shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
it was my first guess in a thread i mentioned that Yasu will do something and that means R4 all the way lol! (oh ya and DSTT)
But still t'was already known tht it could be hacked i mean what can't? Maybe in the future we will even see the Ps3 being exploited better

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That was quick...I serisously didn't expect the DSi to be hacked this early.

If it's the real deal,then this is awesome.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's probably real because it's from Yasu
But it looks awfully lot likes it's just a GIF or Video

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link5084 said:
How long was it when the first DS launched and the R4 launched?

a couple years. The M3 adapter was out pretty quickly though.

SjemBo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh, I'm not giving a shit about ROMs anymore. Me is just happy that it finally supports WPA.
Yippie! It would be nice to run homebrew, though.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is a wild guess but is the DS hardware "locked" down when running off the SD card? So wouldn't games not run? But homebrew would work.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll just wait until some time after the US DSi comes out before getting one, since I'm in no hurry to get one and I barely have time to spend on my games nowadays.

nitro2k01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The popular opinion seems to be that he used a TIFF exploit. I, on the other hand have, another theory. I think he used a buffer overflow vulnerability in an old DS game. Ie, he discovered an exploit in an existing DS game, prepared a magic save state, and then booted it on the DSi. Since it's a commercial game, it would boot normally, and then the magic save state will launch his code.

Even if that's not what he did, I think people should look for save state exploits in games. I'm sure there must be a bunch of them, and they'll work equally well on the old DS's as on the DSi. I think save states exploits have been overlooked because: 1) It didn't take long before PassMe and the others were invented, so there was no need. 2) It was probably inefficient to experiment with before there were any decent emulators and before there were good ways of running and code and thus modifying save data easily.

tl;dr: To those who are skilled enouogh and have time, look for save game exploits. The possible tiff overflow vulnerability will be fixed in the next firmware, but save game exploits will continue to work.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If it is a firmware hack or vulnerability, the problem is, Nintendo has made it so the DSi firmware can be updated meaning that the vulnerability could be patched in a future update. This is many Yasu doesn't want to release the hack to the public because once he does, Nintendo will most likely create a fix for it.

There is the option to never upgrade the firmware, but the problem is, you would be locked out from all the online capabilities including the DSWare store, possibly the WiFi support for games (Due to WiFi now being implemented in the firmware itself instead of having each game implement their own conenction) and also Firmware updates, like with the Wii will be bundled inside DS games as well or have a certain firmware restriction so a newer firmware is needed to play which the DSi will check for.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
If it is a firmware hack or vulnerability, the problem is, Nintendo has made it so the DSi firmware can be updated meaning that the vulnerability could be patched in a future update. This is many Yasu doesn't want to release the hack to the public because once he does, Nintendo will most likely create a fix for it.

There is the option to never upgrade the firmware, but the problem is, you would be locked out from all the online capabilities including the DSWare store, possibly the WiFi support for games (Due to WiFi now being implemented in the firmware itself instead of having each game implement their own conenction) and also Firmware updates, like with the Wii will be bundled inside DS games as well or have a certain firmware restriction so a newer firmware is needed to play which the DSi will check for.

narin thats all well and good but if this is legit, it feels as if the dsi is the new psp in terms of finding continuous loopholes so it wont be as bad if ninty "tries" to fix it

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this topic should stop until Yasu releases something or gives a statement.
All this speculation is just giving Nintendo more ideas on how to lockdown their console even more, especially considering that they haven't released in the US yet.

M

multiboy2k

Oddly enough, I TOTALLY AGREE with the poster above me. ^^^^^

I think this topic should stop and be pushed off the front page until something is definitely confirmed. With this unit not even released widely yet, this gives the big N more ideas on how to lock down the unit before it is even released.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Link5084 said:

Why do people assume that the R4 was the first ever DS FLASH CARD ?? ..... there were several long before the R4 and several SLOT 2 flash cards way before that too!

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Link5084 said:

Why do people assume that the R4 was the first ever DS FLASH CARD ?? ..... there were several long before the R4 and several SLOT 2 flash cards way before that too!
Slot 2 flash cards were overpriced and there were no other main stream flash cards as everyone was using passcards alongside a slot 2. There's no denying the R4 was at the top of it's game before anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2