Gaming New Super Mario Bros Secrets

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Wouldn't mind a .pdf of that myself, not seen it pop up yet though, they usually come aorund retail release date of the game, sometimes earlier. Last guide I got was for Oblivion but it was simply too big to refer to on my PC, so I bought it. The manuals Nintendo put up on their site for DS games are great though, and I would expect the NSMB strategy guide to not be much bigger than one of those!

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, a guide would be great to have
smile.gif

I remember having the guide for SMB3.

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You get a -Star Coin Complete- when you get every coin in each world. I'm not sure if this affects all paths as well...
ediT2: lol Ok, this requirement doesn't need to have all paths unlocked.

And how do you get the 3rd coin in 2-5 (sorry, lol its under some scenery block-unbreakable)
dry.gif

Thanks

ediT: oops, lol I just found it...
tongue.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
now I just gotta figure out how to get to world 7 then I'll unlock everything.. I think I know how it's done. This game is so good, I now play console as much as pc again
smile.gif
Then when this is done, yoshi's island 2 is on its way
biggrin.gif
I wish they'd port yoshi's story to gba still tho but that's never going to happen. I'll have to play that on my N64 this weekend.

Oh I forgot to follow up on that scanned hints book. I'll try to remember.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How do I get the cannon in world 4? And the first green mushroom house in world 4...

Could somebody please tell me how to do these?
frown.gif

You have to be Mini Mario. Go to the switch that comes after going through a door that's located left. Press it, run to right and climb on the pipe (don't go inside). Now do a wall-jump from the pipe to the right side. You should reach a platform...

I too have a question:
In world 7, how do I get to the hidden level near the boss? It looks like you have to find the secret exit in either level 7-5 or 7-7.

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought this was interesting, its in teh guide somewhere...

If you get x11,x22,x33 on the timer, the starting point of each world will be a Red-mushroom house (items), x44,x55,x66 gives you the Green-mushroom house (1up minigame), and x77,x88,x99 gives you the Orange mushroom house (mega mushroom)

Damn 4-Ghost House, how do you get the last coin? Unless there's a beanstalk somewhere, I can't get to that point... =(

Mr.Curlynose1

HI ASL PLS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For both the secret exit to the cannon and the last coin in the ghost house, enter as mini Mario. Once you hit the red switch and get next to the pipe on the blocks it lights up, jump on the pipe, then jump up and wall jump off the wall to the right. You'll get to the third coin after more wall jumps, and the secret exit is self-explanatory after that.
I also need the World 4 first 1-up house
unsure.gif

ebcubs03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out how to get the first mushroom house! On level 4-1, while you're riding the dinosaur, jump up on the blocks you see and try to hit an invisible block. There is an ivisible block on one of the groups of blocks, I don't know which one though. A vine will come out of the invisible box - climb it!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I figured out how to get the first mushroom house! On level 4-1, while you're riding the dinosaur, jump up on the blocks you see and try to hit an invisible block. There is an ivisible block on one of the groups of blocks, I don't know which one though. A vine will come out of the invisible box - climb it!
I believe it's also got coins around it. That one drove me insane a couple days ago!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu