Gaming New Zelda Trailer - Scheduled 2015 Release Date

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well after watching the IGN rewind of it, quite long and several clips of the same sections in slo-mo, yeah I've warmed to the style a lot more. It's an anime style, and the expression on 'Links' face firing the arrows. Also lots of detail in the vista shot that you'd normally miss, unless of course you're playing it, helped by being open world... (Death mountain perhaps in the background, giant waterfall a bit closer. farmer, cottages.... and you can visit any at your leisure)
I'd have still preferred the style shown in the tech demo a couple of years back, but after more views I'm certainly more interested in it than I was earlier!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Me and my Family just went: WOW!
Awesome to see that they want to make game openworld.
If it looks like the video, and free roaming/ unsectioned at that, I'm 100% in.
I also like the style, afterall it's a fantasy game, so it fits very well imho.

It looks like a dream if you ask me.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well after watching the IGN rewind of it, quite long and several clips of the same sections in slo-mo, yeah I've warmed to the style a lot more. It's an anime style, and the expression on 'Links' face firing the arrows. Also lots of detail in the vista shot that you'd normally miss, unless of course you're playing it, helped by being open world... (Death mountain perhaps in the background, giant waterfall a bit closer. farmer, cottages.... and you can visit any at your leisure)
I'd have still preferred the style shown in the tech demo a couple of years back, but after more views I'm certainly more interested in it than I was earlier!

Also some goats to the left and butterflies...
It's is going to be very special.
And no please nintendo never give the zelda characters voices!
See how it ruined Metroid.
Let the player use it's imagination, like a good book.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hopefully some real free roaming, HUGE world with side quests and tons of stuff to discover. Bit like DQ VIII or maybe even Skyrim, but I really doubt Nintendo can pull that off, or want to make such a game.
Trailer looks great, the grass especially

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I hope they skip voice acting in this next Zelda aswell. Sorry but I cannot bear listening to englishspeakers representing characters in a japanese game with mouths animated for the japanese dialogue.

I'd rather see them making npcs, ai, music, sfx, combat, exploration, puzzlesolving, graphics & gear arsenal super tight and interesting. Now that they're making Zelda more open world I'm wondering how our hero will play. Can we scale any mountain, are invisible walls ridden, etc.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I hate the art-style, it follows Skyward Sword. We need more realism like Twilight Princess brought to the Wii. Maybe the next-gen Nintendo console will finally have a good-looking Zelda game.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hate the art-style, it follows Skyward Sword. We need more realism like Twilight Princess brought to the Wii. Maybe the next-gen Nintendo console will finally have a good-looking Zelda game.

Lol, so good looking is realism now?
FYI, Zelda is a Fantasy game.

He looks like a teenager! Now the population can relate!

Link always was iterated a child or teenager in previous games, so nothing new.

Mira

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i'm almost starting to think that this link is a girl....
anyway this is new for the zelda franchise but it's old as a jap genre,i already played a lot of games when just one man alone annihilates a hoard of beasts

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
open world? doesnt that equal empty world most of the time?

even in past zelda games, the open plains usually were the most boring parts of the world map.

oots central plains, yeah they were comparably big for their time and there were a bunch of secrets hidden, but how many enemies did it have? like, 3? skelets, those flying pineapples and the ghosts?

tp has that one huge field east of hyrule. its so empty and filled with the same reappearing green wobbly things and like 5 goblins.

i'm really not sure if open world is really the way to go with zelda. specially, if it ends up being an open world where you're hindered to progress at every other turn (like, you need arrows to draw this bridge and you cant just swim through the shallow water, you need a jumpsuit to make it over this specific cliff, but you cant climb up the mountain three feet to your left, you need bombs to destroy those rocks etc etc)

Very interesting.

not really. its normal in japan to imitate great scenes between anime and movies (like, theres a bunch of anime that copy bruce lee movie scenes for their battle sequences - frame by frame)
but here, besides both using arrows on a horse while being followed by a monster, theres no resemblence. so yeah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5