OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GC backup launching has 3 requirements:
1. a cIOS is installed(of course)
2. a cMIOS is installed
Only way until now is a cMIOS installer, in the latest installer from WiiGator you have 2 options: 1. Select what will be installed(see below) and 2. what MIOS version to use as a base, don't know which one is the best, v4 or 5 is Action Replay compatible, the later ones might have some compatiblity fix(from nintendo! if retail works, it won't help backups)
3. a launcher
I really recommand using WiiGator's GC backup launcher as it has the best compatiblity and it works with both cMIOS install options. The other option is disc channel(with cioscorp or rebooter) or Gamma/NeoGamma and requires the bigger install of the cMIOS.

PS: The installation of a cMIOS might affect running of GC retail discs as it overwrites the MIOS.

Notyalc

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
GC backup launching has 3 requirements:
1. a cIOS is installed(of course)
2. a cMIOS is installed
Only way until now is a cMIOS installer, in the latest installer from WiiGator you have 2 options: 1. Select what will be installed(see below) and 2. what MIOS version to use as a base, don't know which one is the best, v4 or 5 is Action Replay compatible, the later ones might have some compatiblity fix(from nintendo! if retail works, it won't help backups)
3. a launcher
I really recommand using WiiGator's GC backup launcher as it has the best compatiblity and it works with both cMIOS install options. The other option is disc channel(with cioscorp or rebooter) or Gamma/NeoGamma and requires the bigger install of the cMIOS.

PS: The installation of a cMIOS might affect running of GC retail discs as it overwrites the MIOS.
Well, I've got Neogamma. And ideally I'd like to boot through either the disc channel or wii backup (neogamma) channel - whichever's safest I'll go with.

What'd you recommend for GC backups of those 2.

TBH, there's only gonna' be about 10 GC backups I'll make, & they're gonna' be the typical stuff; Mario, Zelda etc.
So assuming most of those're working well enough I'll be happy with more limited compatibility.

Arthas-Sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower, I have one (possibly) dumb question...

Do I need to do something to use the alternative .dol method? I mean... put an alternative .dol in some folder of the SD card? It's the only point I'm lost with your loader (the best, IMO).

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Arthas-Sama said:

Do I need to do something to use the alternative .dol method? I mean... put an alternative .dol in some folder of the SD card? It's the only point I'm lost with your loader (the best, IMO).

If you load the .dols from the disc directly and use cIOSrev14, you do not need anything special. If you can't or don't want to use cIOSrev14, you might need NeoGamma R6.

But whatever you do, NeoGamma is not compatible with cIOSrev15.

uscjunkie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While using Neogamma R7 IOS249 (Rev 14) I connect my hard drive to the back of the Wii in the far left slot (looking from the front of the Wii) and then go in to load a game through USB and it doesn't detect the hard drive. Just keeps trying but never connects. I have the hard drive partitioned with WBFS but it won't recognize the drive. Funny thing is it has recognized it on occasion and actually played a game but now it seems like nothing I do can get it to recognize...anyone with any ideas? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Arthas-Sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Arthas-Sama said:

If you load the .dols from the disc directly and use cIOSrev14, you do not need anything special. If you can't or don't want to use cIOSrev14, you might need NeoGamma R6.

But whatever you do, NeoGamma is not compatible with cIOSrev15.

I'm using cIOSrev14 (I didn't try the rev15 because of all the incompatibilities with your loader [and some others]). Thanks =)

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be good and more idiot proof if when loading a game by disc that was an alt-dol game (one that NEEDS to have alt-dol loaded) it automatically loaded the alt-dol from disc. Obviously this wouldn't be good for games with multiple alt-dols, but it would help with some of them.

It would need hard coding the games ids into the source etc, but the n00b users wouldn't need to worry about they games at least.

Gangsta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Canada
well i have a problem with the multi iso creator. I have a bunch of gamecube games and i made them to one iso. I loaded them up on neogamma r7 and there all black and white
blink.gif

please help

Drew

mymantheman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
Hi I just now installed homebrew channel through hackmii and bannerbomb, I have a modchip so all I installed was the homebrew channel, I skipped bootmii and dvdx. But now when I try to run neogamma R7 it stalls at "loading negamma 52%" in the wii homebrew channel, anyone know if it requires more dependencies or something?

Concept211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nyutan said:
Concept211, Could you also make a forwarder channel for Neogamma with the same graphics?
smile.gif

Hey Nyutan,

I'm a partial newb to wii softmodding so you're gonna have to explain to me what a forwarder channel is. How is it different from a standard channel? And do you happen to know how to modify it using CustomizeMii?

Nyutan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Concept211 said:
Nyutan said:
Concept211, Could you also make a forwarder channel for Neogamma with the same graphics?
smile.gif

Hey Nyutan,

I'm a partial newb to wii softmodding so you're gonna have to explain to me what a forwarder channel is. How is it different from a standard channel? And do you happen to know how to modify it using CustomizeMii?

A forwarder channel points to a boot.dol location on an SD card. in this example It'd be.. "SD:/apps/neogamma/boot.dol" I believe there's a guide to making Forwarders of all types here *Link Snipped*
Edit: Scratch that. That's for ISO forwarders.. Let me find the correct guide... Here it is http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=114165

Edit2: If anyone has a better information source than me, Give it to Concept211, I like his art for NeoGamma
smile.gif

Concept211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, can anyone give me more information about the "Rebooter" feature in NeoGamma? I'm not quite sure how it works or what it's supposed to do.

D

Deleted User

its supposed to let you boot the game from the disk channel i believe, and move and stuff like that i would say its useless if you have preloader but if you have only the system menu then is comes in handy sometimes i dont use it i rather use startpatch or preloader

B

BryceOne

Gangsta said:
well i have a problem with the multi iso creator. I have a bunch of gamecube games and i made them to one iso. I loaded them up on neogamma r7 and there all black and white
blink.gif

please help

Drew

Sounds like you had the wrong region selected. By default, PAL is always selected when I run MultiISO Creator. I have to select NTSC. I've missed this a few times and had that black and white rolling effect happen.

D

Deleted-165688

Someone HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im keep getting error 721!

im using 4.2

is there any solution??????

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Concept211 said:
Since I couldn't find any downloads for a custom channel using the latest NeoGamma R8 Beta 12, I went ahead and created my own along with custom banner, icon, logo, etc. Let me know if you installed it and if you have any problems. Enjoy!

Download: NeoGamma R8 Beta 12 Channel

8705-NeoGamma_Banner.png

8705-NeoGamma_Icon.png

8705-NeoGamma_Logo.png

Doesn't work for me. downloaded twice, can't read info on info 2 or whatnot. crap 2.4b doesn't like the wad either. perhaps an upload problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fellas
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    would you rather have a 9-5 desk job with poor pay or work for an intergalactic space militia with no guarantee of being paid?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    basically, normal boring job or halo and/or helldivers irl
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol. Have you heard about this?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I wish the people who make these emulators know the basic primer course on copyright and trademarks.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I wish the people who make these emulators know the basic primer course on copyright and trademarks.