bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this? That is not same what PSX style have. It more like Kingdom Heart style. No thank you! I am so happy to hear this, but I am not happy what I saw. Thank, Square Enix, for ruined my childhood! I am going back to play PSX version to play this game.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Heh, I'm kinda indifferent about this remake. While I do like the FF series, I never whent crazy about FF7 or what. I'm not one of those people that still think that FF7 "is da best gaem evah!". It's a really good RPG, but I believe there are some games that are better than it. You know what bothers me instead? Squeenix's been milking the FF7 franchise like there's no tomorrow, but it never went down the "remake FF7" route, 'cause they were doing pretty good with other games, I believe.
But now, to me, it feels like something like this:
"Random employee": Boss, people are angry with us because we've been releasing shit over more shit! What should we do?
"SE boss": ...Seems like it's time we give in to our "fans"...
"Random employee" Y-you don't mean...?!
"Se boss": ...Yes. Remake FF7! Let the fandom go crazy! Let the money roll in! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Meh. I also don't really like the change from turn based to action rpg, but, as I said, I don't care.
I also still have a grudge against Squeenix. You promised me Chocobo Racing 3DS, you liars. :angry:

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Please be on PC, pelase be on PC

It will be, but it will be FIRST on PS4. FFXV is apparently going to be a multi-plat as well, including PC. Square Enix seems to have learned that PCs are a legitimate market for their games, especially after seeing people buy the old versions in troves to mod the games.

What is this? That is not same what PSX style have. It more like Kingdom Heart style. No thank you! I am so happy to hear this, but I am not happy what I saw. Thank, Square Enix, for ruined my childhood! I am going back to play PSX version to play this game.

Hey look! It's another butthurt, die hard fan who thinks the industry never changes and will cater to them, just like that.

Last edited by G0R3Z,

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It will be, but it will be FIRST on PS4. FFXV is apparently going to be a multi-plat as well, including PC. Square Enix seems to have learned that PCs are a legitimate market for their games, especially after seeing people buy the old versions in troves to mod the games.

WHAT???? 15 on PC I searched every single day about it, and didnt found out anything,
they keep saying it will be only for X1 and PS4

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country

We'll see, they've released all of the XIII games on PC except for Lightning returns. PC is a massive market, with over 120 million registered steam users. SE can't ignore us anymore, they care too much about money.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their PC ports have been horrid so far so even if its on PC its another question if people will actually buy it

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what i saw non battle wise looks like lightning returns. battle wise looks like crisis core.

personally i prefered turn based combat. though the art style looks good

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeap they have been crap but I love FF even the crapy 13, but I'm not buying a console.

I have a PS4, but it's gathering dust. I'll see how good this game is, if it's truly amazing (which i sincerely doubt from SE's current RPGs) then I'll get it for PS4.

JFTS

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Is it just me or is there something "wrong" with the graphics? I get they are going for a more classic aesthetic, but they are way less detailed than FF XIII (especially in textures). They almost look childish.

And I was there hoping to see them surpass even FF XV... Someone mentioned the Advent Children film. Well that is how they should be. It's not like the technology doesn't exist.

Frankly, this looks too lazy.

overdriver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG..! please, take my $$!
I don't care if it is released as a 'GTA type' or 'Kingdom heart type' game. As far as story line is intact I will take it.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Most of it was pre-rendered (Not how the real game is going to be), the style is changing and it is no longer turn-based. Sorry, but doesn't seem it's going to well.
And with the recent announcment of it being split it, it sounds even less exciting.

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most of it was pre-rendered (Not how the real game is going to be), the style is changing and it is no longer turn-based. Sorry, but doesn't seem it's going to well.
And with the recent announcment of it being split it, it sounds even less exciting.

What you're looking for is a remaster not a remake (which would look awful), what you want is YOUR version of a remake not theirs which is probably not going to happen. Ever. The gaming generation of today would not play the old turn based system, fans of the original would for sure but you cannot cater to an older market. You want to get as many people playing it as possible so you'll change the system and make it something new.

This all comes down to money at the end of the day. You want to make something new and current. Many fans of the original will still buy it because it's FF7, and with the amount of press this is getting many new gamers will buy it based on it's previous reputation. This will probably be an easy sell at the end of the day.

Last edited by Elegant,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guys guys guys...if you want advent children models. But still turn based. Play the PC version using Tifa's bootleg mods. Plus you can get rid of that shitty midi music. Its a the same turn based combat you remember but updates graphic models. There won't be the new revised "remake scenes" obviously but there you go. Plus all those non purist's can still have Aerris tag along and keep her epic "seal evil" spell.
is there a way to use a controller with ff7 on pc now? everytime i tried i just couldn't get the controls set like on the ps1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1