Translation Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

hmsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question: Are you changing any mechanics, or is it just purely translation? I know that for some games, people change some mechanics (whether they are bugs or just some improvement based on the dev's preference).

Keke094

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i'm looking forward for NDS version. i liked Ni no kuni because its reminded me to Popolocrois and has similarities to nnk and ghibli.
likely Prince Pietro (half-human/dragon) who was only 10 years old he went to underworld to save his mother soul, and oliver trying to another world to save mothers' soulmate.

Last edited by Keke094,

CandyIsOk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello once again, Anjiera! Thank you so much for your long and detailed response. I hope you're having a blast enjoying the nice weather, and taking some time off.

You said that you don't want to burn anyone out, and I think, try not to burn yourself out, either. Sorry about my... typo... :unsure: Anyway, I believe that there I should no need to translate any of the Magic Master spell book, because there are already English PDFs online and you can also just get the Wrath of the White Wotch edition, which is extremely similar, with about six differences and an extra spell. I literally put tracing paper over my spell book and wrote the spell, what it did and the MP needed to cast it. I think you should just tell people to use that, as it will be easier on you, and it is not needed... People can translate themselves, and if they're too lazy to do what I did or similar, the name just print it or have a computer near you when playing.

One other thing I wanted to add was what I meant by it would be helpful to use the software in which you do not need a flashcart, that it would be helpful for the team... I think. I posted that a while back, but that's what I think I meant :). Either way, doesn't matter, I'm glad you fixed the bug.

Anyway, thanks again for spending your precious time on this planet to make others happy. Enjoy your break!

-CandyIsOk

Reactions: Plattym3!

Professor_Palmer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excited to hear the progress on this project when their is an update next.

I'm a speedrunner and I have the WR in Ni No Kuni DS, WotWW, and Revenant Kingdom.
I ran WotWW at RPGLB this year and would love to submit the DS game for the 2019 event. If it was in English, it'd be a great place to showcase it. Would love to plug the team who is doing all the work as well if you guys shoot me some info.

Thanks for all your hard work. It really is appreciated.

Reactions: zfreeman

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suppose summer is a little slow.
Even though people might have holidays and more time to work on it, not everybody are in school and have summer holidays. Also, some people enjoy their summer by traveling, going to beach, etc. so it's a period where not all the team is available at the same time.
Maybe weekends the other months are more productive?

last word from Anjiera was that she did and completed her work. She is now waiting for testers and hacking team to provide her with things to fix before releasing the patch.
I don't know how many block of text are remaining to format properly. she didn't provide a numeric progress recently.
The work is almost complete, but no release date until it's done.

Maybe it will be a surprised release :D
or maybe she'll announce a release date one day.

Last edited by Cyan,

Madikan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
last word from Anjiera was that she did and completed her work. She is now waiting for testers and hacking team to provide her with things to fix before releasing the patch.
I don't know how many block of text are remaining to format properly. she didn't provide a numeric progress recently.
The work is almost complete, but no release date until it's done.

Maybe it will be a surprised release :D
or maybe she'll announce a release date one day.
Based on what she said in previous posts we can assume that the editing is done and that they're focusing on debugging and fixing typos. The main cartridge issue was fixed as she said in her last post.

I guess they're wrapping it up but this needs a lot of coordination between different people (testers, hackers, and so forth) so I guess we can only hope for a post summer release, but I'm fairly confident that if no major unexpected issues appear we'll get a 2018 release.

CandyIsOk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly confident that if no major unexpected issues appear we'll get a 2018 release.

By 2018 do you mean December or end of summer? I'm extremely enthusiastic about this project, so I've been checking periodically. Really hopeful for end of summer! What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Anjiera

Aenkyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No one knows when it will be released. End of summer is very unlikely since the developpement seems to be slower during this period. As Madikan just said, if no major unexpected issues appear, we may get the patch before the end of the year. It's not sure, and we don't know everything that Anjiera knows, maybe she already knows the date, maybe she has no idea because they expect a few problems on the way. But I don't believe we will know the date of release until that date is today.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!