duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You're moving goalposts. You don't make a new cartridge design for giggles, you make it to improve on the old one and make more money.

Or just make more money.
Like Foxi said, the design is changed because of improvement - a design change just to make more money is ridiculous, as it would cost additional money to produce and wouldn't be any sort of replacement to the existing design (no one would upgrade).

If you want to really troll people on similar grounds, set your sights on the Apple fan base.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Like Foxi said, the design is changed because of improvement - a design change just to make more money is ridiculous, as it would cost additional money to produce and wouldn't be any sort of replacement to the existing design (no one would upgrade).

If you want to really troll people on similar grounds, set your sights on the Apple fan base.
Honestly, even if it was just for money, who cares? Capitalism is not a crime, as a consumer I only care about the quality of the final product. I love when people make moral arguments in a discussion about a piracy device, and I can say that without worrying about #NotAllFlashcarts because the Sky3DS serves no other function. If you rail about Team Sky being money-grubbing, you merely expose yourself as a hypocrite since you skimp on games.

Anywho, seeing that the details and the photos of the device are leaked anyways, there's no reason in keeping a secret - I have one of those bad boys and I'll be posting a review as soon as I'm done testing all the new games with it. Cheers, Tempies! :D

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
€84
For those looking to buy one. Some of the resellers that appear on the Sky3DS site are starting to put the Sky3DS+ In Stock. Price is between $90 to $95
ask reseller for free trade up. mine honored it. said he gets them december 10th.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

over HERE its 92 http://www.r4gateway.com/sky3ds-plus-sky3ds-flashcart-p-49.html

€85 from Germany, €14 more then for the blue button sky3ds when it cam out.
(http://www.spitzekarte.com/)

Longius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
>Buying a sky3ds to play mhx and shit
>Buying Sd card and usb adaptator
>AP check arrives
>Shit !
>Buying MHX to use HANS for eng patch
>Hans is not working shit
>Tired of all this shit buy a new N3DSXL on 9.0 (COST A LOT)
> Sky3ds release a new card
> FUCK MY LIFE ...

This in two weeks

Last edited by Longius,

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
>Buying a sky3ds to play mhx and shit
>Buying Sd card and usb adaptator
>AP check arrives
>Shit !
>Buying MHX to use HANS for eng patch
>Hans is not working shit
>Tired of all this shit buy a new N3DSXL on 9.0 (COST A LOT)
> Sky3ds release a new card
> FUCK MY LIFE ...

This in two weeks
In truth, the 9.0 is the better half. So don't worry about that investment. You can't play online with the MHX anyways

Reactions: Deleted-236924

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
€84

€85 from Germany, €14 more then for the blue button sky3ds when it cam out.
(http://www.spitzekarte.com/)

Which is okay but IMO the risk of it getting held up at customs is not worth it.

Interestingly enough they link some kind of "compatible games list", a setting.ini (don't know for what this is as on sky3ds+ page it says it uses gamelist.bin)

http://filetrip.net/dl?Lm79nkyoe3

but there's a heckload of current games missing, it's only going up to ~1280 where according the 3dsdb we count up to over 2000 now.

Last edited by wurstpistole,

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a stupid question, but do Sky3DS carts come with kernel exploits? Before I assumed they did, but I've been hearing other things.

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sick and tired of everybody saying this card is pointless if is this price or that price.

People, are you all out of your minds?

Do you know how many games you can play with old blue button Sky3ds card?

Let me please help you with the numbers.

It's around 150+ games in any given region! And together is much more than that.

Even if every game would cost you only about 30 bucks, that would give you roughly 4500$ worth savings at least.

And new Sky3ds+ card allows you to play around 10 new AP games which would cost you around 200 bucks and that's just the beginning, because Nintendo is probably to continue putting the AP chips if not for anything else but to minimize the damage that blue card is doing, considering how many of them are sold already.

So I really find it weird that people are complaining about this new card being 10$ more that the previous one.

Please stop doing that. It sounds so childish and unrealistic that it hurts.

And no, I'm not rich by any means and it's a pain in the a... that I have to sell my old card and add around 10-15$ to buy a new one.

But at least I can appreciate the effort that the guys at Sky3ds are putting so I can enjoy all the games without spending a fortune to play them.

Let me remind you that at this moment, they're the only one in town who are able to provide you with that possibility.

Otherwise, if you know better and you are a skilled programmer, be free to make a better card and charge it few bucks only, Ill be more than happy to buy it from you.

P.S. The fact is that, if Nintendo didn't find the desperate move and started to implement INSIDE the fricking new cartridges this AP chips, they wouldn't have to make another card, and would still sell the old one just fine. Mind you that Sky3ds team is hurt with this too, probably, because I guess, there're a lot of old blue Sky3ds cards left in the stock that few people would want to buy now when the better card is here.

Last edited by vladagaja24,

Thornhill33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Note: A settings.txt file and other .sav files will be built in your microSD card once start to play
games, open the settings.txt, set the CREATE_PER_GAME_SETTINGS = 1(default 0, can change
it anytime later) and save it, a .CFG file will be created in your microSD card after a game has
been played, it includes the specific info for that game(CART_ID,FLASH_ID...), you can build
you own .CFG file for playing a new game(or an online game) later if you know how to get those
info properly, which means you don't have to wait for the updated gamelist.bin file by our site,
the .CFG file has a higher priority than a gamelist.bin file.

So then :

- without <GAME>.CFG file : Sky will use Sky's own CART_ID/FLASH_ID (stored in their database file gamelist.bin, assuming it is present)
- with <GAME>.CFG file : Sky will use your (private) header provided CART_ID/FLASH_ID

Thus I guess it solves "ROM missing in Sky template" issue and simplifies the "private header injection" issue.

Last edited by Thornhill33,
D

Deleted-19228

Honestly, even if it was just for money, who cares? Capitalism is not a crime, as a consumer I only care about the quality of the final product. I love when people make moral arguments in a discussion about a piracy device, and I can say that without worrying about #NotAllFlashcarts because the Sky3DS serves no other function. If you rail about Team Sky being money-grubbing, you merely expose yourself as a hypocrite since you skimp on games.

Anywho, seeing that the details and the photos of the device are leaked anyways, there's no reason in keeping a secret - I have one of those bad boys and I'll be posting a review as soon as I'm done testing all the new games with it. Cheers, Tempies! :D

BURNED

In truth, the 9.0 is the better half. So don't worry about that investment. You can't play online with the MHX anyways

Yes you can, who told you this?

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
BURNED

Yes you can, who told you this?
Because MHX is available only in Japan now. There's already a day one patch and unless you know of a way that Sky can download game updates for out of region games. Then you're pretty much screwed. That and no one has any idea as of yet on how to insert private headers onto the cart or game.

Last edited by Misledz,
D

Deleted-19228

Because MHX is available only in Japan now. There's already a day one patch and unless you know of a way that Sky can download game updates for out of region games. Then you're pretty much screwed. That and no one has any idea as of yet on how to insert private headers onto the cart or game.

Day 1 update? I played it yesterday and there was no update prompt...

vladagaja24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

So true!
I sign every word.

Last edited by vladagaja24,

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I have a blue cart.

But'll perhaps buy this next year. No rush for me though. But if it still plays AP games in like 6 months. Then it's a go for me :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro