Nintendo Direct rescheduled for Sept 13, Nintendo Switch Online service launches Sept 18

IMG_1268.JPG

After some rumors started brewing over when the next Nintendo Direct would air, Nintendo has confirmed the date. We'll be seeing the delayed Direct on September 13th at 23:00 UK time. It appears that we'll still be getting a 35 minute showcase of upcoming Switch and 3DS titles. Stay tuned for tomorrow, as GBAtemp will be covering the event as it airs.

Additionally, Nintendo Switch Online will be launching on the 18th of this month. A free 7 day trial will be offered as well. More Online information will be given during the Direct.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the first week being a free trial.
I feel like the past year and a half was a free trial, lol. Is this to let people download all of their NES games just to be locked out and have to pay a week later?
I'm really gambling on Nintendo slowly upgrading from NES to SNES to N64 and expanding their library incrementally to maintain "hype" for their subscribers.

Reactions: CaptainSodaPop

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like the past year and a half was a free trial, lol. Is this to let people download all of their NES games just to be locked out and have to pay a week later?
I'm really gambling on Nintendo slowly upgrading from NES to SNES to N64 and expanding their library incrementally to maintain "hype" for their subscribers.

Who knows, I'm not holding my breath

Reactions: CaptainSodaPop

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate how they're making us bend over backwards to pay for games already.

Now we have to pay for interaction with friends!

At least we get 7 days of freedom for free.

Maybe if the subscription bombs, they'll delete the money? Wishful thinking I guess.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I hate how they're making us bend over backwards to pay for games already.

Now we have to pay for interaction with friends!

At least we get 7 days of freedom for free.

Maybe if the subscription bombs, they'll delete the money? Wishful thinking I guess.
The only way it would bomb is if Sony/Microsoft didn't already have more expensive paid online services. At $20/year to play Smash and Pokemon online, most people won't even think twice. Unless you're without a job and/or homeless, that cost is absolutely negligible.

Last edited by Xzi,

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After some rumors started brewing over when the next Nintendo Direct would air, Nintendo has confirmed the date. We'll be seeing the delayed Direct on September 13th at 23:00 UK time. It appears that we'll still be getting a 35 minute showcase of upcoming Switch and 3DS titles. Stay tuned for tomorrow, as GBAtemp will be covering the event as it airs.

Additionally, Nintendo Switch Online will be launching on the 18th of this month. A free 7 day trial will be offered as well. More Online information will be given during the Direct.

:arrow: Source: Twitter
Oh good we can get "backups" of the 20+ year old games they want us to pay money for again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Noice. Cant wait for more wii u ports and ports from the 360/ps3 era!
I think they said this will be a first party focused direct. I expect it to be mostly about Mario party, maybe they'll play a quick game.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Hold on to your butts. I have a feeling that this is gonna be a big one.

It never should've been delayed in the first place.
Nintendo delayed the Direct out of respect for the earthquake victims. If you can't see that they did a good deed, please leave the thread now.

Reactions: Hayato213

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/NchZ-mHqTb0?si=GSpRRrJ-yLRxQ39E