XP
Country
United States
I get this error when trying to play my backup:

-

Launching Game

DVD Read Err (972) no cIOS

-

Now, I have installed bootmii, HBC (which btw, it keep telling me to upgrade from 1.0.3 to 1.0.5, and I have done so repeatedly...) I can play snes roms. I followed the NeoGamma thread and it would not load. Can someone point me in the right direction?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
simple, install cIOS (rev 14) as you didnt and it needed for basically everything

Posts merged

Pippin666 said:
Pippin666 said:
Can't I use another cIOS other than cIOS249 with NeoGamma (like Hermes') ??

Pip'
frown.gif
Hello ??

Pip'

no not that im aware of but i think you can with softchip r100

cancertoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find this cIOS rev14? It is confusing since there are so many cIOS files floating around. And if you can, is there a straight forward, simple guide for cIOS stuff? To be sure I have found guides mentioning them, but each one recommends something different. 0_0 Some of my confusion is due to the whole WAD concept as well. There are a a good handful of wad programs, which are recommended?

TheNintendoGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
cancertoast said:
Where can I find this cIOS rev14? It is confusing since there are so many cIOS files floating around. And if you can, is there a straight forward, simple guide for cIOS stuff? To be sure I have found guides mentioning them, but each one recommends something different. 0_0 Some of my confusion is due to the whole WAD concept as well. There are a a good handful of wad programs, which are recommended?

Use Waninkos rev 14 installer the best (and most used) installer!
You can use a network installation so it's as easy as downloading it and running it!
smileipb2.png

moosh01 said:
Zamwini said:
moosh01 said:
QUOTE(Zamwini @ Sep 28 2009, 01:23 PM) Newbie question here, I just followed this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 to install neogamma and I got a dvd-r and burned Madden 10 to a disk using image burn at 2x. However, whenever I launch the game its all in white and black and the screen goes up and down like a really old TV. Is the problem with Neogamma or is it the disk?
What region is the game?
Its a pal game. Also, I just tried burning it at 8x and got the same problem.
CAn your TV display PAL? If not get a ISO from your region.

It dosn't matter about the burning speed or the region you just have to tweak the settings!

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bergkees said:
longtom1 said:
has anyone made a autoboot press1 for settings forwarder channel could someone point me in the right driection??
You might find your answer in this thread.
don't want a channel with the dol installed I want a autoboot press1 for settings forwarder channel to sd:\\apps\neogamma\boot.dol so i can update my neogamma.dol file when wanted and not have to uninstall the cahnnel and repack new dol file to wad and install again

justonia19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Doesn't it require IOS37 or IOS56?

Retail disc ==> Use SoftChip set to IOS36
Backup disc ==> Install the cIOS replacement for the requested IOS from cioscorp and use SoftChip set to IOS249

Set SoftChip to load the requested IOS.

(The same method should work on Rock Band and monster hunter tri)

well what about neogamma r7? i installed the required ios56 using wadmanager 1.5, but it still does not work, what now, if there is another thread that tells you how to get it working with neogamma, please give me the link

fart_mike

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
totally new to this and have a big problem...dropped the neogamma folder into "apps" and it came up in homebrew...launched the app and upon loading, the wiimote lost contact and i couldn't get it synched back up no matter what...so i'm looking at the neogamma menu and getting nowhere...tried using a wavebird controller after having no wiimote luck, and it freaked out and froze the system, so that's a no-go...any help would be appreciated...i saw something on another post about deleting a config file, if so, where would i find that?

hokagewarrior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anybody help me when i play my PAL games on neogama and other launchers the game works fine but the video is going up then down and keeps continueing and the color is black white help how do i fix this???????????

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hokagewarrior said:
can anybody help me when i play my PAL games on neogama and other launchers the game works fine but the video is going up then down and keeps continueing and the color is black white help how do i fix this???????????

Sounds like your TV can't handle PAL. Try forcing an NTSC video mode. Unfortunately though a lot of games don't like that.

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Did anyone manage to get past the tortoise in Sin and Punishment 2 without getting an error?
[With this loader and a burned disc?]

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I didn't have any issue with Sin & Punishment 2. I saved the game before the final boss, still have to beat him, but yeah, no errors. USB HDD, by the way.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think given recent events that the ability to choose which IOS to load should be added.

I'm well aware it's in the wish list, but now would be a very good time to add it so that we'll be able to deal with alternative IOS's if Waninkoko's cIOS source is released.

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giorgosh said:
Has anyone managed to play EA Grand Slam Tennis?? It freezes on first screen...
frown.gif

I've had similar issues on a couple of my friends wii's that i've softmodded for them. it works on mine but on theirs despite it being the same setup.

U could try alt.dol and select player.dol and watch the motion plus videos, it didnt work for my mate other day but u may have better luck.

thats with using the Neogamma rev6 channel and rev8 beta 7 via homebrew channel.

Notyalc

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, sorry to be a bother on here, but my 'quick questions' thread's getting no responses.

Y'see I'm trying to get the MIOS thing for Neogamma, to run GC games.

I can't seem to find this MIOS '.dol' anywhere on the GCbackup launcher's files.

So, could anybody send me a link to the right MIOS or .dol file that I need?

Even a link to somewhere I can directly download it?

It'd be much appreciated!

BTW, when I get the HBC open & the MIOS thing'll be there, I just load it up right, follow instructions if there's any & then Neogamma runs the games right?
I heard something about v5 & v8 options - what should I choose? v8 I'm guessing?

Thanks for reading, hope you can help me!

Thanks you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...