Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
lostdwarf said:
i will wait a week, read up and find highest scoring games and buy the 3ds and the 2 best launch games... Should keep me cosy till metal gear 3d comes out
Also will buy every 3D movie i can get my hands on.
Offtopic...
Type nintendo 3ds into google, select news and sort by date, there is some guy from EA claiming 3ds graphics is directly comparable to ps3 graphics.! Says the gpu is a sweet piece of kit!

Yeah when the 3ds can run 3d with stereoscopic vision.

QUOTE(kthnxshwn @ Dec 30 2010, 03:39 AM) Waiting seems dumb to me. You're basically saying "I'll play those games when the 3DS is slimmer"

BUT! even when i'm saying "I'll play those games when the 3DS is slimmer", (which i'm not). Its better than hulking around its predecessor (DSPhat) when the DSLite was just around the corner (without much people in the know at the time).

Just like my story. I got the DSPhat when the DSLite was releasing JUST the next day. Failsauce..
angry.gif

Arithmatics

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
kthnxshwn said:
I think over 2 years, I'll be able to get some money for the slimmer model.

unless for some reason the slim model costs more than the original.

I just realised that the 3DS is fairly slim as it is. an upgrade would probably include brighter lights or something or other.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Umm am I the only one who wants a bigger 3DS? Like the DSi XL size? There's no way in hell I can go back to a tiny handheld again
Yes, you're the only one as that would fuck with the 3D-ness.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Early adopters get more exploits....which means more mods or easier modding down the road ....the $200 I just put down at gamestop says I'ma get it day one
closedeyes.gif

Arithmatics

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Fear Zoa said:
Early adopters get more exploits....which means more mods or easier modding down the road ....the $200 I just put down at gamestop says I'ma get it day one
closedeyes.gif

I just want to see how 3D the 3D is. From videos and reviews. The people reviewing sounded like they were about to come just trying to grasp how awesome the 3D is.

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
gregor1997 said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Umm am I the only one who wants a bigger 3DS? Like the DSi XL size? There's no way in hell I can go back to a tiny handheld again

No, you are not the only one.
yaynds.gif

I don't know.. the top screen is wider then previous ds's sooo I guess i'm fine for now.

But I know myself.. I want a bigger one after a year or so
nyanya.gif
so I guess i'm with you

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm buying whatever is available when I have sufficient funds. In order to have enough for the supposed March release here in the UK, I'm starting to save as of now. Setting aside a large chunk of each paycheck so that I can go in on release day and buy a shiny new 3DS and a few decent games. Hopefully Ocarina of Time, Lylat Wars, Kid Ikarus and Mario Kart will all be available at launch. Will cost me a damn fortune but I'll be going for it all the same, if only as my way of celebrating the fact that my newly acquired job allows me to buy a console without first selling everything else I own.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arithmatics said:
kthnxshwn said:
I think over 2 years, I'll be able to get some money for the slimmer model.

unless for some reason the slim model costs more than the original.

I just realised that the 3DS is fairly slim as it is. an upgrade would probably include brighter lights or something or other.

I think it weighs more and is fairly long. I mean, in reality, not many people in America wear baggy jeans or pants anymore so now you have to rely on a bag of some sort. The 3DSlim (Oh yeah I did) will probably be a slimmer version and take on a matte look. And probably some upgrade in screen technology like the DSi XL has.

Dr Eggman

I am THE Eggman.
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
@Everyone about early adopters:

True and Untrue. I have a launch-day DSi, the exploits are the same as the later release DSi. I'm still waiting for that new channels exploit (hopefully it comes out before i have to send this one in, claiming warranty extention to buy 3DS
wink.gif
laugh.gif
)

True in the fact that Since i have an early Wii i can use Bootmii as Boot2, and use DVD-Rs.

So it goes both ways, really.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
I'm not bothered by the size of the device. But if they would make a revision I'd want it to be a sliding 3DS. Because the flipping design is rather tiring.

I'd wait for something like that if Nintendo would make it. But..

Guaranteed a sliding 3DS wont happen. Because that would leave the top 3D screen constantly exposed, and as they've already stated smudges on the 3D screen decreases the 3D effect. So for it to be clamp in design is actually beneficial and protective of the 3D screen.

As for the size, the thing is already very thin, and not even as wide as the DSlite. I can't imagine there will be a 3DSLite, however, if they can do it, I'm sure there will be a 3DSXL, however, I'm not sure how possible that is, because a bigger screen seems like you'd need a larger distance from it for the 3D effect to work (but I could be way wrong on that aspect).

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, the top screen is small and around is black for a reason
the 3ds wouldn't work much otherwise, that's why you get 3d on a handheld, because it's small, it's easier to create the 3d effect on it without the need of glasses

if they release the 3ds "lite" with better 3d[angle] and/or with sth extra care for your eyes heath for longer gaming sessions in 3d, i might get it

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Personally it won't matter what size it is to me as long as the games look and play good.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Thing is, the DS was an unusual launch. At the time it was very much of an experiment, which was supposed to live alongside the GBA instead of being a successor. This time it's their one and only handheld console of this gen at the get-go. I really don't think Nintendo are going to be so eager to push out revisions on the 3DS, what exactly would they improve? It's already got a backlight, its pretty slimline, the screens can't get bigger because of the 3D technology.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I will still jump onto yours :D, from time to time Psi :evil::D