Killermech

Cookie Monster
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, since the original thread for the game is so messy to look through.
I thought we could have a compiled list of the "secrets" we know of so far.

Here are some of which I know of and feel free to share any others if you have.
If you wish to discover them for yourself, then it's your choice.

SECRETS
Q: How to get to Rainbow world?
laugh.gif

Q: How to get to world 4 and 7? ('Secret' worlds)
Beat the last boss in the last castle of world 2 or 5 as mini mario (use the stomp technique, jump and press down) or have a mini mushroom to use after you beat the boss

WORLD 1 SECRETS
Q: How to get to the first cannon in world 1?
to get to the cannon MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SHELL SUIT, go to the middle castle, go to the part where the pipe shoots you up through the outlined coins, get to the ledge.

then slide down the wall and go in the press up door. if you go a little up and further right past the star coin you go in a warp pipe.

Q: How to find the last coin in the first castle?
On the last tight rope (it may not be the last but it's one of them towards the end of the level) before u get to the boss door....you have to use it to bounce really high and there will be a pipe on the ceiling. Enter it

WORLD 3 SECRETS
Q: How do you get to the Cannon in world 3?
At the ghost house jump on the last switch, go up the stairs (that were created by the switch) but don't jump in the hole to the left where a door apppears. Instead jump over the hole, go down the stairs to the left. Another door should appear next to the other one beneath the stairs. Make sure you get their before that switch-music stops.

OTHER STUFF
Q: Can you play as Luigi?
Yes you can, Hold L+R and press A on a save file.

Q: Different endings?
Maybe, so far the only different ending is depending on what levels / how many levels you have played through. If you have played through alot, then you will hear the famous 'super mario bros' song in the end of the credits.

Q: Can you only save after beating a mini castle / castle?
In the first run yes, after you beat the game once you can save whenever.
You can also save by paying the coin toll gates.

Q: How do you get fireworks when you clear a level?
To get the classic Level Clear tune when clearing a level and to see fireworks, you need to touch the flag pole when the last 2 digits of the timer match (eg. 122, 233, 344 etc.) smile.gif

Also, the number of fireworks you'll see will be the same as the number that you matched on the timer.

And that's all I got atm, info from myself and from other sources from the mario thread.

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Well, since the original thread for the game is so messy to look through.
I thought we could have a compiled list of the "secrets" we know of so far.
Q: How to get to world 4 and 6? ('Secret' worlds)
Beat the last boss in the last castle of world 1 or 5 as mini mario or have a mini mushrom to use after you beat the boss

regarding that 1st spoiler

I got to world 4 by
Beating the last boss in the last castle of world 2 as mini mario, i didn't know you could warp from world 1 boss

alexp2_ad

Certified Smart Ass
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Q: Can you only save after beating a mini castle / castle?
In the first run yes, after you beat the game once you can save whenever.
You can also save by buying your way through one of the star gate things. They all let you save after. They're very useful as savepoints really.

P

palmarenko

Killermech said:
Q: How to get to world 4 and 6? ('Secret' worlds)
Beat the last boss in the last castle of world 2 or 5 as mini mario or have a mini mushrom to use after you beat the boss
How do you beat the boss with mini mario? I can't seem to hit him when I'm mini mario.

Anyone know how to get the world 3 cannon?
At the ghost house jump on the last switch, go up the stairs (that were created by the switch) but don't jump in the hole to the left where a door apppears. Instead jump over the hole, go down the stairs to the left. Another door should appear next to the other one beneath the stairs. Make sure you get their before that switch-music stops.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
info on mini mario

You have to stomp with mini mario ...jump over the boss and press down to stomp when directly over bosses head .. took me while to realise that.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found the last big coin in the first castle?

Oh yeah, took me a while but I found that.

On the last tight rope (it may not be the last but it's one of them towards the end of the level) before u get to the boss door....you have to use it to bounce really high and there will be a pipe on the ceiling. Enter it
biggrin.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WORLD 1 SECRETS
Q: How to get to the first cannon in world 1?
to get to the cannon MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE SHELL SUIT, go to the middle castle, go to the part where the pipe shoots you up through the outlined coins, get to the ledge.

then slide down the wall and go in the press up door. if you go a little up and further right past the star coin you go in a warp pipe.

So I need the blue Shell suite. But where can I find it? I've been wandering through a few levels without finding one
unsure.gif

Killermech

Cookie Monster
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I need the blue Shell suite. But where can I find it? I've been wandering through a few levels without finding oneÂ
unsure.gif

Go to the maps with those random flying '?' blocks over them. Enter and check what item it is, if it isn't the blue shell then leave the map and repeat the same thing. When you do get the shell then complete the level without getting hit (obviously ;P) then go to the minicastle.

Or you can enter one of those mushroom houses and hope you get the shell from there instead.

B

bluetieman

Two questions:

1. How do I get to the rainbow world mentioned in the first spolier above (it is not showing up in my browser when I hit show, it is blank)?
2. How do I get to the last mushroom house in World 2?

Thanks.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To get the classic Level Clear tune when clearing a level and to see fireworks, you need to touch the flag pole when the last 2 digits of the timer match (eg. 122, 233, 344 etc.)
smile.gif

Also, the number of fireworks you'll see will be the same as the number that you matched on the timer.

MechaBowser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After beating the game, you can buy diffrent "styles" for the touch-screen for 20 star coins each. (These are really awesome!)

EDIT: Oh, and for the How to find the last coin in the first castle? question. It IS the last wire.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-