Hacking New firmware 9.5.0-23

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was wondering. since game card updates do not include updates for eshop/browser. wouldn't it be possible to update from carts and keep the 9.2 browser to use spider and still play new games?

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The spider exploit works just fine with Gateway emuNAND, including but not limited to the Mario Kart 7 Spider Exploit and the Animal Crossing: New Leaf RAM editor. So no, I would say Myria is completely wrong.

yea the way it normally works is it executes a nop, then jumps to the code, and then returns from code and executes bx lr which crashes the browser and it goes back to the home menu. but when the browser crashes in emuand the system completely locks up. the fix for this was instead of trying to execute bx lr to crash the browser, you execute svc 0x03 which i guess is a system service the browser does not have rights to use so the system just kills the browser process, successfully returning you to the home menu in emunand.

Reactions: Lacius

NickMagliaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I have researched my way into confusion. Here is my question. If I bought a virgin 3ds xl (not the new 3ds xl) can I use a gateway 3ds even if the firmware is 9.5? I am just confused because I have read it has support for emunand. I am sorry if this is a basic question, but I do not want to sink my money into something "so expensive"

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have researched my way into confusion. Here is my question. If I bought a virgin 3ds xl (not the new 3ds xl) can I use a gateway 3ds even if the firmware is 9.5? I am just confused because I have read it has support for emunand. I am sorry if this is a basic question, but I do not want to sink my money into something "so expensive"

Gateway can only work on 3DS systems on versions 4.1-9.2, so no.

Reactions: NickMagliaro

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I was wondering. since game card updates do not include updates for eshop/browser. wouldn't it be possible to update from carts and keep the 9.2 browser to use spider and still play new games?

I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work, unless of course Nintendo starts forcing the browser update onto card updates too.

smasbros

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work, unless of course Nintendo starts forcing the browser update onto card updates too.

Browser's exploit can be easily found by Nintendo , perhaps one day, gateway team or smealum will found new exploit to make regionthree available

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this update safe for emunand use with gateway 3.1.0 launcher? I don't want to update just to find out something is preventing me from using my gateway in emunand.

Again, not system, emunand updating.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I'm on 9.5.0-22U. Things I've noticed:

PokeInjection through web browser works. (OR/AS/X/Y)

Trying to access SSB4 web browser, does not.

Update 9.5.0-23U kills PokeInjection and pretty much blocks web browser access entirely.

So it was a patch to the patch...

Then they updated SSMB3DS with another 1.5 update to force system updating to play online.

So if you want online access using 9.5, you're pretty much screwed into updating to latest firmware.

Good news is, Sky3DS still works, but now you have no way of ripping headers unless you own another 3DS.

So the people at Nintendo are probably like:

Ahole1: "Hey, you see the new Sky3DS works on 9.5?"
Ahole2: "Pfft, pls... watch this..."
Ahole1: "Wow. Haters gonna hate."
Ahole2: "Sheah, they're screwed. Let's go get a host and get trashed."
Ahole1: "Sheah, by the time they figure it out, we'll just do it again."
Ahole2: "Cheers...!"

A few weeks later...

Ahole1: "Soooo hungover... oh crap, they figured it out..."
Ahole2: "Yup. Watch this..."
Ahole1: "Kew. Let's so get laid."
Ahole2: "No. You have aids."
Ahole1: "That didn't stop us before..."

Another thing I've noticed is that they aren't banning accounts. They're blocking headers. I tried one public header EEPROM game to go online, blocked. Loaded up same game on original cart with private header, game works fine, account not blocked.

Loaded download game to online access, no problem. Used Sky3DS to play same game with general header game blocked. Went back into downloaded game, just fine.

They're not banning you. They just want you to use a private header AKA go buy the fucking game.

This is about $$$ for Nintendon't and they've gotta be hurting real bad for them to be playing cat and mouse like this.

A few years back when the 3DSXL went on sale it wasn't this bad. I don't think the Sky3DS is much of a threat to them since they have header control, so I wouldn't worry about that. I would be more concerned if they start trying to backtrack and find a way to block GW entirely. (which 9.5 kinda did)

It's not the homebrewing they're worried about. In fact, they could care less.

It's the loss of profit from people making ROM dumps to copy headers that's ticking them off.

The ROM dumping itself doesn't bother them. But since one leads to another, they're trying to cover their butts so they can get paid.

Then there's the long-term gameplan: The game industry isn't doing so hot and it's a matter of time before the guys who are being paid to block us get fired because things get so bad. But right now they're actually hiring more because of SSMB and Pokemon and the New3DS transition.

Once it all calms down and no one likes the N3DS and sales drop again, you'll see that protection will drop and there might be hope to GW again. Maybe not on the N3DS, but the 3DSXL will go the way of the O3DS and they'll be less careful. But right now, the firmware is practically the same on 3DSXL and N3DSXL. So they're covering their butts.

So go with the flow. Relax, and mind your wallet. Everytime you pay Nintendo, you screw yourself from using GW. So talk with your money. Eventually Nintendon't will get the hint.

Update all the way if you want online access. If you want to PokeInject, stay on 9.5.0-22U and avoid 23U. But then you can't play SSMB.

Do go get a Sky3DS and play as many games as you like off-line. Some games don't get enough sales because people can't play the full game and see how good they are because it costs $40 a pop. Even though, most of Nintendo's games are only worth $10-20.

For the love of all things Nintendo, DO NOT BUT VIRTUAL GAMES!!!! Go buy a DSTWO and play everything from NES-DS (exlcuding 64, for obvious reasons) and enjoy your cross-platforming for free. Just like the PC does.

In fact, the PC can also play 64, Gamecube, Wii, and some WiiU. (Dolphin Emu covers most of this)

Truth is, most of this is for free anyhow. Nintendo is literally scraping the bottom of the barrel. And yet, they're on top of the gaming industry.... really sad right now.

This months Gameinformer issue sucked so bad, they actually re-ran a whole review on the N3DS. When I went to go get a copy of PKMNORAS from gamestop, one of the guys asked how I was doing with the new updates, and I said "Sky3DS" and practically got kicked out.

It's about $$$ and when they realize there's no winning, things will get easier. Heck, the phone app announcement shows how desperate they are. That's why it's news.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody have cheats for full village population for US Bravely Default? The ones listed don't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_