New Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8th

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Disliking a certain gen or region doesn't mean you need to bash on it.

I kinda agree with you, I don't need a 6th gen, I just want a R/S/E remake which has got gen 1,2,3,4 and 5.

I wasn't really "bashing" on Gen 5, just listing the reasons I personally found it disappointing.

The RSE remake should be true to the original games, and feature no Gen 4/5 pokemon until the main quest is complete, but yeah; I agree with you on that.

I just question whether or not they will debut what will likely be a new engine and graphical style with a remake of an old game, as opposed to new titles. I find it unlikely they will release on the original DS, although a split release (simmilar to the first mystery dungeon games) would make sense to me. (only then the games would be graphically different... so maybe not?)

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I wasn't really "bashing" on Gen 5, just listing the reasons I personally found it disappointing.

The RSE remake should be true to the original games, and feature no Gen 4/5 pokemon until the main quest is complete, but yeah; I agree with you on that.

I just question whether or not they will debut what will likely be a new engine and graphical style with a remake of an old game, as opposed to new titles. I find it unlikely they will release on the original DS, although a split release (simmilar to the first mystery dungeon games) would make sense to me. (only then the games would be graphically different... so maybe not?)
I doubt they would kick gen 4/5 out of the remake, they made a remake of Gold and Silver and it had compatibility for gen 4.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It'd be awesome if they did something like HG and SS. The Pokemon following the character <3
I loved that :yay:
I just wonder why they didn't added that to Black/White 2.

I would like for them to add the contests Pokemon Ruby had, I love beating those contests and giving Pokeblocks to my Pokemon :)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I doubt they would kick gen 4/5 out of the remake, they made a remake of Gold and Silver and it had compatibility for gen 4.
It's not kicking them out of the remake, just not encountering them until after the E4. After the E4 they could appear everywhere.

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to see the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. Ruby was the first pokemon game I have ever played and it was my complete child hood. I agree that it shouldn't be just a 3ds exclusive I still manage in about 20+ hours a week on my ds lite. I would go out and buy a 3ds if it ended up an exclusive.

Reactions: Deleted User

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the make a gen 6 they best step up their game (gamefreak) GenV's Pokemon 95% of them looked gay the story was decent (a vilianous team catching AND using a legendary Pokemon against you was cool) but i 99% suspect it is a gen 3 remake if it was a wii U battle revolution type game they wouldn't drag it out unless they want Pokemon fans rioting at their HQ's doorstep

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in at Pokebeach

Update (8:30 AM) - I just noticed that if this were a new Eeveelution, it would be the eighth one... and the announcement is being made on the 8th! It's a Tuesday too, which is an odd day of the week to make a Pokemon announcement. Not sure if I'm looking too much into things at this point though...
Pokemon's Twitter account posted this literally a minute ago. I totally said this on our Facebook page yesterday afternoon (:D), though it's possible Pokemon is very much aware of the fact that fans are speculating about a new Eeveelution and purposefully playing to this to trick us.
Trivia time! How many possible evolutions of Eevee are there?
Could they be hinting at a new Eeveelution in light of the announcement coming Tuesday? Ash is currently battling in the Unova League (in Japan) and one of the contenders, Virgil, owns an Eevee and all of its evolutions. Could we see his Eevee evolve into a new Eeveelution during the League? Blaziken was first introduced in the Johto League, after all. There have been many Eeveelution promotions these past few months, and the Genesect movie is also going to feature an Eevee mini-movie, so could this all be leading to a new Eeveelution or is this all just a happy coincidence? I don't know for sure, but it's all just a tad too convenient to not be leading up to something in my opinion...

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say I'm starting to believe the new Eevee evo rumor. I mean, that image, they're all in order, and that official tweet asking how many evolutions Eevee has...

Well, new Eeveelutions are always welcome. There are 17 types in total, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to allow the Normal-type Eevee to evolve into the other sixteen. Heck, maybe they can even include a method for changing Eevee's current evolution similar to how other Pokémon can freely change their "formes".

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They tend to tease alot.
I don't know why you would bring that up. Anyway, what did Alot do to Gamefreak? :/
Kg89t.png

Mikehoncho16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just watched it. Nothing. Just a 4 v 4 battle on b2. Although they only used 3rd gen pokemon so that gave me hope.
But that's wrong, Cresselia was used more than once, Suicune was used, same with Excadrill, Charizard, and multiple others. Absolutely nothing pointed towards a Hoenn confirmation yesterday. That doesn't mean it WON'T happen, I'm just trying to say that this new Eeveelution rumor is our best bet right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works