New Arms character Lola Pop revealed and Global "Testpunch" returns again this weekend.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cover.jpg

Nintendo announced another Global "Testpunch" for the Arms game, as usual, during this event at designated times, players will be allowed to try the game free. If you haven't downloaded it before you can do so by getting the free app on your Nintendo Switch's Eshop. (Internet connection required.) After downloading, tune in during the time below this weekend to play as much as you want to or can before it ends.

8 a.m. PT Friday, August 25th – 1 p.m. PT Sunday, August 27th

Nintendo also announced Lola Pop, a female clown character who can inflate herself like a balloon as a new character for version 3, was not stated if she will be playable in the event.

The first bit is for people who have never played the game before but are curious about it. Mark your calendars, because Nintendo Switch owners will be able to try out the game for free during our second ARMS Global Testpunch event. Even if you're not normally into fighting games, the fast and fun gameplay may be worth giving a shot.

Just like the first Global Testpunch, you'll be able to play during select times:

8 a.m. PT Friday, August 25th – 1 p.m. PT Sunday, August 27th

Download the ARMS Global Testpunch demo.

:arrow:SOURCE

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

This game is practically dead and even when gamers have the chance to play it on their Switch for free they don't want it either (well, speaking about myself). Not every game is a Splatoon-success.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't a huge flop at all, m8.
I think it depends on the target audience. Most Hardcore eleague players would enjoy this. I even played this for 4 hours straight to get screen shots for this post. The game could use some work, and maybe after the final product (With all is content and balance changes) maybe will be a purchase by more people. Honestly, i wouldn't mind having to play with a family sometimes. But casual audience aside seem unlikely interested. Is a mixed bag for this, equally good points and bad points.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it depends on the target audience. Most Hardcore eleague players would enjoy this. I even played this for 4 hours straight to get screen shots for this post. The game could use some work, and maybe after the final product (With all is content and balance changes) maybe will be a purchase by more people. Honestly, i wouldn't mind having to play with a family sometimes. But casual audience aside seem unlikely interested. Is a mixed bag for this, equally good points and bad points.
I agree that it's far from the best fighting game, unfortunately. I do enjoy it, although I don't play it too often. I WANT TO GET GOOD WITH HELIX!!!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that it's far from the best fighting game, unfortunately. I do enjoy it, although I don't play it too often. I WANT TO GET GOOD WITH HELIX!!!
Nothing is perfect, it can improve or get worst. The problem is this game could have been better before releasing but wasn't. Underwhelming roster of only 10 initial characters, 5 game modes (Which is rare for a multiplayer game from nintendo consider smash bros as reference) and random acquisition of the ARMS are mostly the points of my review. Having more characters before release would have been nice. Game modes, not really sure what kind of mini games you could have considering the style of game, but smash bros is a fighting game as well and has tons of content on brawl, maybe some boss battles, survival mode or score attack, time attack?

But the biggest problem is acquiring the arms. Each character starts with a set of 3 types of arms. But you can get more. You earn coins from playing, much like smash bros. You use the coins to play a mini game to get more arms. Depending on how much you pay for the game, you can spend a short time or longer time in the mini game, and to top it off, all arms earned during the mini game is complete random. You can for example pick spring man, and unlock arms for Ribbon girl or even ninjara, and to further increase this disaster, the arms you get are arms other characters already own. In this case spring man starts with toaster, but ribbon girl doesn't so you can unlock toaster for her by playing the mini game with any random character.

I usually describe this as the worst use of RNG for a videogame EVER! Yeah it exist in plenty of games like overwatch where you get item boxes and open it for random goods, buy 50 of them for a limited edition reaper halloween costume and open them all up with knowing you could never get it. Games with such things like this, I hate it, and shouldn't be in games. Smash bros had this kind of thing as well, the game mode is called trophy rush, if you want to do random rgn like that, at least have a alternative way of unlocking them and not a random luck based situation, past games had unlockable content, usually require beating the game, under specific conditions. See full ending, play on harder mode, unlock boss character, beat game without losing, why would anyone enjoy a punching mini game that gives you what it wants, when it wants? Even smash bros has a trophy store to buy trophies, how bout just a arms store, unlock arms by playing, earning coins, and buying them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up