Nintendo Direct September 1st Roundup

ss+(2016-09-01+at+08.10.07).png

It's time for Nintendo's latest direct...for the 3DS only. It's time to see what final tricks Nintendo has up their sleeves before the NX hits. GBAtemp will keep you informed here, with all the latest announcements to come.

:arrow: Watch it here

Summary: Mario Maker 3DS on Dec 2 2016. Yoshi Wooly World 3DS port. Legend of Zelda Amiibo line. Mario Sports Super Stars 3DS for Spring 2017 also has online multiplayer. Pikmin 3DS announced. Animal Crossing New Leaf to get new furniture and amiibo support.

It's starting!
2017 games for the 3DS announced...but what are they?
Recapping Pokemon Sun and Moon
Alolan Rattata announced
ss+(2016-09-01+at+09.02.11).jpg
Special pre order Munchlax with special move will be available
New Super Mario Bros...whaaa Mario Maker 3DS Announced!
ss+(2016-09-01+at+09.03.46).jpg
The Amiibo costumes will be Wii U only, and not on the 3DS. It's going to have local sharing features for courses.
Will launch Dec 2 2016.
Mario Party Star Rush has a Toad Mode where everyone moves simultaneously. Coinathalon mode. 7 different modes. Has features with the Super Mario Amiibo line. Local Multiplayer, but no online. Launches Nov 4 2016.
11111.jpg
Animal Crossing New Leaf is getting an update, with amiibo support. New Amiibo cards releasing Dec 2. There will be a Welcome Amiibo version of the game, which includes all the new features prepackaged. There will be an Animal Crossing direct later this fall.
22222.jpg
Street Pass Plaza getting a fast plaza update which makes things a bit quicker to get through. Now you can encounter more than 10 people at one time, going all the way to 100! 5 new streetpass games. Slot car, market crashers, feed mii, mii trek, ninja launcher. Slot car and market crashers are free. These will launch right after the direct.
333333333.jpg
Tank troopers. Has 6 player multiplayer. Multiple game modes. Launches this winter.
44444444.jpg
Picross 3D Round Two. Gets a demo after the direct.
Nindies getting discounts every week. Axiom Verge Wii U is first.
Seattle PAX West having a Nindie Lounge. Punch Club and Runbow available to play there.
Classic Amiibo Zelda figures. Classic link, OOT Link, Toon Link, and Zelda. Will have features in LOZ BOTW.
Dark Horse Comics releasing 3 books about LOZ series.
5555555555.jpg
Skyward Sword will be on the eShop for Wii U.
Galaxy Style N3DS XL system.
66.jpg
Hyrule Warriors Legends getting a third DLC. Sand Wand as a weapon. Toon Zelda playable.
7777777.jpg
New adventure mode map. Available today. Season Pass is on sale right now.

Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice trailer. It's coming Sept 8th Eshop only.
Dragon Quest 8! Coming 2017.
Dragon Quest 7 has streetpass special dungeons and items. There will be new dungeons as well through online features. Prepurchase to get a theme. Sept 16th launch.
8888888888888.jpg
Yokai Watch 2. Bony Spirits or Fleshy Souls. Each have different Yokai. Come with a little physical medal. Digital games have the ability to befriend little cat yokai. Coming Sept 30.
9999999999.jpg
Disney Magical World 2. Free Frozen Outfits downloadable. Trailer for the game shown. Looks to have house customization that looks a lot like Animal Crossing's.
New Disney 3DS themes.
Sonic 25th anniversary...Sonic Boom Fire and Ice. New villian Defect. Coming Sept 27. Comes with Sonic Boom DVD with physical version.
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse. Launches sept 20.
smt.jpg
Bill is here to announce games.
Yoshi!
Yoshi's Wolly World coming to 3DS. New features. New Poochy stages.
yosh.jpg
There will be 30 stop motion shorts about Yoshi.
Poochy amiibo coming
Feb 3 2017 launch.
Ever Oasis, a game by reknown ex-Square Enix devs.
eeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
Japanese footage shown. Each character has specific abilities. Has crafting system. Coming 2017

Mario Sports Super Stars. Baseball, soccer, tennis, horse racing. Local and online! Huzzah. Releasing Spring 2017.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg
Lastly is...Pikmin!
Side scrolling spinoff adventure on 3DS. Coming 2017 sometime.
ppppppppp.jpg

The end!

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
Why are people wondering if Mario Maker 3DS will have online. Didn't they say you could play WiiU's 100 Mario Challenge but you won't be able to search for individual levels? Or that "some" WiiU levels won't be playable in 3DS.

Well they are really trying to kill the WiiU with the NX release, I guess that means we will get Splatoon or Bayonetta soon next year haha.

Reactions: DrkBeam

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess they spent too much money on creating the assets for the Wii U game that they're willing to downgrade for the 3ds just to pad out the releases until the NX.

Reactions: Chary

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck this! This was basically: "Nintendo Direct: Fuck Wii U Edition". Ugh! Two Wii U exclusives gone to 3DS and with more content. This kind of crap makes me annoyed with the 3DS and worried about the NX.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I'm pleasantly suprised that they did announce some new games (and ported Mario Maker to the 3DS). Still gives me some hope that they won't kill off the 3DS anytime soon. I am sorta miffed by the Skyward Sword announcement as it was the only Wii U announcement in a Direct focused on the 3DS. But still, I'm excited.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Fuck this! This was basically: "Nintendo Direct: Fuck Wii U Edition". Ugh! Two Wii U exclusives gone to 3DS and with more content. This kind of crap makes me annoyed with the 3DS and worried about the NX.

my friends dad who works at Nintendo said the 3DS will get splatoon and bayonetta too.

JgpV2T8.png

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friends dad who works at Nintendo said the 3DS will get splatoon and bayonetta too.

JgpV2T8.png

Lmao nice pic. Maybe I'm just old school and believe in not screwing over your console owners because, ya know, a console is an investment that most families don't take lightly. Nintendo has done nothing but slap Wii U owners in the face this entire generation.

Reactions: Flame

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i screamed YEEEEESSSSSSSSS when i read mario maker. that was nintendos biggest mistake in recent history. it should have had a dual release for wii u / 3ds. now that the hype is down for the game, its not going to sell as well as it could have.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

AydenTheKilla

Garchomp King
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao nice pic. Maybe I'm just old school and believe in not screwing over your console owners because, ya know, a console is an investment that most families don't take lightly. Nintendo has done nothing but slap Wii U owners in the face this entire generation.
I know man. Me and my dad grew up playing mario. I bought him a wii u 2 Christmases ago. Paid 249 for the deluxe and watched my dads eyes glow like a kid when he opened it. Then got sad cause theirs only like 3 games we can play together... 3d world. New super mario. And yoshi. He cant play games where you move a camera.. Waited and waited for more support and nothing. It was honestly a cool idea and they shat all over it. Now they expect us to go ham for the NX??? Yeah right... I fell for wii u.

Reactions: LightyKD

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i screamed YEEEEESSSSSSSSS when i read mario maker. that was nintendos biggest mistake in recent history. it should have had a dual release for wii u / 3ds. now that the hype is down for the game, its not going to sell as well as it could have.
Okay, and if there was a dual release for 3DS huh? That won't help wii u sales at all since there is another option. System EXCLUSIVES is what sells systems! Everyone bought wii u for New super mario bros wii u, Bayonetta 2, Mario kart 8, Super smash bros, and splatoon, or somemthing i assume. But if all those games are already on 3DS, a already conveinent console, no one would consider getting a wii u to play it on. It gives less of a reason to buy it. Or even have them produce it for that system. Is pointless. Sure it be nice to play any game out there all on multiple system but that won't help people as much if they can't sell their products. More exclusives the better chances consoles have of selling.

I agree with you, after paying over $380 For my Deluxe edition launch day console, with no ambassador type compensation like 3DS price drop, i can't deny this statement. Right now they are focusing on cash ins for 3DS, Which from business standpoint is good, for them but bad for consumers. They are less concerned with wii u and more focused on 3DS. Is clear as day that is true. To be honest it may sound dumb, but if Wii u had maybe gamecube support by backwards compatibility, or Virtual console or even HD compilations it would been a better console seller, Even a 3DS player type accessory like the SNES super game boy or Game cube Gameboy player. Maybe played DVD or Music. It would been a better contender. So far the lack of trying too add more features was focused on uncommon gameplay controls. With the gamepad, it was probably designed to be part of some mobile device test for what NX may also be trying to aim for a second time and i hope not. Make a GAME CONSOLE, Make EXCLUSIVE CONTENT and stop making DOWNGRADE PORTS. Find a way too do the Game cube with GBA games on WII U with 3DS would have probably been like "Wow, that good they actually thought about that."

@Chary Nice report by the way. Cause i didn't watch it as i just woke up, but now i don't have to, is properly presented well to know all i need in less than required time to watch or skip through the parts of the video. :)

I still had hoped for 3DS or wII U port of Sonic Mania But seem like one disappointment too many. You and me both woman. :ninja:

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...