Homebrew Nintendo Badge Arcade Hacking - Full Documentation and Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

If anyone ever feels like making an app to inject/view badges automatically, https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/nh2-cart-romfs/blob/master/source/clim.c works just fine on just about any bclim. I'd wager given libpng you could possibly craft RGBA bclims and inject those automatically as well.
It's not really a BCLIM, it's just raw tiled RGB565. I found and documented a bunch of info on the BadgeMngFile.dat and BadgeData.dat formats on the 3dbrew Home Menu page if you want to read up on it.

Last edited by ,

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Author 0x1C in badge management is the Nintendo Network ID linked to the file. Changing one byte of it brought up an error saying the Nintendo network ID does not match, and the badge data is being deleted.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that's really interesting, again, thanks for the information :D
No problem. I'm doing a little digging, but I think If we can find out that value in some other way, badges can be enabled on any 9.x and up device without needing the badge arcade

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way currently to get badges to show up in 9.2 sysnand? I can play and access the badge center but my box is empty when I press Y.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i'm on 9.5 emunand and can put badges on my home menu but i can't place them ontop of folders.the option isn't there. is it because of my firmware version or something else?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I need a little help.
When I want to restore BadgeData.dat, extdata_dump says copying failed!
On my Old 3DS it doesn't even start to restore!

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
I need a little help.
When I want to restore BadgeData.dat, extdata_dump says copying failed!
On my Old 3DS it doesn't even start to restore!
Are you using the latest official extdata_dump with the proper config?
Also, I git this error once when I had the right things and rebooting fixed it.

nodacrunch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
quick question when i did this on my emunand badge that have short cuts like splatoon badges are no longer working any help or fix about his?

Valyou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question when i did this on my emunand badge that have short cuts like splatoon badges are no longer working any help or fix about his?
Did what, the badge data merge? If that's what you did, the donor februarysn0w's data is from a Japanese system, and all of those shortcuts attempt to point to Japanese system app IDs, but won't work on foreign region systems, so they just act like typical badges. You could manually go through and hex edit all the shortcuts to the proper app IDs, or at the very least, the ones you want.

Last edited by Valyou,

nodacrunch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did what, the badge data merge? If that's what you did, the donor februarysn0w's data is from a Japanese system, and all of those shortcuts attempt to point to Japanese system app IDs, but won't work on foreign region systems, so they just act like typical badges. You could manually go through and hex edit all the shortcuts to the proper app IDs, or at the very least, the ones you want.

so how do i do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival