ROM Hack Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi - Translation Project

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not part of the team, so my opinion is not the decision to take on the way to translate names.
You should define who is part of the team, with specific roles.
About the translation, it was postpone to the PS3 release to wait and get more informations on the localisation/translation/story, and match both release's names.

If it's easy to inject the text, maybe two version is possible?
You need to see that with the hackers, how easy it is to insert the text, if it require different work (length of the menus, etc.)

I personally would like to get the same name as the PS3 version, as I'll play this one. If I later play the DS version it would be nice to find the exact same names that the players are used to read.

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
Here come the reviews! Looks like the PS3 game is going to be a major critical success as expected!

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/15/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-review
http://www.officialplaystationmagaz...l-playstation-magazine-pure-sweet-rpg-nectar/
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/critic-reviews
http://rpgland.com/games/reviews/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/ (I know its old but the review is dead on and one of only less than a handful of legendarys handed out by the website)
http://techland.time.com/2013/01/10...promising-japanese-roleplaying-game-in-years/

People, get excited. Get very excited. We are soon going to be playing a master piece that we will never forget for the rest of our lives. Is your body ready?

Reactions: Satangel and GHANMI

scott.ender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are soon going to be playing a master piece that we will never forget for the rest of our lives.

I can back this up. Got it last week and only about 10 hours in, but everything about it is just spot on. it's magical, challenging, and deep. For those waiting for next week/the week after, get ready for a defining gaming experience.

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
the funny thing is i just want that damn book
i don't even have ps3 or even a digital tv

Lol you're not alone when it comes to the book =D Before I even play the game, I am planning to compare my Japanese book with the English book and read it all the way through.
You may be alone when it comes to not having a digital tv though XD

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Here come the reviews! Looks like the PS3 game is going to be a major critical success as expected!

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/15/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch-review
http://www.officialplaystationmagaz...l-playstation-magazine-pure-sweet-rpg-nectar/
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/critic-reviews
http://rpgland.com/games/reviews/ni-no-kuni-wrath-of-the-white-witch/ (I know its old but the review is dead on and one of only less than a handful of legendarys handed out by the website)
http://techland.time.com/2013/01/10...promising-japanese-roleplaying-game-in-years/

People, get excited. Get very excited. We are soon going to be playing a master piece that we will never forget for the rest of our lives. Is your body ready?

Bloody hell, I've heard loads of this game, but only bothered with the title.
Just now I've seen a video review, and it looks amazing! This is really the one title from PS3 I really need to play in my life. Wow :o
Feels like DQ VIII and I'm guessing this'll have the same fate for me; emulate the shit out of it in a couple of years.

Really stunning game apparently, definitely one I'll play

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
emulate the shit out of it in a couple of years.
Best of luck... my bet is that its going to be a while before the ps3 gets a proper emulator that is realistically usable for the average gamer pc. http://www.emucr.com/2012/06/rpcs3-svn-r42.html is the only potential emulator for PS3 I've seen so far, and its only got a few fps from what I understand. I could see it being usable in mayber 4-5 years (unless computer parts find some way to make cheap high quality cpus and gpus in the near future.) Though this coming from someone whose computer can't even play a PS2 emulator yet...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Best of luck... my bet is that its going to be a while before the ps3 gets a proper emulator that is realistically usable for the average gamer pc. http://www.emucr.com/2012/06/rpcs3-svn-r42.html is the only potential emulator for PS3 I've seen so far, and its only got a few fps from what I understand. I could see it being usable in mayber 4-5 years (unless computer parts find some way to make cheap high quality cpus and gpus in the near future.) Though this coming from someone whose computer can't even play a PS2 emulator yet...
I know know. But hey, it took me 3 years of patience to run, play and love DQ VIII on my PC, I won't die by waiting another 5 for this one. Maybe even 10 who knows. A little patience goes a long way!

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
A game breaking save glitch? OMG That's bad. Never heard about such a bug in the JP version, but if someone else could shed some light on the matter, that would be great... since I no longer have the game with me.

About the DS version, I know this is not the best place to put such a request (made it before), but here I go: anyone good with Action Replay codes?

1/ CWF content enabler (like Layton weekly puzzles codes)
There are "on-disk DLC" contained in the DS game, including quests 101-120, some recipes and Imagen.
Would so much want to have some sort of an AR code to enable them for emulators. It's important since some spells, enemies and dialogue is exclusive to said quests.
2/ A map modifier.
There are 15 debug/test rooms inside this game, with associated (oddly formatted) dialogue. Sadly fileswapping only gets the gemoetry of the room (grey rectangle without exits surrounded with black nothingness) but not the actors/script... More useful too for stor event testing..
Tried with <> relative search but quickly realized after freezing values without result that was out of my league.

Oh, and the small font for the moves lack English letters. Is it okay to just add the letters from Pokémon (i.e. legal, like undubs)? I'm thinking also about replacing the main font English letters with the ones in Layton font since it is feasible.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Perma_fry42: i meant the soundtrack and picture prints

- about the DLC...
is there any information about the dlc available?
like, where/how far in the game can it be aquired?

- about people asking progress....
should we ask a moderator to make a big red "NO" as a new first post?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What? some people read first post? No wayyy

I edited the first post.
It may miss some information as I didn't follow all this topic, feel free to tell me what you want to see there. (picture, video, Tinke screenshot, etc.)

RiardasMikelioni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Cyan Thanks, I kinda read wholetopic, but I didn't fully understood about that translation thingy. Need to wait patiently then... Or learn japanese : D

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
@Perma_fry42: i meant the soundtrack and picture prints
I know; I had thought the guide was also going to be North American exclusive. Then I found that Europe is also selling it so I edited my post to show the European version of the guide as well. Not that I care too much about the guide right now besides the DLC since I already have the magic master in the Wizard's edition that I will be receiving in the mail soon. Still its a good alternative for those who couldn't afford the wizard's edition.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know; I had thought the guide was also going to be North American exclusive. Then I found that Europe is also selling it so I edited my post to show the European version of the guide as well. Not that I care too much about the guide right now besides the DLC since I already have the magic master in the Wizard's edition that I will be receiving in the mail soon. Still its a good alternative for those who couldn't afford the wizard's edition.

but i would never consider a prima guide as swag.
swag are goodies n stuff :)
like the stuff in the wizards edition

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
but i would never consider a prima guide as swag.
swag are goodies n stuff :)
like the stuff in the wizards edition
Have a point there. Also there's always the value for collectors that there will only ever be a few thousand of the north american wizard's edition, and of them only so many will be left unopened. Though I have no intention to ever sell my copy =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Why not stick to your other machine, no?
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    my other machine is old, mostly used for just browsing , some multimedia stuff as it's just old
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music