Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
hmmm.....

So the new smash is not compatible with the circle pad pro but it WILL WORK WITH THE N3DS stick? what did we do to you Nintendo to deserve this? I mean, there is probably few people who actually buy the thingie, but that few?

which brings me new questions. Can you play resident evil revelations with the micro thumbstick? I mean, you CAN play monster hunter 4 with it (because they probably are developing it with the N3DS in mind, mind you), but those other games that are compatible with the circle pad pro? will they emulate it? or they also are not compatible with the N3DS Stick, due to obvious hardware differences? shall we see a rain of updates solely so the games can get the new 2 buttons and new stick (for games that probably don't need it anyway)?

perhaps we shall know when they finally release the N3DS in japan.

About the Zelda stuff, I agree that they feel boring the phantom and spirit track ones.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot where I heard this, but I think it was from another user on this forum. The new c-stick works with all existing games that use the extra slider on the circle pad pro.

Reactions: Xabring

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
hmmm.....

So the new smash is not compatible with the circle pad pro but it WILL WORK WITH THE N3DS stick? what did we do to you Nintendo to deserve this? I mean, there is probably few people who actually buy the thingie, but that few?

which brings me new questions. Can you play resident evil revelations with the micro thumbstick? I mean, you CAN play monster hunter 4 with it (because they probably are developing it with the N3DS in mind, mind you), but those other games that are compatible with the circle pad pro? will they emulate it? or they also are not compatible with the N3DS Stick, due to obvious hardware differences? shall we see a rain of updates solely so the games can get the new 2 buttons and new stick (for games that probably don't need it anyway)?

perhaps we shall know when they finally release the N3DS in japan.

About the Zelda stuff, I agree that they feel boring the phantom and spirit track ones.

That is an interesting predicament, pertaining to the thumbstick + triggers. The fact that Smash won't work with the CPP but will with this would suggest that these included inputs are not just an integrated CPP, but its own separate form of hardware that pretty much does the same thing but with a different identification. So all those CPP-compatible games may not actually work with this. Unless there's a kind of dual-mode where if a game requests CPP usage, it'll change and operate accordingly.

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I forgot where I heard this, but I think it was from another user on this forum. The new c-stick works with all existing games that use the extra slider on the circle pad pro.

oh, thanks for the info. the thread got sooo big that I actually lost what most people said.

So all those CPP-compatible games may not actually work with this. Unless there's a kind of dual-mode where if a game requests CPP usage, it'll change and operate accordingly.

Perhaps that´s how it will get the job done....

holy cow! I remember that I was at page like 17 or something and now we are at page 36, this is hot topic!

well, now I wonder how the smash game will detect if it is circle pad or n3ds? perhaps the world will never know....

And now I wonder if I should keep the original 3DS and get the N3DS anyway or if it´s best to gift/sell the thing so I can only get the N3DS alone...
what you guys think about it? it is wise to keep the old one or get rid of it?

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea I figured I should have posted a source with my comment. But google just turns up news reports of Smash Bros not working with CPP. I think I heard it in this thread but it's 36 pages long so..

Bazel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love spirit tracks, but I agree that the touch screen controls were pretty dumb. I wanted a spirit tracks remake to get rid of the controls for something better, and more temples, interesting sidequests, and so on.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I love spirit tracks, but I agree that the touch screen controls were pretty dumb. I wanted a spirit tracks remake to get rid of the controls for something better, and more temples, interesting sidequests, and so on.
Why bother with a remake at all, then? They might as well make a sequel, instead.

A lot of people will disagree with me on this, I'm sure, but I believe that if you're going to change or add tons of major content in a remake, then that kind of defeats the purpose of a remake, and would be better served as an entirely new game/sequel instead.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
What I meant was that all 3DS'es were supposed to ship charger-less (which is stupid, see earlier posts), but NoA was the only division to break under the pressure of criticism.
About charges, the most products are supposed to ship without charges starting next year(i think) due to some environmental thing in EU, so I can see why they would skip including one ;)

Proxies. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, what the actual f*ck, Nintendo? I can use my Polish PSN wherever the f*ck I please and Nintendo Network just seizes up the moment I start traveling? Step your goddamn Online game up, you're a decade behind everybody else, Jesus.
Yeah sure, 4+ days down time and hacked, and screaming Chinese people as user base. I would rather have a slower a tad less reliable network service then PSN ;)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why bother with a remake at all, then? They might as well make a sequel, instead.

A lot of people will disagree with me on this, I'm sure, but I believe that if you're going to change or add tons of major content in a remake, then that kind of defeats the purpose of a remake, and would be better served as an entirely new game/sequel instead.

Sometimes this extra content isn't enough to make a new game, but is pleasent to fans as an extra content of a remake.
I was replaying Pokémon Heartgold and I see all the extras as really welcome;
been able to catch Mewtwo, Groundon, Latios, Rayquaza, the extra areas, the battle maison area and it's move tutors are really welcome,
but they alone can't make a game.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes this extra content isn't enough to make a new game, but is pleasent to fans as an extra content of a remake.
I was replaying Pokémon Heartgold and I see all the extras as really welcome;
been able to catch Mewtwo, Groundon, Latios, Rayquaza, the extra areas, the battle maison area and it's move tutors are really welcome,
but they alone can't make a game.

I like some new content in remakes, nothing wrong with that (I loved the addition of multiplayer and an extra dungeon in Zelda: aLttP on GBA, for example). But I think if you change to much, it kind of defeats the purpose. The person I was responding to in my previous post wanted Spirit Tracks to be fundamentally changed with entirely new controls, as well as more dungeons and side quests. What's the point, then? You'd practically be making an entirely different combat and movement system to accommodate traditional controls (which would change how a number of items work, maybe even for the worse), plus spending resources on making more dungeons and side quests.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I like some new content in remakes, nothing wrong with that (I loved the addition of multiplayer and an extra dungeon in Zelda: aLttP on GBA, for example). But I think if you change to much, it kind of defeats the purpose. The person I was responding to in my previous post wanted Spirit Tracks to be fundamentally changed with entirely new controls, as well as more dungeons and side quests. What's the point, then? You'd practically be making an entirely different combat and movement system to accommodate traditional controls (which would change how a number of items work, maybe even for the worse), plus spending resources on making more dungeons and side quests.

But it would also give a second life to the game, especially to the players that didn't like the touch controls.
Also, having extent new content is a reason for players that enjoyed the original to play it once again.

Reactions: gamefan5

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
well, returning to the topic of the post. (new content on remakes is always welcome).

I am starting to see why they did chose to make a revision of the 3DS. Did you guys noticed that you can´t use miiverse or the webbrowser while you play the smash demo? or that people noticed that?

I have the demo of smash brothers, and I can tell, it´s quite strange that every time I close that demo, My 3DS basically reboots too.

o well....more funny things I guess.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
well, returning to the topic of the post. (new content on remakes is always welcome).

I am starting to see why they did chose to make a revision of the 3DS. Did you guys noticed that you can´t use miiverse or the webbrowser while you play the smash demo? or that people noticed that?

I have the demo of smash brothers, and I can tell, it´s quite strange that every time I close that demo, My 3DS basically reboots too.

o well....more funny things I guess.

Thats cause smash uses all the 3ds memory.

Its good they are making a revision and not a new handheld, the 3ds does not have enough games to drop it now and a new handheld would struggle to get games even more, remember the 3ds a year after launch? no games :o

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is that, anyway? The time of development before releasing the system, or is Nintendo just cheap with their consoles?

The man responsible for a lot of Nintendo's hardware success, Gunpei Yokoi, had the philosophy of "lateral thinking with withered technology". Instead of dumping a bunch of money on the cutting edge of technology, the idea was to come up with new experiences with older technology that was cheaper and better understood. And it's not just about costs to Nintendo, but also to the consumer. Do you think the Wii would have sold as well as it did if it cost the consumer same amount as the PS3 did at release?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...