Nintendo Direct Mini announced for later today

Cwgl28g.png

The rumors were real! A Nintendo Direct is on the way, in miniature form. The very first Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase will be airing on July 20th, set to show titles that Nintendo has in the works. It'll focus on "updates on a small group of previously announced Nintendo Switch games", from Nintendo's development and publishing partners, likely standing in for what would have been this year's E3 Direct, just scaled back slightly. The Direct Mini will air at 3pm UK time or at 7am PT. Be sure to catch the broadcast, or if you can't, check back here to see what Nintendo reveals.

On 7/20 we'll debut the first #NintendoDirect Mini: Partner Showcase, a series focused on titles from our development & publishing partners. We'll share a few updates on a small group of previously-announced #NintendoSwitch games. Check out the full video release at 7am PT.

:arrow: Source

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, here is the deal and the only reason why I am still hyped at least a little bit (yes, I also hoped for a "normal" direct):

F-Zero

Now you may be saying "but F-Zero is from Nintendo, and we will only see partners today!".

And yes, F-Zero is an IP from Nintendo, but there are a few points I want to mention:
  • Nintendo has said that they don't know how they could innovate the F-Zero formula (which is stupid, just give us GX with Online and better graphics) and that this is the reason why we did not get a new one for quite some time.
  • F-Zero GX was developed by Sega / Amusement Vision (yes, I know that AV does not exist anymore)
  • Nintendo Twitter account mentioned F-Zero some time ago (when the SNES app launched IIRC), even mentioning that the last version is quite old already (hinting at a possible reveal in the future?)
  • The F-Zero Twitter Account that has been found seems to use the same E-Mail Adress that other Nintendo Game Accounts are using (e.g. Splatoon 2 Twitter and so on)
  • Even though it seems that they will only talk about already anounced games we should know better: This is Nintendo we are talking about. How many times did we get a "one more thing" surprise? How many times did they "lie" to us so it would not ruin the "surprise" (DSi reveal comes to mind)
o9xMaYl.png

What if Nintendo decided that Sega did a great job with the last F-Zero and just gave them the IP to produce a new title? Sega also likes to team up with Sumo Digital (Outrun 2 SP and some other nice arcade racers) which would be a good fit for a new F-Zero game in my opnion.

Edit:
And F-Zero, even if it is hard to admit, is no AAA Game in the eyes of Nintendo, so it would "fit" in a smaler direct. Afaik the series always struggled with getting a large player base.

Only a few more hours before we know the answer...

Last edited by Kadji,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welp.
This 'aint gonna end well. I expect lots of crying in social media.
Thats pretty much a given. Any time Nintendo do anything it ends in people crying.

New firmware people moan it's just a stability update

Nintendo do a direct. People crying cause whatever game they had convinced themselves was gonna be announced wasn't.

Nintendo sue a piracy website for illegally having nintendo copyrighted material. More crying about how evil nintendo are.

Ect ect

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Less than half an hour left. I'm keeping my expectations in check, considering this is gonna be basically just updates on a small group of previously announced Nintendo Switch games...

I just remembered, this is going to be a series. Huh. So there's gonna be multiple of these in the future.

Also, looks like a lot of people are setting themselves up for immense disappointment, lmao.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aight so, the announcements were

Cadence of Hyrule DLC and physical copy
Rogue Company
WWE 2K Battlegrounds

SMT III HD REMASTER AND SMT V, OH SHIT

...and that's it

huh

welp

that was kinda dumb BUT HEY, SMT V

Last edited by James_,
Reactions: KiiWii

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
See? I told you, honestly each of the announcements could had their own trailer released. But brace yourselves, there will be more mini directs, so maybe another one is announced soon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night