that thought out into the universe it actually happened - except your intention was lost in translation and they fixed the problematic lite hinge instead
rofl2.gif

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Raven Darkheart said:
golden said:
ReddPaint said:
yaynds.gif
for a new poster. that was good...very good. but we all know ninty isnt that smart
How is what he said intelligent in any way? What he's practically saying is; "i dont want everyone to be able to steal stuff, just me."

Intelligent? My ass.

soliunasm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ReddPaint said:
"skillfully patches all the loopholes"
"Nintendo"

I'm sorry, do you know who you are talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrAllagrande @ MrAllagrande: this chat is public?