Hacking New firmware 9.5.0-23

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
gateway 3.0.4 not work not support emunand 9.5.0-23

It does.
gateway doesn't support emunand above 9.5.0 on new 3ds (or any new 3ds at all right now).
All emunand work on gateway's newest beta.
System nand's higher than, and including 9.3 never worked with gateway, so 9.5.x would not have worked even before this update.

It's important to be mindful of what is system nand and what is emulated nand.

Reactions: Margen67

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if the Gateway exploit is blocked with this update, that means that the browser is not duplicated in emuNAND, but instead, the same browser is shared between sysNAND and emuNAND, yes? This also suggests that since the GW browser exploit is blocked with this update, using it to boot to emuNAND from sysNAND would no longer be possible, and we'd have to revert to the DS Profile exploit from before, correct?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So if the Gateway exploit is blocked with this update, that means that the browser is not duplicated in emuNAND, but instead, the same browser is shared between sysNAND and emuNAND, yes? This also suggests that since the GW browser exploit is blocked with this update, using it to boot to emuNAND from sysNAND would no longer be possible, and we'd have to revert to the DS Profile exploit from before, correct?

What ?No. All updates installed on your emuNAND stay on emuNAND(this is the whole point of emuNAND), you don't share the same browser with your sysNAND. So you can still update your emuNAND to the latest version(for e-shop), and have access to your old browser through sysNAND(to launch GW mode).

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What ?No. All updates installed on your emuNAND stay on emuNAND(this is the whole point of emuNAND), you don't share the same browser with your sysNAND. So you can still update your emuNAND to the latest version(for e-shop), and have access to your old browser through sysNAND(to launch GW mode).

I thought it was weird.. So then what Gateway exploit are people in this thread saying was blocked? Or did I just understand it wrong?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I thought it was weird.. So then what Gateway exploit are people in this thread saying was blocked? Or did I just understand it wrong?

You could still exploit the browser in the previous version to run regionthree, you couldn't use it to enter GW mode, but you could use it for minor stuff like regionthree, which is now completely patched, and you will no longer be able use regionthree.

Reactions: IronClouds

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could still exploit the browser in the previous version to run regionthree, you couldn't use it to enter GW mode, but you could use it for minor stuff like regionthree, which is now completely patched, and you will no longer be able use regionthree.

I'm not interested in RegionThree. I'm a Gateway user and just use the web exploit to launch the Gateway menu to go into either Classic Mode or Gateway Mode. It sounds like this update won't affect me at all then. Thanks :>

Reactions: Ra1d

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
They're not shared.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Different Firmware Files from 9.5.0-22 > 9.5.0-23

0004013800000002 > NATIVE_FIRM (Native Firmware)
000400DB00016102 > NVer
0004001B00010802 > "dummy.txt"
0004003000009D02 > Internet Browser

I've generated my own Browser Timewarp - tested in emuNAND.

Reactions: apoptygma

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?