Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

psx10k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Retroarch runs great on XBox Series S, but I'm running into issues with Super Nintendo MSU-1 games.

The game loads, but there is no MSU-1 sound.

Does MSU-1 work on the Xbox Series S with the Snes9X core? I'm running the game off of an external harddrive.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

psx10k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got ScummVM setup in Xbox Retroarch, but I don't see any way to configure/enable support for a keyboard input? the shortcut and arrow keys seem to work, but none of the other keys (letters, etc.). Has anyone set this up/gotten this working?

Madoka

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, I just installed retroarch on my Series X (retail) I tried to run ps2 and gamecube games on an external hard drive but it was impossible to run them, after searching I saw that I had to put them in the internet hard drive, which I did and it works perfectly. But there is a limit of 30gb, is there a way to increase this limit? Because gamecube games are quite small, but ps2 games are big, so it's quickly full, and I'm a bit tired of having to connect to ftp or go to explorer each time to delete and add new ones, but if there's no choice I'll do it, but if there's an easier solution, I'll take it.

Thanks.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just installed retroarch on my Series X (retail) I tried to run ps2 and gamecube games on an external hard drive but it was impossible to run them, after searching I saw that I had to put them in the internet hard drive, which I did and it works perfectly. But there is a limit of 30gb, is there a way to increase this limit? Because gamecube games are quite small, but ps2 games are big, so it's quickly full, and I'm a bit tired of having to connect to ftp or go to explorer each time to delete and add new ones, but if there's no choice I'll do it, but if there's an easier solution, I'll take it.

Thanks.
I believe only with dev mode.

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Thanks.
Assuming you have the 1.10.0 version, follow these steps to have a NTFS USB Drive (other formats WON'T work) load those games without issues (these instructions apply to Windows 10):

Go to the Properties of the drive -> Security -> Advanced -> Add -> Select Principal -> Advanced -> Find Now > All App Packages > Ok > Tick Full Control > Ok > Enable Inheritance.

There's also no way to increase the 30 GB LocalState/Localfolder/Q Drive storage, not even in Dev Mode.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you have the 1.10.0 version, follow these steps to have a NTFS USB Drive (other formats WON'T work) load those games without issues (these instructions apply to Windows 10):

Go to the Properties of the drive -> Security -> Advanced -> Add -> Select Principal -> Advanced -> Find Now > All App Packages > Ok > Tick Full Control > Ok > Enable Inheritance.

There's also no way to increase the 30 GB LocalState/Localfolder/Q Drive storage, not even in Dev Mode.
In dev mode you can increase internal storage. Just dida few xb1's and series s / series x. When left column is open press options or menu button or something like that. Slide bar to whatever you want to partition for dev mode, xbox restarts and your good to go. I believe this wipes whatever you had installed.

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
In dev mode you can increase internal storage. Just dida few xb1's and series s / series x. When left column is open its options or menu button or something like that. Slide bar to whatever you want to partition for dev mode, xbox restarts and your good to go. I believe this wipes whatever you had installed.
That is not the LocalState/Localfolder/Q Drive storage. That's another partition of the drive, so it doesn't mean anything. Yes, it does wipe what you have installed on Dev Mode, but it also takes up storage you can use in Retail mode for games and apps.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That is not the LocalState/Localfolder/Q Drive storage. That's another partition of the drive, so it doesn't mean anything. Yes, it does wipe what you have installed on Dev Mode, but it also takes up storage you can use in Retail mode for games and apps.
You can run whatever from anywhere as you can set locations in retroarch itself. So yeah, doesn't mean anything.

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
You can run whatever from anywhere as you can set locations in retroarch itself. So yeah, doesn't mean anything.
Not everything though. Cores don't run from anywhere but the default location. retroarch.cfg is also stuck on the LocalState folder and you can't change that. Those two aside, yeah, running stuff from other locations (like a USB Drive) is doable.

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Not everything though. Cores don't run from anywhere but the default location. retroarch.cfg is also stuck on the LocalState folder and you can't change that. Those two aside, yeah, running stuff from other locations (like a USB Drive) is doable.
I run everything from internal how I want no issues: This was 200GB+ internal partition.

Set internal partition to what you want
Intsall RA and set from app to game
Setup RA how you like

psx10k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got ScummVM setup in Xbox Retroarch, but I don't see any way to configure/enable support for a keyboard input? the shortcut and arrow keys seem to work, but none of the other keys (letters, etc.). Has anyone set this up/gotten this working?
For anyone having the same problem, updating to the latest retail mode supported Retroarch UWP (just released in the last few hours) fixes the problem as the ScummVM core has been updated with a keyboard fix. Very neat!

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So everytime a "big" game as gamecube or wii is executed from external USB / HDD it ia actually being copied to the SSD ?
And then it gets erased after closing content

Is there anyway to prevent this and just have game executed from USB without being copied over ?

I believe it may be better to just copy them to the SSD to prevent any constant write and delete as being executed from HDD/USB

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So everytime a "big" game as gamecube or wii is executed from external USB / HDD it ia actually being copied to the SSD ?
And then it gets erased after closing content

Is there anyway to prevent this and just have game executed from USB without being copied over ?

I believe it may be better to just copy them to the SSD to prevent any constant write and delete as being executed from HDD/USB
You should give this a read: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/13603

Reactions: Wishi

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for this link , so if i understood correctly , setting my NTSF drive correctly ( Go to the Properties of the drive -> Security -> Advanced -> Add -> Select Principal -> Advanced -> Find Now > All App Packages > Ok > Tick Full Control > Ok > Enable Inheritance.)

*Should make game load instantly from de USB/HDD without copying/deleting anything to the SSD , correct ?

Thanks

psx10k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does anyone know if mouse support (i.e. using a USB mouse for ScummVM, zapper games, etc.) is present in UWP retroarch? it appears it isn't, I can't seem to find any info to confirm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your honor he thinks he has white privilege
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you rap it, its freedom of speech
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gray zone warfare looks kinda cool
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ohhh on one episode they could use rings to summon Captain Criminal who is just Obama like a spoof of Captain Planet lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does look good
    By your powers combined, hmmm where is Epstein?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just another shit fps clone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought it was some warzone dlc bs
    Looks like an enhanced Far cry 1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's a far cry from it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it a free to play bs, pay to get any good weapon/gear
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not free to play but $35
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Inb4 kiiwii gives it a 0/10
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    6/10 rating on steam
    I would like a Predator game "Kill Team" it takes place in the Jungle of the first movie, your team is sent to hunt the predator, using current tech drones and a trained team. Set traps use strategy to hunt and trap or kill the predator.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ill stick with my Battlefield. Yea a predator hunting game like that would be cool. Esp if you can be Arnold and say "Get to da choppa"
    +1
    Maybe Arnold could do a cameo voice acting, he is the one briefing you on the mission
    +1
    Honestly surprised they didn't make a tie in game for Predators that movie was awesome
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it...