WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Drag0nflamez said:
OuahOuah said:
Is it a protection for pokemon made by Nintnedo ?
No, you link it to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire then you can organize all of your pokemon on the gcn - it was available on special offers. And since you need to link a GBA(SP) to the Cube... which is impossible on the wii...

Guys, stop making PokeBox compatible unless you know a way to make a GBA communicate with the Wii (or the NDS)

I don't have the game myself, but i have seen that it's only useful if you have a GBA linked to the gamecube/wii. I do not know if the GBA linking to wii works or not, but i thought it uses the GC controller connections and works on wii.

Anyways, i'm finished in making it compatible, it boots now and should be able to connect to GBAs if the retail disc is able to do that.

Oh and i got confirmation from emu_kidid that the method i used is more or less the only way to boot the game.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Known and confirmed not working gamecube backups:

Tested with NeogammaR9 beta17 (internal), cIOS57 rev19, WiiGator's cMIOS
Not working: Phantasy Star Online I and II [PAL]

The Legend of Zelda Four Swords retail disc does not load in beta17, tried all video types.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Levente said:

The Legend of Zelda Four Swords retail disc does not load in beta17, tried all video types.

Are you using component cables as well?

Do you want a test version for Phantasy Star? If yes, i need the disc id.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
WiiPower said:
Levente said:

I am using the original cable that came with the wii in the box.
PSO I and II disc ID: GPOP8P

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Levente said:
WiiPower said:
Levente said:

I am using the original cable that came with the wii in the box.
PSO I and II disc ID: GPOP8P

http://www.mediafire.com/?c2wmt2joimz
It will only do something different than the regular NeoGamma, if it says something about high plugin.

QUOTE(Levente @ Jun 5 2010, 02:33 PM) And perhaps an other small text issue:
I got this DVD Err(1225). I don't know if it should be Error or not.

On which game do you get that?

QUOTE(OuahOuah @ Jun 5 2010, 02:38 PM)
1225 is for Wii with "no burn cd" problem no ? LU64+ and black...

The numbers don't have any special meaning, at least not that i know of. Basically it's a read error, and it can be caused by lots of stuff.

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
M[u said:
ddy]
Linking you GBA to the Wii works just like with a real Gamecube.
disregard my post then - i thought the gameboy advance to gc cable used a special port not on the wii.

i still wonder if a GBA & a NDS can be wirelessly linked (using that magic transparent thing that you put on top of your GBA and the builtin nds communications)
i guess not
wink.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Levente said:
WiiPower said:
It will only do something different than the regular NeoGamma, if it says something about high plugin.

PSO still not working, An error occured...,
with reloader only black screen.

Do you have modchip? If NeoGamma says, loading retail disc on your games, multi game discs have no chance to work in NeoGamma. And you can't really help be getting backups to work then, because the backup code would not be running on your Wii.

And i need precise information and what happens with which version and which settings, or else i won't take a look at it.

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
WiiPower said:
Levente said:
WiiPower said:

PSO still not working, An error occured...,
with reloader only black screen.

Do you have modchip? If NeoGamma says, loading retail disc on your games, multi game discs have no chance to work in NeoGamma. And you can't really help be getting backups to work then, because the backup code would not be running on your Wii.

And i need precise information and what happens with which version and which settings, or else i won't take a look at it.

I do not have a modchip. Wii is softmodded, cIOS57 rev19 slot249, WiiGator's cMIOS, no preloader or anything.
PSO I and II is on a mini-disc (Fuji, made of RITEK G04, which is the best for gamecube backups), and this backup is working on softmodded Gamecube with SD media Launcher and GCOS, I even played it online (www.schtserv.com).

beta17 settings on Wii: Gamecube Mode: internal
Force video: Disc
Patch Video: No
if Reloader is set to No I get "An error has occurred. Turn the power off and refer to the Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet for more information."
if Reloder is set to Yes I only get a black screen, no error message.

Same settings and same results in blub18.

What else do you need?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you. So the high plugin doesn't help the game, and the reloader makes it even worse. Sorry, i don't think i can do anything about it, but it was worth a try.

xShinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having a problem playing Rock Band 2 (from disc). Everytime I boot the disc, it starts up normally, but when I get to the loading screen with the drummer (which moves incredibly slowly btw) it stops working and gives the "disc could not be read, please check game manual" (not the exact quote) error. Help?
It's a PAL wii with an NTSC game btw, but that shouldn't be a problem right?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Beta 18:
- Action Replay should work again if Action Replay is on a multi game disc, and the game is on a single game disc. (Action Replay and game on the same multi game disc should still work...)
- Speedup for the reloader

Now i think the point is reached that NeoGamma's gamecube loading is superior to WiiGator's loader. For most games the reloader should be as fast as loading games without it. (Let me dream a bit...ok?)

vki

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
0xc0a80001
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
I don't know, but i doubt it. If it was they would be doing the same on Wii games which they are not.

I need incompatible games, or else the only thing i can do it improving the speed on the reloader. And that's something i can't do on my own right now, because i don't know where the Bootloader/IPL/whatever that is loaded to 0x8130000 in memory is located on the disc.

that's the actual bootrom on a real gc, on the wii thats loaded by the arm part of mios. it's just stored in a section
of the mios elf. (LOAD = 0x012fffe0)

so this wii "gc" ipl has a list of ids it checks for, and actually applies binary code patches on some games
(presumably to work around bugs)

"GZL" "GSR" "PZL" "GC6J" "GC6E" "GC6P" "GPOJ" would be a few, so i thought maybe that's related to your problem ?
i mean not only the patches, but the fact that it actually hooks into reads as well
wink.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vki said:
WiiPower said:
I don't know, but i doubt it. If it was they would be doing the same on Wii games which they are not.

I need incompatible games, or else the only thing i can do it improving the speed on the reloader. And that's something i can't do on my own right now, because i don't know where the Bootloader/IPL/whatever that is loaded to 0x8130000 in memory is located on the disc.

that's the actual bootrom on a real gc, on the wii thats loaded by the arm part of mios. it's just stored in a section
of the mios elf. (LOAD = 0x012fffe0)

so this wii "gc" ipl has a list of ids it checks for, and actually applies binary code patches on some games
(presumably to work around bugs)

"GZL" "GSR" "PZL" "GC6J" "GC6E" "GC6P" "GPOJ" would be a few, so i thought maybe that's related to your problem ?
i mean not only the patches, but the fact that it actually hooks into reads as well
wink.gif

Thanks. Pokemon writes to 0x80001800, and that's the problem with it. About those patches, i can't say if they are executed when booting the games with NeoGamma or not. And if they are executed, i doubt i can fix it. These are patches to get the game to work, and all i could do is to change the disc id in the MIOS, so it's not patched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5