Hardware New Faster Lighter 3DS Console Announced

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And that says what? That its coming out in japan this year like I already said?
Right now there is no plans for the new 3ds smash bros bundle elsewhere
All there is right now is an xl bundle http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/s...ng-us-two-colors-according-leaked-walmart-ad/

qOKk2.png

Here's a picture of the Smash bros 3DS being released in Europe. They are clearly different. The Japanese one has a dark burgundy shade while also having the Smash logo that the Europe one does not possess. It also doesn't have the ZR/LR buttons so Joe88 is right. This wouldn't be the first time the goddamn greedy selfish creative citizens under the red Sun kept their limited edition 3DS console bunduru's for themselves. If at any point in the future we get a smash bundle here in the states that includes the new 3DS, it will be a completely different design.

t6qrbjnc4gqqyryls7sy.png

My point was, since the New 3DS is gonna be released first on Japan, and it wasn't even announced in the west,
it's natural that they're shown it first on japan, but there is nothing saying it won't be released here

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody all aboard the rumor mill! A customer service rep hinted at a unified platform to download and play your games on like psn does for ps3/vita! Which MIGHT COME AS A FEATURE WITH THE NEW 3DS!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Still no region free. Goddamn. What if I move to Europe? Hong Kong? Japan? Get a new console each time?
Embrace the eShop, I suppose. Or complain. Be vocal about it. Eventually Nintendo will budge - they're the only company stubbornly sticking with ridiculous regional restrictions.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Embrace the eShop, I suppose. Or complain. Be vocal about it. Eventually Nintendo will budge - they're the only company stubbornly sticking with ridiculous regional restrictions.

Why would eShop make a difference? I thought if you go to another region, you can't access any online features on the 3DS?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Why would eShop make a difference? I thought if you go to another region, you can't access any online features on the 3DS?
Proxies. ;)

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, what the actual f*ck, Nintendo? I can use my Polish PSN wherever the f*ck I please and Nintendo Network just seizes up the moment I start traveling? Step your goddamn Online game up, you're a decade behind everybody else, Jesus.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If they release a Spirit Tracks remake/sequel exclusive to this, then I'll buy it. Otherwise, nope.

Really?! Spirit Tracks? I understand everybody has their own opinion,
but for me this is one of the most unninteresting Zelda games ever.
Also, why would they remake a game from last generation, you caneven play it with current 3DS.
There is no reason to remake a game that doesn't even have a decade.
If Nintendo wanted to remake MM, ALttP or the first NES ones I'd be fine.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Really?! Spirit Tracks? I understand everybody has their own opinion,
but for me this is one of the most unninteresting Zelda games ever.
Also, why would they remake a game from last generation, you caneven play it with current 3DS.
There is no reason to remake a game that doesn't even have a decade.
If Nintendo wanted to remake MM, ALttP or the first NES ones I'd be fine.
I actually really liked Spirit Tracks. But don't get me started on Phantom Hourglass. Ugh, that game is so bland, and so frustrating.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I actually really liked Spirit Tracks. But don't get me started on Phantom Hourglass. Ugh, that game is so bland, and so frustrating.

Honestly, I find both Spirit tracks and Phantom Hourglass unninteresting.
For me they lose to almost every Zelda game,
for me they're only better than the CDi ones and the Zelda 2 of SNES.

Reactions: gamefan5

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those two were horrible as far as zelda games though
The problem is mainly the forced touched screen control gimick, even the hacked dpad controls for it could'nt save the game
At least link between worlds brought back dignity to portable zelda games and showed what you can accomplish when you dont force gimmicks

Reactions: gamefan5

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Those two were horrible as far as zelda games though
The problem is mainly the forced touched screen control gimick, even the hacked dpad controls for it could'nt save the game
At least link between worlds brought back dignity to portable zelda games and showed what you can accomplish when you dont force gimmicks
It's not really the topic but IMO the touch controls worked pretty well. The boomerang and some items made neat use of it too. I admit I'd have probably preferred button controls, but it really wasn't so bad that it ruined the game. The game was ruined by sailing being boring again, the dungeon revisits being ass and the whole game being rather meh.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Didn't you kinda do exactly what he did? You said it was uninteresting, but never explained why.

I thought that saying how I preffered almost every other Zelda game was enough,
but if you feel that I should elaborate more on why I think those games are unninteresting I'll tell you.

1st One think I hated in many DS games is how you are simply forced to use the touch screen with stuff that didn't really needed to be,
and in previous iterations of the franchise were done by the old-fashioned button command.
In the DS Zeldas, they take it to an extreme were almost everything you do is by the touchscreen.

2nd For me, the games felt like side projects that didn't take much attention or time by the developers.
Maybe I got high standarts for Zelda handheld games after playing Minish Cap.
The quests were boring, the characters didn't have a personality that made you feel something for them,
there wasn't anyone carismatic, or someone that made you feel angry, sad, happy, someone funny, just a bunch of bland characters.
Exploring the overworld was unninteresting, there weren't much collectable stuff or hidden itens in those games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu