Netflix to Produce TV Series Adaptation of 'The Witcher'

witcher netflix.JPG

It seems like Netflix won't stop with just Castlevania for its video game TV series adaptations.

Indeed, Andrzej Sapkowski's series of eight novels that spawned CD Projekt Red's widely acclaimed The Witcher series will get a TV series adaptation developed and produced by Netflix.

“I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories, staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing,” commented Sapkowski in a press release. “I’m excited about our efforts together, as well as the team assembled to shepherd these characters to life.” The author will serve as a creative consultant on the series.

While it is not known if the series will be live-action or CGI, Platige Image S.A, which previously did cinematics for The Witcher games, is involved in the production.

Sean Daniel (The Mummy franchise) and Jason Brown (The Expanse) will be the show's executive producers and added the following in the press release: “The Witcher stories follow an unconventional family that comes together to fight for truth in a dangerous world. The characters are original, funny and constantly surprising and we can’t wait to bring them to life at Netflix, the perfect home for innovative storytelling.”

What do you think? Do TV adaptations of video games have a better shot at being successful than big screen adaptations?

:arrow: SOURCE

Prans

Geek, gamer, human
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Please share right here with a quote, kindly in simple words what you think, when you do. Basically I want to know if the idea all went right. This whole CD Project 'Red' is a fickle idea, not born out of certainty, if you catch my drift sir.
remind me if I forget in like 2 weeks. should have watched it by then.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!