Gaming New petiton to bring Kingdom Hearts 3 to Wii U.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Why should I have to deal with it? What if it were Wii U exclusive? All the sony fans would be complaining just like I am. They did when platinum announced bayonetta 2. And look at this.

http://www.change.org/petitions/grand-theft-auto-v-for-wii-u

Grand theft auto fans made a petition for a Wii U version of GTA V. Why is it okay for them to make one but not for kingdom hearts fans?
The difference here is that you don't have one of the 500 total Wii U owners re-opening a petition after it was closed for being ignored.

D

Dork

Kingdom Hears is not being released for the Wii U, end of. It's not a very popular platform, I don't know how the engine works but it may or may not push it in its entirety, it's developed for a different architecture and Square-Enix has decided to skip that system. It's not going to be released on XBox 360 or the PS3 either and you don't see other users going nuts over it.
Why shouldn't it be released for the Wii U? It's not foreign for a Kingdom Hearts game to be on a nintendo console. It's the only next gen console the game is not appearing on. CPU architecture has never stopped developers in the past, stop nitpicking.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why shouldn't it be released for the Wii U? It's not foreign for a Kingdom Hearts game to be on a nintendo console. It's the only next gen console the game is not appearing on. CPU architecture has never stopped developers in the past, stop nitpicking.
Maybe because all three consoles last generation were, to a larger or lesser extent, based on PPC. Even the CELL has a PPC-based heart beating in it. As for the "why", I'm assuming it's a purely economical decision.

Reactions: Rydian
D

Dork

Maybe because all three consoles last generation were, to a larger or lesser extent, based on PPC last generation. Even the CELL has a PPC-based heart beating in it..
So? During that generation there have been plenty of PC x86 ports of games. It's probably an economic decision like you said, I'm sure once Wii U sales start picking up a port will show up, and it will take years for KH3 to actually be released anyway.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So? During that generation there have been plenty of PC x86 ports of games. It's probably an economic decision like you said, I'm sure once Wii U sales start picking up a port will show up, and it will take years for KH3 to actually be released anyway.

Yeah, once they do Square-Enix might consider a re-release, perhaps with built-in DLC a'la GOTY Edition style, but for now it's not unreasonable for them to skip the platform.

Reactions: Rydian

Bryon15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't want to 'waste' a few hundred dollars but you have a petition to convince SE to waste a few hundred thousand (or whatever a console port costs) dollars?

But it wouldn't be a waste for them. Every Wii U owner would probably buy it. That's $60 times 3 million. That's $180000000. Plus the install base will be increased by the time kingdom hearts 3 is out.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it wouldn't be a waste for them. Every Wii U owner would probably buy it. That's $60 times 3 million. That's $180000000. Plus the install base will be increased by the time kingdom hearts 3 is out.

You know, I have a weird little inkling that you are not a professional market analyst.

(FYI, the closest to 100% adoption is Nintendo Land, and that's a pack-in with most of the consoles. The best selling 3rd party title is far, far, far from the 3 million mark. So yeah, hardly a surefire bet.)

Reactions: Rydian and Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Indeed quite a stretch, but I'll give you an even worse scenario - even if 3 million WiiU owners would buy the title and if we assume that the distribution, packaging etc. costs equal about $30, it's 3.000.000 * $30 = $90.000.000, ninety million dollars.

I'd like to remind here that GTA V made one billion dollars in the first three days on the market.

Of course GTA V is a good game, but that's besides the point - 90 million dollars just about covers the cost of development if it was made specifically for x86 in mind before... and that's assuming every single WiiU owner buys it, which is a complete pipe dream. Where's the profit? ;O;
Why should I have to deal with it? What if it were Wii U exclusive?
Then Square-Enix would have a hefty crater in his budget after the game inevitably bombs. The beginning of a new generation of consoles is not a good time for exclusives.
All the sony fans would be complaining just like I am.
Just the Sony ones - they're worse than the mafia. :rolleyes:
They did when platinum announced bayonetta 2.
Platinum had no intention of making the game exclusive - it was a necessary evil. Nintendo paid off the game's development, the exclusivity of this title is not up to Platinum which is what they expressed numerous times over many mediums. I quote:
"We are a developer. Nintendo are the ones kind enough to fund and publish our The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 projects (...) So if Nintendo says, 'We are publishing Bayonetta 2 on PS3/360,' then it will happen. So please go ask them, not us." ~Hideki Kamiya
Nobody else wanted to publish the game hence it's on the WiiU. As for those who whined about it, those people failed to understand the simple fact that without Nintendo's funding, Bayonetta 2 would never even see the light of day.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still think that Wii U sales would pick up of SE and (EA) Rockstar and any other developer you can think of released games for the system. I mean, the Xbox One wouldn't be making any money unless Rockstar had released GTA V on it. Right? They depend on third party developers for their money. The only difference between them and Nintendo is that Nintendo has made their own games for 20 years. And I know they think it's all about the money, but I think it's all about games. And, games bring money.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I still think that Wii U sales would pick up of SE and (EA) Rockstar and any other developer you can think of released games for the system. I mean, the Xbox One wouldn't be making any money unless Rockstar had released GTA V on it. Right? They depend on third party developers for their money. The only difference between them and Nintendo is that Nintendo has made their own games for 20 years. And I know they think it's all about the money, but I think it's all about games. And, games bring money.

This is so beautiful and simply oozes with the nineties... ;O;

Yes, that's how things used to work, but that's no longer the case.

First and foremost, Microsoft makes their own games and not since "yesterday" but since the very early nineties - they're simply more organized in that area these days.

Secondly, after Microsoft retracted most of their idiotic announcements, pre-orders for the XBox One started flowing in naturally.

Thirdly, GTA V is not an XBox One title.

Fourthly, the days when all a console had to do was to play games are over - these days a console is much, much more than that. A video game console is supposed to power your living room in terms of multimedia, it's supposed to serve you everything you need in terms of entertainment without forcing you to get off your comfortable couch. The games are the primary focus, but a console has to offer much more to stay afloat and this is not a trend that popped out of nowhere - it's a trend that started even during the SNES/Mega Drive era - a trend which Nintendo conveniently ignored for several generations now.

Finally, what makes you think Microsoft has no games that would bring the money? Or are we conveniently forgetting about "Halo" - the series that changed the way we play shooters forever, "Gears of War" - one of the better third-person shooters around, "Fable" - one of the better crosses between Action, Adventure and RPG, "Forza Motorsport" - a fantastic racing series and many, many more?

Reactions: NEP and chavosaur

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
According to Nomura, the visual direction of the game has been mostly solidified into what we saw in the teaser. Like FFXV, the development team is currently using the Luminous Studio engine to make an over-spec version of the game that can subsequently be ported to the PS4 and Xbox One.
Source (Kotaku via Famitsu.com)

KH3, and other Luminous Studio games are developed on PC, then downspecced to XbOne and PS4. Its likely that the engine only runs on x86 at this point, porting it to WiiU wouldn't be worth the return.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not signing this but I'll sign a petition to bring Zelda to Xbone. Hopefully an HD port of Wand of Gamelon.

Seriously though, a game you want isn't put out on the system you have? Deal with it, or buy a second (third, fourth, etc) system.

Save the petitions for games that don't get localized or whatever.

Reactions: chyyran

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is so beautiful and simply oozes with the nineties... ;O;

Fourthly, the days when all a console had to do was to play games are over - these days a console is much, much more than that. A video game console is supposed to power your living room in terms of multimedia, it's supposed to serve you everything you need in terms of entertainment without forcing you to get off your comfortable couch. The games are the primary focus, but a console has to offer much more to stay afloat and this is not a trend that popped out of nowhere - it's a trend that started even during the SNES/Mega Drive era - a trend which Nintendo conveniently ignored for several generations now.

Finally, what makes you think Microsoft has no games that would bring the money? Or are we conveniently forgetting about "Halo" - the series that changed the way we play shooters forever, "Gears of War" - one of the better third-person shooters around, "Fable" - one of the better crosses between Action, Adventure and RPG, "Forza Motorsport" - a fantastic racing series and many, many more?

Well I was going with GTA V since it was released last week; fairly modern game. And games are not the focus of these monstrosities they call game consoles: if they were, then people would be releasing games for Nintendo. I'm pretty sure this was part of Nintendo's falling out. They only cared about the games: it was most apparent with the Wii. They didn't even have an online service; just a few games that used the internet for battling with your friends. And their Wii codes, were, well, you know how those were.

It's more about the services rather than games, methinks. That's why they take so long to make them. It takes maybe a full year to make these games? And then there are rarely any new internet protocols; they just release rehashes of previously successful games.

And I guess I did forget about Halo. I never paid much attention to Microsoft anyway, so I didn't know they had those other series. Thanks for the info. I don't know; I guess I just expect games to be released on a console (preferably Nintendo) so it'll be worth my while. I don't need internet and all these other bullshit services that people clamor for: I just want games.

Edit: GTA V was released on the 360. It's what I meant to say.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I was going with GTA V since it was released last week; fairly modern game. And games are not the focus of these monstrosities they call game consoles: if they were, then people would be releasing games for Nintendo. I'm pretty sure this was part of Nintendo's falling out. They only cared about the games: it was most apparent with the Wii. They didn't even have an online service; just a few games that used the internet for battling with your friends. And their Wii codes, were, well, you know how those were.

It's more about the services rather than games, methinks. That's why they take so long to make them. It takes maybe a full year to make these games? A year? No, bro. No. And then there are rarely any new internet protocols; they just release rehashes of previously successful games.

And I guess I did forget about Halo. I never paid much attention to Microsoft anyway, so I didn't know they had those other series. Thanks for the info. I don't know; I guess I just expect games to be released on a console (preferably Nintendo) so it'll be worth my while. I don't need internet and all these other bullshit services that people clamor for: I just want games.

All these sour grapes.

Third party developers shy away from Nintendo because a) Nintendo has been a history of poor relations with them, b) Nintendo is evidently not willing to go out and secure exclusives on their own (Rayman Legends, for example), and c) third party titles generally don't do well on the market. Zombi U, a coveted launch exclusive from Ubisoft, failed to make a profit. Kamiya was publicly complaining that Nintendo was not promoting The Wonderful 101 nearly enough. And these are just recent examples!

Not only that, but Nintendo's recent consoles have seriously lagged behind the competition in terms of hardware (the Wii last gen, the Wii U this gen). That may keep costs down, sure, but it also means that the consoles are much more difficult to develop around. If you want to bring over the latest releases, you'll basically have to make a whole new version from scratch. And if these games don't sell... well, why waste the money?

(inb4 "Technology doesn't matter, games do!" A console doesn't have to be the strongest in order to provide the best game library. However, the technology under the hood determines what games can be made for your console, so yes, it is very much relevant. If there's a significant gap between machines, there are going to be problems.)

EA and the rest aren't "abandoning" Nintendo just because their online is weaker. That may be the convenient answer, that may be the comfy answer, but it is not the right one.

But if we're getting on the tangent of services... yeah, they are incredibly important. If I'm spending hundreds of dollars on a gaming machine, why shouldn't I expect versatility? These services don't come at the expense of the games - a glance at the PS3 and 360's libraries can tell you that much. Hell, they often enhance the selection. Entire games and genres now are based around online play, and that's only possible with a good online component. Plus, an online infrastructure is essential for digital distribution; some of the last generation's greatest titles (Bastion, TWD, Journey, etc.) were produced this way.

It's not an "either/or" proposition. "I just want games," in this context basically means, "I want less value for my purchase." And that's silly.

Reactions: NEP and GameWinner

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh, we're going to do change.org again?

Ok.

But you'd think that people would get that these petitions don't work, will never work, and by making a petition thread you're only going to get laughed at and trolled.

That website is supposed to be for important petitions anyway. You know, stuff that isn't about a petty video game players and more about, I don't know, politics?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With all due respect, and at the risk of repeating what has already been said, Square Enix have an army of professional accountants and market analysts and you're... just some kid who likes Kingdom Hearts.

Honestly, if you were the massive fan you claim to be, buying a console just to play a specific game would be acceptable.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With all due respect, and at the risk of repeating what has already been said, Square Enix have an army of professional accountants and market analysts and you're... just some kid who likes Kingdom Hearts.

Honestly, if you were the massive fan you claim to be, buying a console just to play a specific game would be acceptable.

Well if you think about it, there's a bigger install base on Nintendo platforms (handheld obviously but the install base is still there in Nintendo owners) for KH than there are on Xbox. Not to mention, let's be frank, Square Enix accountants and market analysts aren't exactly the best or brightest.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LMFAO 3 pages this thread is still going :rofl2:

Maybe because we want KH3 to come to the Wii U; plus, these threads are usually really short. But everyone here is saying that petitions don't work, which is a commonly known fact. Maybe we really do want it, but just think petitions are the wrong way of doing it. And these sorts of threads are where we can express this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo