New Full-scale FINAL FANTASY game specifically designed for mobile devices coming to the West

Players Can Embark on a New Adventure with FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS this Summer.
Square Enix today announced that FINAL FANTASY: BRAVE EXVIUS, a brand-new FINAL FANTASY experience, will launch in Europe and PAL territories, for free, on iOS and Android devices this summer. Having already drawn in five million players in Japan, FINAL FANTASY: BRAVE EXVIUS is an entirely new role-playing adventure for the mobile generation. The title brings classic FINAL FANTASY lore with legendary heroes from the series.

Adventurers will follow two knights of the kingdom of Grandshelt, and a young girl who suddenly appears before them, as they begin their quest to pursue a highly sought after crystal. Players will make their way through various types of dungeons to search for items, collect gil, uncover hidden paths, and venture new routes.

The title features:
· Traditional, turn-based gameplay with streamlined battle mechanics and intuitive touch controls, making it easy to pick up and play for newcomers as well as long-time fans
· Players will be able to move their characters through fields and dungeons to search for items, hidden paths, and new routes.
· High-quality CG animations of FINAL FANTASY summons
· Appearances from new and characters from past titles like the Warrior of Light, Cecil, Vivi, and Terra
· A complete RPG experience in an easy, portable format for mobile phones

Starting today, players can pre-register online at finalfantasyexvius.com to receive special in-game items at launch. This title is being developed as a collaboration between SQUARE ENIX® and gumi Inc. (developer of the hit title Brave Frontier). The game will launch in six languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese (traditional), and Korean.​

boomy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, remember when a couple years back I said that the smartphone killed the PDA, the PNA, the camera and the MP3 player, and handheld consoles are next? It's happening right now, so strap in and enjoy the ride.

Don't think we're quite there yet

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, remember when a couple years back I said that the smartphone killed the PDA, the PNA, the camera and the MP3 player, and handheld consoles are next? It's happening right now, so strap in and enjoy the ride.
I mean thats the dream right? Nintendo going software only?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't think we're quite there yet
We're absolutely there. Mobile technology moves so fast that releasing a standalone handheld is futile - next month the next smartphone will be faster and better, the same applies to consoles in general. The PS4 and the XBO are about 6-7 times more powerful than their predecessors, but by the time they were released 4K became "a thing" and the effort to achieve 1080p@60FPS or the whereabouts was all for naught. Sony is unlikely to release a new PSP after the Vita - the sales were abyssmal compared to the PSP. The 3DS sold relatively well, but even it never came close to the sales results of the DS which sold anomalously well, or even the GBA. Consoles are on their way out whether we like it or not, and like many other things their brands will survive as services integrated into future hardware. It won't happen tomorrow, but it will in the forseeable future. This doesn't mean that dedicated hardware will disappear - it will still be there, like professional cameras, cheapo disposable MP3 players or built-in satnav, but they'll be low-key and very targeted. It's just something that's going to happen because each one of us owns a handset that's more powerful than our consoles and could do the same job, so the reasons for more clutter in our pockets are wearing very thin very quickly.
I mean thats the dream right? Nintendo going software only?
They were multiplatform back in Atari days and it did them a world of good when it came to marketing their own devices later on, so why not? The industry is slowly but surely reaching a critical mass where engineering is so costly and time-consuming that it'll have to eventually collapse in on itself - we've seen it before, we're seeing it now.

Wekker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Awhile ago i checked the chinese ios and android appstore, there are like already billion of those, probably with better graphic and stuffs. Only no name company. And free.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
B-but I still use an MP3 player. Will I be killed too? :unsure:

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbJjFeN.png

*My Account

It's Brave Frontier with Final Fantasy characters, knew about this since last year, and, people disliked it when they played the Japanese version of it. I was going to play it, but, looked boring.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Give me a phone with no touchscreen and I buy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s