OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New Flash Kit: Acekard R.P.G. announced!

Slot1 flash kit with dual memory feature

acekardrpg.gif
The team behind the original Acekard have today announced its successor, the Acekard R.P.G. (Real Play Gear). This highly interesting slot-1 device is the first slot-1 flash kit to boast two completely separate storage solutions; the Acekard R.P.G. has both 8Gb (1 gigabyte) of on-board NAND flash memory and a micro SDHC card slot, this allows for a potentially massive amount of file storage. The Acekard R.P.G. also features an on-board USB connector which appears to be used for writing to the NAND flash.

Update! - A typo on the teams website led us to believe that the onboard flash was 8GB. This is NOT the case. It is 8Gbit, and therefore 1 gigabyte.

The team also plan to make this the first OPEN SOURCE flash kit by releasing all code. Other features include 'quick exchange' for the fast transfer of ROMs from the on-board flash to SD card from within the OS; automatic save type recognition; 100% compatibility; automatic ROM trimming that removes unnecessary data from files automatically; full "iPhone like" touch screen control; Action Replay cheat support; 'Write Balance Technology'; skin support and more.
Acekard Team said:
After 10 month development, we proudly announce the arrival of next generation acekard which called “Acekard R.P.G (Acekard Real Play Gear)”. Acekard R.P.G is revolutionary and all the functions are developed base on the needs of our customers. Acekard R.P.G might not be 100% perfect, but it is definitely the best card on the current market.
Someone needs to fire their marketing guy for that last sentence.

This cart seems quite promising, the original Acekard while not received very well was not a bad cart and received a ton of updates from the team. We'll try and get our hands on this cart as soon as we can, so stay tuned to GBAtemp as we keep you up to date! Additional quotes and feature list are below. You heard it on GBAtemp.net first![title:Acekard R.P.G. press release][A perfect flash card for NDS games lovers — Acekard R.P.G release]

After 10 month development, we proudly announce the arrival of next generation acekard which called “Acekard R.P.G (Acekard Real Play Gear)”. Acekard R.P.G is revolutionary and all the functions are developed base on the needs of our customers. Acekard R.P.G might not be 100% perfect, but it is definitely the best card on the current market.
[World’s first double storage slot-1 card, Support both build in NAND Flash and Micro SD memory card]

Acekard R.P.G (Acekard Real Play Gear), the world’s first “double storage” slot one flash card which gives you the advantages of both build in and external memory system. With the fast NAND flash, your game will never lack again, and with the external micro SD memory card, you can easily expand the storage space.Support micro SDHC card, 4 gigabyte max for now.

[Build in “Quick Exchange” Technology”]

With the “Quick Exchange” Technology”, Acekard R.P.G can easily exchange files between NAND Flash and MicoSD memory card and you can also choose either start the game in NAND or Micro SD memory card.

[World’s first “AUTO Save type detection” flash card]

Acekard R.P.G build in with the “AUTO SAVE TYPE DETECTION” technology which able to auto detects the save type up to 99% of the games. (Until now, we still haven’t found any games that Acekard R.P.G is not able to detect.)

[Build in USB connector, support U-Disk]

No more Card Reader or slot 2 USB Reader is needed. To transfer the games between computer and Acekard R.P.G, the only thing you need is a standard Mini USB cable. Acekard R.P.G supports both USB 1.0 and 2.0, so the file transfer speed is extremely fast. Once the Acekard R.P.G connects with the computer, it can be used as an U-Disk as well.(However, if user want to use the microSD card on PC, a card reader is needed.)

[100% Compatibility for all NDS games]

Acekard R.P.G simulates the original game cart which makes it able to play all the new released NDS games (Clean roms) without updating the kernels.

[Build in “Rom Trimming” Function; automatically remove the un-necessary data in the Roms]

Acekard R.P.G is the world’s first flash card which has the “Rom Trimming” Function build in. When you copy the file between Micro SD and NAND flash, if there is any un-necessary data in the Roms, Acekard R.P.G will remove it automatically.

[Fully touch screen operation]

Acekard R.P.G is using the idea of iPhone which gives the customer a totally new control experience*.

* You are able to switch to “Button Control” as well.

[Original game cart size, no flash needed, no passme needed, easy plug and play]

Acekard R.P.G has the same size as original game cart and you don’t have to flash your machine or using passkey in order to use Acekard R.P.G. It is just plug and play.

[Able to use as a passkey to boot slot2 flash cards]

Acekard R.P.G can be used as a passkey, so you can boot your slot2 flash cards with it, and no MicroSD card is needed.

[Using “write balance” technology, able to re-write NAND flash more than usual]

The “write balance” technology makes the Acekard R.P.G utilize the NAND flash evenly, so it will last longer than the original game cart.

[Save file directly stored into memory card, no battery needed and never lost]

Acekard R.P.G will store your save file directly into NAND flash or Micro SD memory card, so there is no battery needed to keep the save file, and it will never lost.

[Micro SD files exchange]

You can exchange the files between two Micro SD memory cards by using the build in NAND Flash. Make games sharing more easily

[Support Multi-language]

You can easily change the language within Acekard R.P.G.

[Easy Skin Change]

You can easily DIY Acekard R.P.G skin, and change it at anytime.

[Open Source]

We will open all the source code of our OS and also the AKMENU and Acekard R.P.G I/O interface, so homebrew programmer could easily change or re-code the whole system.

[Acekard R.P.G future function]

Support multi save files

Support Action Replay cheat

…………………….

……………………..

All these features will be implemented in next release.

icon11.gif
Official Website of the Acekard R.P.G.

zatelli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
This card sounds promising, the only drawbacks I can think of atm are download play compatibility, performance issues with no-name microSD cards and eventually the use of an onboard battery.
I don't think it boasts breakthrough features that'd warrant a purchase. Perhaps we shall wait & see.
smile.gif

sanchoquo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I cant see this doing a once over on the R4, simply because as flashcarts go the R4 is very cheap, the 8GB NAND will push the price of this up, and with the lack of 2GB worth of decent DS games i dont think its worth it, just my opinion

cyklo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really like the idea of both MicroSD and USB. If there's one thing the DS-X did awesomely, it's the plug-and-play standard USB - every time I swap out my R4 memory, something feels like it's going to break.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It looks good but it won't beat the R4 if it has a bad GUI, thats what I'm focusing on cause it looks like everything else is great.

And to reduxed, how on earth does it look anything like an R4?

And this is probably going to cost more than a DS-Xtreme.

roboz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even though I'm a R4 fanboy I'm pretty impressed by it. The only reason why is because of the massive storage it has. I mean come on 8GB not Gb, but GB. Add that with a 4GB micro sdhc card you have 12GB of space

kiruyama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, but my R4 does the job fine. Unless of course this is going to be $50, then I'd gladly take that 8GB of memory. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.