AR glasses Nreal Air launches in Japan; Nreal Streaming Box announced to expand compatibility

nreal air.JPG

Consumer AR glasses manufacturer Nreal's new model is hitting the shelves soon; at least in Japan. The Nreal Air, a portable pair of AR glasses for mobile gaming and entertainment, has launched pre-sales in Japan. As from February 14th, consumers in Japan can experience the AR glasses in-person at partner stores and is set to hit shelves online and offline on March 4.

It will work similar to the previous model, the Nreal Light, where the glasses pair with the user's smartphone which will provide the processing power, hence enabling the glasses to be lighter and battery-free. Features of the Nreal Air include an equivalent to an “IMAX-sized” 201-inch screen which can be expanded to multiple large virtual screens in the "MR Space" mode, with compatible smartphones. It also has a 3-DoF head-tracking system, high-quality imaging via 1080P (per eye) full-HD Micro-OLED displays, with a 46-degree field of view (FoV) and 49 pixels per degree (PPD).

This new AR glasses model also introduces new temple hinges with a spring system that provides an up-to 40° elastic range to fit various head shapes. There's also a three-level temple tilt angle adjustable system for the best viewing angle.

By the same token, Nreal shared some new announcements. Firstly, they revealed the brand-new Nreal Streaming Box, which expands the compatibility of Nreal Light and Nreal Air devices with a wider range of smartphones. The new accessory supports wireless content mirror casting from users' smartphone to Nreal Air or Nreal Light AR glasses.

Secondly, they announced that the Nreal Air gained the TÜV Rheinland Group's Low Blue Light (Hardware Solution) and Flicker Free Certification, indicating long-term eye care and protection. The companion Nebula app also recevied some updates with new content such as the Cycling app developed in partnership with BitGym, and a TV content streaming partnership in the U.S. with Cinedigm.

nreal streaming box.JPG

Previously, Nreal released their Nreal Light AR headset which we tested previously. To have an idea as to what to expect from their new Nreal Air, do take a look at our impressions piece linked below!

:arrow: Nreal Air GBAtemp Impressions
:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Do they come with a free glasses prescription for when your eye sight goes bad from over use?
Sure grandpa, and they come with free hearing aids for when the kids go deaf from using those confangled airpods all the time too. Now let's get you back to bed.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Do they come with a free glasses prescription for when your eye sight goes bad from over use?

Secondly, they announced that the Nreal Air gained the TÜV Rheinland Group's Low Blue Light (Hardware Solution) and Flicker Free Certification, indicating long-term eye care and protection.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do wish this kind of tech flourishes because it really does seem to have potential but as of right now a lot of people are seeing it as a pointless gimmick. I can see that point but that is mainly because the tech for this has not evolved yet to actually replace the current landscape of what we use now in terms of portable computing.

Everything has to come from somewhere, perfect AR is not going to drop from the sky. It will need time and revisions, and adoption rates. I hope the best for this.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, all techno toys are safe, and your favorite corporation loves you right back!
Lol I don't even own these nor do I plan to get them, but your narrative hasn't had a hint of truth to it since CRT displays went the way of the dodo. Modern VR displays and lenses are really good at simulating depth to an image, so your eyes adjust as they would when looking at distant objects in the real world. Proper IPD adjustment is also important for avoiding eye strain.

Most people aren't gonna spend more than four hours at a time in VR anyway, but I've spent up to seven or eight with no issues (other than the rest of my body getting tired). Anecdotally, I've owned modern VR headsets since 2017 with the original HTC Vive, and my glasses prescription hasn't changed at all since then.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I don't even own these nor do I plan to get them, but your narrative hasn't had a hint of truth to it since CRT displays went the way of the dodo. Modern VR displays and lenses are really good at simulating depth to an image, so your eyes adjust as they would when looking at distant objects in the real world. Proper IPD adjustment is also important for avoiding eye strain.

Most people aren't gonna spend more than four hours at a time in VR anyway, but I've spent up to seven or eight with no issues (other than the rest of my body getting tired). Anecdotally, I've owned modern VR headsets since 2017 with the original HTC Vive, and my glasses prescription hasn't changed at all since then.
The only real fear is with blue light, but that comes from all displays

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...