• Views 132,913
  • Replies 916
  • Likes 15

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Will they stop supporting the blue card after this though? Cause I just ordered one blue card today and then I find this.
as plus doesn't require template, and only need update if something ever happen. they'll probably keep updating template for old sky as usual.
and if they plan to stop supporting it to force people to new cart, they wont do it immediately.

Last edited by honyo29,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I literally just got a blue button. Like hell I'm getting another.
Everyone else saw this coming, it's too bad you didn't :P
This is the reason people shouldn't support Sky3DS - they will do this kind of thing. But people will support them anyway because they make the only 3DS flashcart that works on the latest firmware.

Exavold

eeh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yup. It's nice to have CFW. I don't want to play ROMS on my system anyways. I use my system for CIA installation.
By the way, thanks for writing that on my profile.
Yep , homebrew with full power and easier access is my favorite thing with CFWs !
(also , no problem !)

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
For those looking to buy one. Some of the resellers that appear on the Sky3DS site are starting to put the Sky3DS+ In Stock. Price is between $90 to $95

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
For those looking to buy one. Some of the resellers that appear on the Sky3DS site are starting to put the Sky3DS+ In Stock. Price is between $90 to $95
The main site hasn't even updated their info and guides, let alone templates and firmware and already the carts are on sale. I wonder if that's a good plan..

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country

That's unfortunate but you had to see it coming, most did. They already had a history of making new Sky3DS versions, and we all knew their current (now old) Sky3DS didn't work with new releases, and couldn't get firmware updates. If they didn't put out a new one to address these issues they'd stop getting sales

Does anyone know if it's possible to use private headers with this using existed methods? Or will new tools have to be created?

Last edited by kiwiis,

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Sky3DS found a way to bypass signature checks, because it will support homebrew in .3ds format. So why didn't they find a way to bypass region checks? Sky3DS+ does not support other region, though it does support consoles from any region.
Is there a way to run "region changer" on a game in .3ds format? I know it breaks the signature but if the signature check is bypassed, then that doesn't matter.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Sky3DS found a way to bypass signature checks, because it will support homebrew in .3ds format. So why didn't they find a way to bypass region checks? Sky3DS+ does not support other region, though it does support consoles from any region.
Is there a way to run "region changer" on a game in .3ds format? I know it breaks the signature but if the signature check is bypassed, then that doesn't matter.
They did not bypass signature checks just the AP check that stopped the blue card from loading certain games.

Reactions: Tony_93

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
not even homebrew launcher is able to bypass signature check. running homebrew =/= bypass signature check. also it's uncertain yet whether this "homebrew compability" means running .3dsx from sky+ cart or merely use homebrews alongside sky+ and judging on how they exegrating their features in the past, many believe it's the later.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

They never said Sky+ supports .3ds homebrew.

They said it supports "3rd party homebrew", the blue button card already does that by loading a Cubic Ninja rom, they are just making it sound vague.

Edit: Freaking Ninja :ph34r:

Last edited by Tony_93,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not ordering it myself, don't want to get hold up at customs... Just waiting until Sammy has it here for me and by then there will be enough reviews out.

dawnbomb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ask reseller for free trade up. mine honored it. said he gets them december 10th.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

over HERE its 92 http://www.r4gateway.com/sky3ds-plus-sky3ds-flashcart-p-49.html

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm looking for an online shop that sells it for around $92 and ships it abroad (like Philippines), I figured if I'm not going to buy it, my gf would be interested in getting one for herself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...