Nintendo begins banning pirates from 3DS online service

TheMustardKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might be better off to just use gateway 3ds/sky3ds for all games except games with online play. Those you just end up buying. That way no ban.

This is the most succinct piece of advice for people asking about what's safe and what isn't. Not 100% guaranteed but for now the most conservative compromise between safe and continuing using the cards in question.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is swinging the banhammer eah? IHamSofaKing scared 0__0
i have been playing online with my private header but still....

i dont want my NNiD to gt banned,, THATS CONNECTED TO MY WII U!

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont want my NNiD to gt banned,, THATS CONNECTED TO MY WII U!

Maybe you should delink your 3ds from the account then.

"You can format the system to remove the Nintendo Network ID without deleting it. Nintendo Network accounts removed in this way will not be deleted from the Wii U (if linked), and can be relinked to the same Nintendo 3DS system again in the future. For information about formatting the system"

http://en-americas-support.nintendo...id/2224/~/how-to-delete-a-nintendo-network-id

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
i dunno if mine has been banned...but will it still be safe for me to play my legit game carts? or will it still ban me from using these, if i have played online using a rom in past?
even if banned, can we still play our legit roms online... or it block/ban all online use?

Might be better off to just use gateway 3ds/sky3ds for all games except games with online play. Those you just end up buying. That way no ban.

so when using sky3ds, turn off wifi... when using legit rom, we can turn wifi on... and then we will be fine? or will we still get banned if we have played a rom online in past

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
so when using sky3ds, turn off wifi... when using legit rom, we can turn wifi on... and then we will be fine? or will we still get banned if we have played a rom online in past

Who knows, someone should figure out what exactly Nintendo logs in the diary?
Is it only the game title, playtime, how many times played, duration, first date of use, last date of use? or is it more that gets logged and send to Nintendo? once it gets an online connection.

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this is odd. I have three emuNAND SD cards, FW 9.2, 9.4, and 9.5. I only get the error on my 9.5 SD. I'm going to try updating my main 9.2 to 9.5 and see what happens.

Reactions: siFippo

quinterrya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol. See, this is what happens when you pee on an electric fence. They deserve to get banned. I play my xkey online and deserve to get banned too, but the fence isn't electric anymore <knocking on wood>.

Bloodangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I see. Once new information is released I can probably try to make a NAND modification tu unban (If it turns out to be a console ban, not a NNID ban)

cool.. hope this is the case and you are able to create this mod :) .... on sky3ds?

for now, do we just use of sky3ds with wifi off?

Vaporeon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ehiles.iweb.bsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
Soo uhh anyone ever think people could just create their own "network" to play with other people?
Kind of like how people do that with older games now?

I actually don't think this is a big loss at all. Knowing pirates, they have found ways to circumvent everything at some point.

but at this stage, your not "copying" your "creating" its not the same concept.

we digress... either way this Nintendo post is bad news for everyone.

Actually, you can steal blueprints for a bike and use that to create one illegally (since you don't own the blueprints). It's pirating IRL.
There's sites out there where you can use 3D printers to make stuff that is copyrighted and surely illegal, but no one has said anything about it yet since its not as big as digital pirating.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This banning thing was predicted since the headers first became known. I remember reading somewhere that you should use your own header
What I want to know is that someone is spending $80 for a gateway or some other card, why did couldn't they added an extra $10 and brought a cheap game like angry birds for the header and so they could safely enjoy their pirated games?
This puzzles me!!!!!!
Hindsight is 20/20. Of course, everyone can now say "I knew this was gonna happen!" People can predict things until the cows come home, but it doesn't mean those things will actually happen. Sure, it was inevitable, but people became cocky. "It won't happen to me" is a common mentality for any kind of bad event, e.g. car crashes, cancer, etc.

Soo uhh anyone ever think people could just create their own "network" to play with other people?
Kind of like how people do that with older games now?

I actually don't think this is a big loss at all. Knowing pirates, they have found ways to circumvent everything at some point.
While it may be possible in the future, it'd be a network exclusive to people using ROMs, which would be a fairly small network, making it harder to find people to play with or against. In my opinion, it'd only be worthwhile to do so once the actual network is gone, like they've done with Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Smegmaglutide.