‘It Takes Two’ is getting adapted for TV and film

it takes two.jpg

Hazelight Studios's wholesome co-op game It Takes Two is getting adapted for TV and film. The news come from an exclusive Variety report which notes that developer Hazelight Studios has teamed with dj2 Entertainment for the adaptations. Sonic the Hedgehog movie writers Pat Casey and Josh Miller are also tied to the project.

“Creating the world and story in ‘It Takes Two’ was so much fun for me and the team,” said Hazelight founder and creative director Josef Fares. “Since it has a strong narrative with many crazy characters and just as crazy co-op action moments, the potential is huge for a great adaption to film or television.”

dj2 Entertainment is no stranger to video game adaptations as it has been tied to the Sonic the Hedgehog movies and is working on a Tomb Raider animated Netflix series as well as a Disco Elysium show and a Sleeping Dogs movie adaptation.

Do you think It Takes Two will translate well to TV and film?

:arrow: SOURCE

yraverageamongoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
dont know how i feel about this, seems a bit like dj2 is riding on the video-game-into-film-adaptation wave.

or i could just be uninformed and uncultured, one or the other

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've heard that this game has a decent focus on story so this could turn out decent as a movie I guess? Don't really see a reason for a TV series, though.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now instead of re-boots, they are going to start marketing video game franchises as movies and TV shows. WOW, such originality. I am thinking the movie studios should just shut down, they've had their run, few movies have ever caught up to Citizen Kane if ever, let alone Sam Neil's Posession, so we're done.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now instead of re-boots, they are going to start marketing video game franchises as movies and TV shows. WOW, such originality. I am thinking the movie studios should just shut down, they've had their run, few movies have ever caught up to Citizen Kane if ever, let alone Sam Neil's Posession, so we're done.
what the hell drugs are you on??? so cause movies cant surpass an old movie, the whole industry should be shut down? or am i misunderstanding.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i specifically hate just the story in this game so i'm interested in seeing how it turns out. I've never met a kid with divorced parents (myself included) that desperately wanted them to stay together after they split up. When people get divorced it's always for good reason, since the process is usually a huge pain, and literally EVERY kid understands it. Even as a seven year-old you can "get" that your parents don't love each other anymore if they're arguing all the time.

I don't know if the creator of this game has divorced parents or something and felt bad about it but you always see hallmark christmas movies where a kid feels like the divorce is their fault and they rectify it and the family gets back together in a toxic relationship where they only stick together for the kid. It's not healthy.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the hell drugs are you on??? so cause movies cant surpass an old movie, the whole industry should be shut down? or am i misunderstanding.
I'm on HEK293 and yes, once a thing ceases to grow it's time to pull the plug and put it down. Life on life support ain't no life at all.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on HEK293 and yes, once a thing ceases to grow it's time to pull the plug and put it down. Life on life support ain't no life at all.
if that's the case your gonna need to put a shiton of other stuff on euthanasia, cause nothing grows forever, shit fluctuates, just cause some movies do bad doesnt mean kill the whole thing.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if that's the case your gonna need to put a shiton of other stuff on euthanasia, cause nothing grows forever, shit fluctuates, just cause some movies do bad doesnt mean kill the whole thing.

No, we're gonna have to kill it. The Cancellation of The Dark Crystal was the last straw. The majority prefers shlock over quality.

AHB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i specifically hate just the story in this game so i'm interested in seeing how it turns out. I've never met a kid with divorced parents (myself included) that desperately wanted them to stay together after they split up. When people get divorced it's always for good reason, since the process is usually a huge pain, and literally EVERY kid understands it. Even as a seven year-old you can "get" that your parents don't love each other anymore if they're arguing all the time.

I don't know if the creator of this game has divorced parents or something and felt bad about it but you always see hallmark christmas movies where a kid feels like the divorce is their fault and they rectify it and the family gets back together in a toxic relationship where they only stick together for the kid. It's not healthy.
Except the whole point of the game was
to show that the decline of Cody and May's marriage was largely the result of wholly surmountable character flaws and lack of communication.

The first half of the game is them each placing full blame on the other for the faults in the relationship, and their assumption that Rose's tears would change them back to normal was a result of their failure to see how their fights and intense bitterness toward each other was affecting Rose. Once that fails, they are both forced to admit fault. The second half of the game covers the character flaws that led to the marriage's decline, as well as rediscovering the good that they saw in each other. In the process of acknowledging those faults and committing to overcome them with the help of the other, they are not only bettering themselves, but also their relationship.

Finally, keep in mind that the ending gives absolutely no indication that they aren't still going through with the divorce, just that they have forgiven each other and are still friends. Many many divorces do not involve malicious feelings or actions, and can simply be the result of the marriage not working out for some reason or another. Even though Cody and May's relationship is now on the mend, there could still be logistics and circumstances for which working to overcome them would do more to stress the marriage than strengthen it. Ultimately, the ending is meant to show they are now both recommitted to raising Rose in a loving environment, no matter whether they need to be together or apart to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted