• Likes 38

What do you think about this "hack"?

• Total voters

alirezay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In many countries, that is not true. Generally, you have the legal right to a backup, but you do not have the legal right to download such a "backup" off the internet; to be within the confines of the law, you must dump/rip the game yourself. In some countries (perhaps including Iran, I am not sure), this may not be the case and it may be legal to download copies of games you own, but in many, that is not the case.
In iran u cant see any original games except for ps3 :wtf: u can find any PIRATE games in legal stores...... :ph34r:
And stupid people buy them...
Bu im not going to pay 170$ fo mario 3dland soooooo......IM A PIRATE!
ROMMMSSSSZZZZ

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
The first post is a bit of an eyesore, too many bright colours and over-use of bold. Reminds me of mid-90s websites. It would be great if you could tone it down and neaten it up a bit.

Reactions: Deleted User

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
any release yet??
Yes. The hack was released and posted everywhere on the Internets. Then, for some unknown mystical reason, it disappeared from the Internets and left no trace that it had ever been released in the first place. If only you'd got here 5 minutes earlier, you'd have been playing all your ill-gotten ROMs right now!

Dubstep16

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. The hack was released and posted everywhere on the Internets. Then, for some unknown mystical reason, it disappeared from the Internets and left no trace that it had ever been released in the first place. If only you'd got here 5 minutes earlier, you'd have been playing all your ill-gotten ROMs right now!

haha srry i have not been on the internet for a while thats why i asked. And i am too lazy to search around

uchiha_951

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would use the Nintendo Shop to buy my games and store them on SD which I have done so far for the free game with my XL and for Super Mario 3D land but all my other games are physical copies.
In the UK, the Nintendo pricing department is a bit silly and decided if it costs $40 dollars in NA it should cost £40 in the UK and so shop prices are a 30-40% markup to amazon prices. It would be great if I could keep all the physical copies I buy for cheaper on my SD so I don't have to carry around a damned stack of games that can be lost easily as proven by my little sister who has already lost 2 games :S

All in all, quite good news and I hope Neimod and the others manage to work through their issues and release it when its ready for the public!

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was released ? man i wish i was up earlier ( if i can what what it called?) i was going to look it up

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
not really it mostly i was shocked it was released because i had just gotten up recently and didnt know that it was so i was trying to get it clearify that it was and was going to search for it if i could

Well, to put it bluntly: His post was really sarcastic.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, to put it bluntly: His post was really sarcastic.
oh ok thanks i have a hard time telling with people when they say something sarcastic or if they are serious i cant really tell but thank you for telling me. btw do you know where i can see the hackers progress post at i found it once but i lost it when my computer crashed so i dont have it anymore

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
oh ok thanks i have a hard time telling with people when they say something sarcastic or if they are serious i cant really tell but thank you for telling me. btw do you know where i can see the hackers progress post at i found it once but i lost it when my computer crashed so i dont have it anymore

Don't worry about it. I would recommend following this thread. Since it is updated when something happens.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about it. I would recommend following this thread. Since it is updated when something happens.
ok thanks, i do hope that some day soon i can try out/play some games that will either come to the usa or never come beacause i like to see what all the hype is about on some of the japanese games since i dont own a japanese 3ds

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I do charge for jailbreaking iPhones. Because people around me aren't that bright, and are too lazy to figure it out themselves. So they always OFFER to pay me for such a task. If they don't have cash, I charge them in food or Coffee. Calm the fuck down, you act like this is the end of the world. I know alot of people that charge for these things, it's fairly commonplace to offer such services. I still have people asking me to hack their Wii, offering me cash to do so. I just do it, they usually drop me a $10 or $20, and we're all good. They don't mind that I have to download and prep everything, and then execute the hacks. They simply don't want to take the time to do so, and it's a quick buck for me.

Alright, sorry man, lol, as long as you don't pull a "It'll cost 50 bucks" scenario. Hate people who overcharge. Yeah, people are lazy, I just tell them to google it. Heck, I've been offered money, and Ireject it most of the time But otherwise, no leaks. It won't make anything better, and probably worse.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say No to piracy but yes to an option to dump and 'verify' game dumps similar to devolution to curb piracy.
Ill buy my games, but two copies for multiplayer in most games? I'm not Rockerfeller.

D

Deleted User

OP
The first post is a bit of an eyesore, too many bright colours and over-use of bold. Reminds me of mid-90s websites. It would be great if you could tone it down and neaten it up a bit.
I'll do it on the weekend. :)

Sandvich1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

EPIC WIN SICK BURN BRO XD!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!