Gaming new super mario bros. 2 will be 40$ in eshop

D

Deleted_171835

I see people arguing the benefit of digital over a real copy, and you're right, if you're lazy it's a boon as you just tap and play. The problem is, and especially with Nintendo and their childish backwater inane system of binding games to the hardware and not an account like Sony/MS do it a huge issue. Digital copies are just that, not real, and as such you're at the mercy of 'the system' the man or whatever you want to call it. Take a look at fairly recent history of Konami pulling Turtles games off digital download. If a company decides they've hosted a game long enough, or they don't want to re-up on paying for a license, or whatever other reasons the items get pulled. You then best pray you don't have a hardware failure, or how about if your system is outright stolen? Kiss all those hundreds of dollars or more in games goodbye. And even if they did have a system like PSN, eventually Sony would tire of keeping some 5-10 year old game up for sale and they'll erase it too, and if your hardware eats it, or you ran out of room but want to grab it again later...it's gone. With real media you have it until the piece of gaming storage(disc, card, cart) dies. I can go back and play a 1985 Super Mario Bros 1 game in 2012. Will I be able to come back and play my digital only copy of New SUper Mario Bros 2 in 2039 when I feel a nostalgia trip? Not a chance.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/330150-unified-account-system-confirmed-for-the-3ds/

When 2039 comes, I'm sure piracy/emulation will be a much more attractive option.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1