Hardware Nintendo 3DS or 3DSLite?

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
My thoughts. as with all handhelds, successors will eventually come into existence.

So my question.

Would you buy the Nintendo 3DS straight off the bat or would you wait until its successor/up-grader/better-er model comes out?

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm appaling at waiting for things.

E.g. I own three types of DS (DS Phat bought at launch, DS Lite bought practically at launch, DSi bought a week after launch)...

So I'll probably end up buying both.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
I will wait at least for a decent price
dry.gif

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
There is another option, instead of buying immediately or waiting for a better one, you can purchase the original or a slightly revised 3DS a few years after it comes out. If you always play a generation or several revisions behind you can get the most the device had to offer as it has already peaked. Not to mention you can take the savings to purchase a psp2 or more 3DS games or special accessories.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Err, there will never be a 3DSLite.
The 3DS is slim and light enough...
Anyway the next 3DS won't be called 3DSLite, 3DSi, 3DSXL/3DSiXL cause they won't be reusing names.
Proof? Well, there's no DS-SP so
tongue.gif

Anyway the next one will be years to come after the 3DS.
Maybe a 3DS with larger screens for a better 3D experience, but that's not really worth waiting for.
I prefer the normal size screens because the pixels are smaller.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
It might be very much worth battery lifetime wise, since NDS lite has nearly twice battery lifetime then NDS Phat, I wouldn't be suprised if it will be twice as much battery lifetime right now considering that it's time for the battery market to grow up (iPhone 4/Androids)

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The reason I asked was when i bought the DS Phat, It was the limited edition blue one. and like... 2 days after buying I found out the DS Lite just launched. So... I hit myself with a bat.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Buy it within a month of launch, and you won't be hitting yourself. And meanwhile, keep saving up for the next revision, incase you want it...

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to wait three years for something that may not even be better than the original. Think about how much the PSP GO sucked.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PSP-1000 was fine the sequel was the PSP 2000 then the 3000 which had a screen problem and some other problems but some good things then there was the PSP GO which wasn't entirely bad. Nintendo has always gotten the sequel right except if you count that one which most people wouldn't count and even if he waits for the next one at least he or she can probably buy the old one at a decreased price.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though this question has been asked a million times, I'll still answer.

I'm going to buy one at launch, just like I did with the Phat and Lite versions of the DS. The 3DS has me very excited, and I want to play one as soon as possible. Nintendo has come a long way with certain improvements in their handhelds, like the screen brightness, resolution, etc. Therefore, the 3DS harware as we've seen it, looks to include all the upgrades the DS hardware has achieved, and then some. The only way to improve is to make it thinner, have bigger screens, and beef up anti-piracy should the older model become hacked.

If you're hoping for an exploit, or to allow hacking/flashcarts, or whatever, you're simpy better off owning a launch system anyways. Besides, who wants to sit back and listen/read everyone talking about how awesome the 3DS is, wishing you were sharing the experience?

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Um yeah I'm spending all my credits and free gift cards on this baby when it launches. I'll have waited long enough and can't stand to wait any longer. Besides the 3DS has sexy aesthetics and will be compact enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe